General The Appreciation Thread

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
EDIT - Long read, but just fucking do it lol

To give you an insight into what I mean about this "community" that this is entire site is. I will share with you "back behind the scenes" of this site.

I dont usually have the time to post like this so let's go. Some inner thoughts about this forum.

Each week without fail :
oman oman will create the weeks games in bookie and then later on settle them. He will create the round of games in the tipping comps, and then enter in the results to settle the games.
mt.wellington mt.wellington will come in and edit/delete/move posts. He will schedule all the threads for the round.
1995Warriorsfan 1995Warriorsfan will backup and create the threads and do basic mod and act as the safety net.

The do other things too that I might have forgotten and adhoc tasks like creating new player profiles, or updating stuff or whatever. They just do what they can to help.

These guys all do it each week voluntarily out of their own time in a busy schedules. Hell, oman isn't even a warriors fan! He has refused to even let me buy him a dragons jersey or jacket. Behind the scenes we talk about making things better. We talk about what we want to add to make things better for now and in the future for warriors fans. No ego, no fuss. Always aligned. No bs fighting, just wanting to get it done best for warriors fans. I do some stuff too which is equal to their work. We don't chit chat behind the scenes. We don't plot a ban or deletion or say shit like "i hate this guys opinions". We just moderate as we see it. We may make mistakes. We are human. We have our own commitments. We are time poor. We just do it because that is within our vision of this site. We want to be a place of quality. Sorry, no fucks given but our vision is to have a place of quality behind this site, sometimes it cannot be found in online forms.

Prob not the right place to post this behind the scenes, but thought it was time to show appreciation to them. Every person who uses this site should appreciate their efforts in making this site actually exist.

Every single person on this site should fucking "love" this post. (But I know some clown will report this post lol)

Not because you are human and can appreciate. You are also a nz warriors fan who uses this resource, even if your lurk and don't post. Or view the site but never registered. That's cool. Just know that this site exists because of them.

That comes to another point. The ads you see on the site help the site in paying server costs, software licences, Software purchases, hiring developers for custom stuff for the site, prizes, wether creating new or fixing something. Other ppl for server maintenance or security or designing stuff. Whole lotta things need to be coordinated behind the scenes. Some ppl help by buying contributor user upgrade for 5 bucks a month. Some i haven't had the time to even tell that their payment doesnt go through because their payment processor(stripe) banned our account because our bookie comp "gave out prizes for playing with virtual currency" = gambling = ban/account frozen. One of these champions (forgot user) even msged me to tell me that payments weren't being taken. I told him to enjoy ad free once I got time to find and tell everyone. Time. They show their appreciation by helping the costs of the site so we can improve it. All for the betterment of the community. All money this site gets is spent on current and future betterment of this site for when we can no longer continue to do this. We will pass the baton on to other devoted fan we think can take this RESOURCE to a better level than we can. This is not a for profit or ego or power tripping haven for any of us. Someone will prob say the ads are making the site money, but fuck it ill unblock it. Someone will prob say this is a profit making site with the ads or whatever. OK, im fairly private, but im a high earner ($xxxx day). I dont need the $20 it makes in a high performing ad day. ALL money is spent back on the site. Everything is charged to my business acount. I can take losses, and if there are profits then for that moment in time i will have the money in my bank. I apologise if any of it goes to Aus govt as part of tax. I cannot be perfect and perfectly balance the site costs. Just know that i have the best intentions for the nz warriors fans when i make decisions.sone which may not be fully realised quickly.

Now that was a bit of a fucking insight. Hey its friday after a long week and needed to relax, so I thought i could share some insight. This site has existed since 2003 in some form, and it has been passed from one person to another. Each hoping they could do a better job. A former forum owner gave us this domain for free after he saw the community we created(OGs will know we started as nzwarriorsfans.com). We paid to BUY nzwarriorsonline.com forum from another owner. The last owner fucking sold something like a cherished community of warriors fans and haven for warriors fans to vent, rejoice. All for cash. Before that Vodafone also created a nz warriors forum. It wasn't beneficial to them for costs reasons or because corporate showed how much they cared about the warriors that they could just bail without care for the fans. Rest assured I won't sell this site to a fellow warriors fan - it will be handed over to better hands. It will have to be someone who I know can take it to better state then we can. Fuck that person better show up in my lifetime. It will need to happen at some stage. If you are someone who can do that and show same level of devotion you better msg me as a backup. It will need to transition to better people, if for some reason oman or mt Wellington or 1995warriorsfan or i cannot do it longer. You need to show your hand that you can help and chip in if needed. We will need hands. If we ask for some testing time w users, please put your hand up and say you can. We do it so we can make the site better.

