Why would it be impossible? He should be playing 40-60 minutes in 2-3 years if he goes hard and continues to play 1st grade. Even continued 80 minute games in ISP with the odd fresher game in NRL will keep his development on track...
I think he was being sarcastic....hence the hashtagWhy would it be impossible? He should be playing 40-60 minutes in 2-3 years if he goes hard and continues to play 1st grade. Even continued 80 minute games in ISP with the odd fresher game in NRL will keep his development on track...
Me or Satae?1st grade quality
Just needs game time IMO we need a giant .Napa an Latrell were dominant last week an the rest of their team fed off it .Paasi took the challenge an was hearty but we need one big mofo just to give us some presence on the field ..Ahmau? Tapau he'd do itBig game for Satae.
Excited to see him get another chance and try keep Lisone out.
Just needs to do his job and build his game time by the game.
All the extras should come with confidence as he grows in first grade.
Its up to our man to do so.
Might not need a big bad prop if this young man can produce.
Not yet according to the new zealand hearald.Is that official - Satae to Storm?
His agent is laying it on a bit thick calling these his twilight years at age twenty five.Not yet according to the new zealand hearald.
Promising front rower Chris Satae is set to remain at the Warriors next season despite a lucrative offer to join the Melbourne Storm.
The 25-year-old has been weighing up whether to accept a three-year deal with the reigning premiers but the Warriors have no intention of letting go of one of their most promising forwards.
The 1.92 metre 115 kilo powerhouse has been named to make his fifth appearance of the season off the bench in Friday's clash against the Cowboys in Townsville, which will activate a clause in his contract that will keep him at the Warriors for another year.
Another clause promises Satae an upgraded deal for 2019 if he goes on to feature in 10 games this season, but the Warriors are yet to make an offer to extend his contract beyond next season.
Despite being commited to the Warriors, Satae's agent Dixon McIver says his client faces some tough decisions, with the offer from Melbourne promising better financial security and the chance to become a regular NRL starter as a replacement for departing Storm prop Tim Glasby.
"There is a three-year offer that is a very good and secure offer for him and his family," said McIver.
"The Warriors did have the opportunity to take Chris up prior to round 13, which they never activated, hence him being in this lull period at the moment until the fifth game clause is activated.
"These are the twilight years of his career and he can't be just a bench player going forward when he has the chance to be a starting player and he will develop into a much better prop than what you see now."
A move across the Tasman would also make life easier for the father of three and his partner, with both of their families living in Australia.
"A lot of decisions that Chris has to make involve the wellbeing and security of his family going forward," said McIver.
"With all of his family and his partners living in Australia and none here, there's a lack of support.
"These are determining factors in Chris' choices as to whether he does remain or goes."
Senior Warriors forward and unofficial Kiwis leader Adam Blair has taken Satae under his wing this season and hopes he is able to carve out a long career at the Penrose-based club.
"Chrissy has got a really bright future so I'll most probably go and have a word with him to see where his head is at," said Blair.
"He feels comfortable in having a chat to me and I'm just here to listen and guide more than telling him what to do. It's more about making him feel comfortable with his surroundings and how he plays and backing himself.
"And that's the key for the Warriors, trying to keep our players here and not letting them go. We don't want to lose our players to any Australian teams, because sometimes they get away and end up becoming really good players and NRL stars.
Warriors forward weighing up Storm offer
Check out this story from the NZ Herald Android App
Fucking weird quotes from his manager! ‘Twilight years’ ?!?!?Satae set to knock back Storm, stay with Warriors
June 13, 2018 - 3:20 pm
The 25-year old prop will stay in New Zealand.
ROTORUA, NEW ZEALAND - FEBRUARY 17: Chris Satae of the Warriors charges forward during the NRL trial match between the New Zealand Warriors and the Melbourne Storm at Rotorua International Stadium on February 17, 2018 in Rotorua, New Zealand. (Photo by Hannah Peters/Getty Images)
Warriors prop Chris Satae will remain with New Zealand, knocking back the Storm’s lucrative offer to play in Melbourne
Satae has been tabled a three-year deal from the reigning premiers, but clauses in his contract may permit him to stay with the Warriors next season.
One of those clauses is due to Satae playing his fifth game for the season off the bench this Friday against the Cowboys. Another clause guarantees him an upgraded deal in 2019 if he plays 10 games this season.
The Warriors are yet to offer the 25-year old an extension beyond the 2019 season.
Satae’s agent Dixon McIver says his client is faced with a difficult decision, considering the opportunities the Storm are offering.
SEE ALSO: ARL announce sin bin rule changes
“There is a three-year offer that is a very good and secure offer for him and his family,” McIver told nzherald.co.nz.
“The Warriors did have the opportunity to take Chris up prior to round 13, which they never activated, hence him being in this lull period at the moment until the fifth game clause is activated.
“These are the twilight years of his career and he can’t be just a bench player going forward when he has the chance to be a starting player and he will develop into a much better prop than what you see now.”
Any one know anymore about this?