He is fired up tonight...
Their isn’t (well, probably not) an anti-warrior lean to the calls, but does the team believe that there is?
Like, you see a call against the sharks, Gallen does a big song and dance, what about this, what about that, but he does not really look bothered, he’s just performing his whiner role.
Whereas earlier in the season Hoffman is full on lecturing the refs, on the weekend all he can do is roll his eyes in dismay. Similar to Mannering captaincy arc, by the end he didn’t even have the energy to argue.
Do they think they are playing 17 vs 20 each week, it has to be offputting to see some of the stuff that has come out this year
- Charlie Gubb gets 7 weeks for an nothing shoulder
You can tell the are trained to say, ‘it didn’t affect the result’, we still could have won, yada, yada, which is invariably true, but it seems to really shake them up on the field, how often do we see a meltdown after call goes against them.
- Kata will get suspended this week for putting someone down on the flat of his back, (didn’t TL do the same thing last week?) actually the judiciary fucks over every team at some point, they are absolutely insane.
- Taking out a warrior player chasing a grubber is a penalty only, a warrior player taking someone in the same circumstances is sin bin or penalty try.
- If an opposition player goes behind his own man leading up to a try, its fine cos the warrior initiated contact (you only have to go back to the titans game to see one of these) on the other side, its an obstruction penalty. Even the explanation for this one, ignores the initiates contact part, just mentions other tigers being available to make a tackle.
- Various golden point “warriors should have been awarded a penalty”
Remember when they said they were going to treat refs with respect, shake their hands etc? that’s pretty clearly not going to help them. But you don’t want to go full Michael Cheika either.
Did Doyle have a falling out with Greenberg at some point, its getting ridiculous.
We can grizzle all we like but this is a business & all about $$$$ so with the assistance of the bunker finals positions can be pre-determined to the satisfaction of the NRL. Wouldn't mind betting the programmes are already printed. Warriors never stood a chance.
Twice the on field officials ruled line drops against us, when the ball was actually knock on by the Tigers in goal. Both times, we saw on TV the knock-ons BEFORE the line drop outs. Klien would have seen them too. Why didn't he tell the refs to change their rulings?
Let's make the refs more accountable for their decisions as well - if the captain's challenge finds that the ref has made a mistake, the captain gets to fire a paint ball pallet at the ref.According to reports the Captains Challenge will be introduced for the Final Series.
Isn't that exactly how it works??Actually, I liked the way hockey used their challenge system at the Olympics - each side had 1 challenge per half. If you challenged a decision and the ref was wrong, you still kept your challenge for that half. If the ref got it right, you lost the ability to challenge for the rest of that half.