We have plans. We try some things that you never see. Some fail. Some cause more issues. Its all trial and error. We make mistakes - well I do lol. We think about ways that can improve the site.

I have always wanted more custom stuff some of which I vision to take the site to a better level. Some of which i share. Some of which I dont. I do apologise, you are seeing my best vision for the site. I'm just trying my best for the community. One day you will see someone else's. Please help when I ask. It only helps US.

I have always wanted to fucking give a big thank you and hug to all the staff who keep this site running and making it better. I'd love to fucking buy each of them a trip to aus or nz or something special warriors related or just SOMETHING to show OUR appreciation. I'd love to provide a huge gift for these people! I'd love to throw a big ass party if I'm in Auckland with only the fans and staff who make this site. WE just need to get better. If you haven't registered, register! If you are a lurker, fucking post. If you use and adblocker, consider not on this site. Your opinion fucking matters. Show it. We are inclusive. We do not want someone to feel like their opinions don't matter. Whatever it is, say it. We all LEARN from it. Some will say its stupid - fuck it. You do YOU. We want that. Just please dont be retarded about it when we say you are taking the thread offtopic. Just be respectful and realise this is our best vision within our constraints. We are moody sometimes too. Forgive. We don't mean it. We do what we do because because we love what we do, and we do it for the betterment of the community. Like I say someone will have do it as they see fit for the benefit of the community. When that time comes, give them the same opportunity.

When i or the rest of the staff post on warriors thread. Treat the post just like you would to another random user. Don't like it unnecessarily because I'm an admin. Don't construe it to mean you cannot challenge it like you would if it was someone else because you fear getting on a moderators wrong side. Just treat us like you would another user. Most of us staff hardly post now. I speak for myself when I say I dont want it to come across with any bias. Other times I dont give a fuck. And other times I just read. But let us be ourselves and maybe we will enjoy posting again. Maybe we are getting older and prefer reading to posting? Maybe.

Ok so that was a bit of an insight into a community (we hardly we talk. We just get it done) within this forum community.

As I said, you better love this post because this site exists because of these fine men. Appreciate. Much love to them.

Edit 2 - some ppl will never see this post. They only care about rugby league related threads. That's cool. But if you as a nz warriors fan see this post and use this forum for your enjoyment/entertainment you better show appreciation to them.

Shout out to Fonzie too. He's not part of the site but we promote his podcasts because he is fucking so awesome (despite being a Kearney sympathiser ) that he created a podcast for you guys. Fucking cool! We need more warriors fans to take that initiative and that next step to grow our community. This site will try to showcase that. Just ask. If you make warriors art. Showcase them here. (Offer to help with graphics too like awesome Rizzah does). Think outside of the box of what you can do. Want to write an article - try it. Want to make a warriors compilation video or something- do it. You think it and do your best. If you need a spot to buy sell warriors gear, ask! I'll think of a cool way to facilitate that. Just ask. Provide feedback or wish list features that you would like. Just think the dream and share. No way of contributing to the community is too big or to small. If you have never registered, take that step. Someone else will reply for the first time. Someone else will pm another user for the first time to tell them that their post was awesome - they may strike a lifelong friendship. You never know. Until you find you own way of playing your part in what we are trying to build.

If you ever have ideas to make it better. Please share.

Grateful 🙏

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Taj and I have always shared the same vision for this site. Its not just about creating something we can discuss now but something we can pass on to future generations.

There will come a time when it's content will actually become a time capsule of Warriors news, views and opinion.

What this place serves as a future resource is what I see as it's ultimate potential. Imagine reading posts from 1995 and knowing what was being said back then. Well we can't go back that far but we can go back to 2008. Real time thoughts by real fans.

As admin I'm just here to grease the engine but it would be nothing without its members posting up. It's those people who are the real heart and soul behind this forum. I appreciate those that have been here since the start of this iteration of the forum in 2012 and continue to frequent this site. Every year we lose some but every year we gain more.

I will say that without Taj tech savvy know how we wouldn't have this place at all. Anyone who frequents other forums will appreciate just how well set out and organised it is. He is always looking to improve and update this place.

I'm not sure where the myth of bans come from but there has been maybe 10 people permanently banned in total since its creation and 3 of them were jonno! Even he's still here but doesn't post anymore. You have to be a complete fuckwit to get banned from here. Most that disappear simply fade away or leave. You will always be warned with blatant racism being the exception.

As for post deletions it is always completely off topic posts that get deleted. The vast majority are moved to the correct thread. It's not just about keeping them on topic for now but again it goes back to what it'll look like in the future. I don't want people in 2050 wondering why every fucking thread from 2013 is talking about Manu Vatuvei 🤦🏼‍♂️. Or why every half back playing player thread from 2018 onwards has 29 pages about Shaun Johnson 😭.

We aren't perfect and mistakes will be made but I'm pretty happy with how well it runs itself these days and the truth is there is little need for moderation now. That didn't happen by accident and only took 6 years of moving, deleting and sending out 1000s of notifications lol.

We are always looking to improve this place and add to the experience. For all of us.

I think this place is best summed up by part of its mission statement.

FOR THE FANS, BY THE FANS.

And just this generation but the many to come...

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Taj and I have always shared the same vision for this site. Its not just about creating something we can discuss now but something we can pass on to future generations.

There will come a time when it's content will actually become a time capsule of Warriors news, views and opinion.

What this place serves as a future resource is what I see as it's ultimate potential. Imagine reading posts from 1995 and knowing what was being said back then. Well we can't go back that far but we can go back to 2008. Real time thoughts by real fans.

As admin I'm just here to grease the engine but it would be nothing without its members posting up. It's those people who are the real heart and soul behind this forum. I appreciate those that have been here since the start of this iteration of the forum in 2012 and continue to frequent this site. Every year we lose some but every year we gain more.

I will say that without Taj tech savvy know how we wouldn't have this place at all. Anyone who frequents other forums will appreciate just how well set out and organised it is. He is always looking to improve and update this place.

I'm not sure where the myth of bans come from but there has been maybe 10 people permanently banned in total since its creation and 3 of them were jonno! Even he's still here but doesn't post anymore. You have to be a complete fuckwit to get banned from here. Most that disappear simply fade away or leave. You will always be warned with blatant racism being the exception.

As for post deletions it is always completely off topic posts that get deleted. The vast majority are moved to the correct thread. It's not just about keeping them on topic for now but again it goes back to what it'll look like in the future. I don't want people in 2050 wondering why every fucking thread from 2013 is talking about Manu Vatuvei 🤦🏼‍♂️. Or why every half back playing player thread from 2018 onwards has 29 pages about Shaun Johnson 😭.

We aren't perfect and mistakes will be made but I'm pretty happy with how well it runs itself these days and the truth is there is little need for moderation now. That didn't happen by accident and only took 6 years of moving, deleting and sending out 1000s of notifications lol.

We are always looking to improve this place and add to the experience. For all of us.

I think this place is best summed up by part of its mission statement.

FOR THE FANS, BY THE FANS.

And just this generation but the many to come...
we love u 2 brother

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Black shirt with NZW logo of this site.

I’d buy (many) and wear. No joke.

Might be your only customer though. Joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: Navigator

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
hamilton
Personally I had always hopes this site made money for whoever ran it. It’s an amazing resource that I enjoy and it’s never cost me a cent (I didn’t even realise there was a paid option until reading Tajhays post.)

I was left with two questions though?

1, who actually cares is this site makes someone a profit.
2, what on earth does Tajhay do for a job?

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
Much love for tajhay and mt.wellington for putting up with mental defectives like myself 🤣

Reactions: Navigator

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings