General Tessa Lavia

Northern_Union

Right we all know we aint got a 5/8 in the club. And we also know that former Kiwis stand off Tessa Lavia is on the outer with the Blues....what do you guys reckon, could he do for us what he did for Melbourne or would it be to much of a risk to get him to our club?

nzlturk_old

Worth a risk I would say. He is a proven performer in the past. I have alot of time for him as a footballer.

Just deserves tens of thousands, rather than hundreds of.

Iafeta_old

Overrated in my opinion.

Made really poor decisions in terms of his play-making in union. If anything, he completely and utterly derailed the Blues attacking potency.

Esoj_old

he was average in league came over to union and is still average. hopefully he gets the flick from the blues next year as he basically destroyed the blues season this year.

Tajhay_old

we need to concentrate on getting good players who are playing league....not union!

id rather have a junior playing than a hyped up union star for us...you woulda think we have learnt from the kirwan and ellis experiment of years gone by.

stick to the local boys...we will come good.

edguy_old

taj hes already played for the kiwis cous .......

yeah id take him , he has a lot better kicking game than our current mob... bit hard for anyone to replace Los at the blues ... ......

Northern_Union

won a NRL grand final with the storm and played a hand full of tests for the kiwis. he has a history in league.

Ronnie_7_old

Nah leave him in Union he's nothing special and let's face it we need something special in 5/8

Skinny_Ravs82

Iafeta said:
Overrated in my opinion.

Made really poor decisions in terms of his play-making in union. If anything, he completely and utterly derailed the Blues attacking potency.

Yeah he sure did, spoilt the Blues really. I still don't know why they keep him. *bleah*
I don't think he'd be that helpful to the Warriors. More of an added problem.

dazzler13_old

Lavea is the ultimate flat-track bully to use a cricketing term.
He sucked at league the first time around. Melbourne chased him away, Manly admit making a mistake signing him and got rid of him before he blew games for them and the Blues were too stupid to see how crap he really is.
He plays well when the team around him is dominating but never plays well agaisnt quality opposition. He played two good league games in his career - his then world record points haul against shite opposition in the 2000 World Cupa nd Melbourne's thumping of St George a few years back.
He has continued to crack under pressure and would cost mega bucks compared to the pittance we spend on Rovelli.
Give me the status quo any day because we can make smarter decisions that waste money on Lavea.
Josh Hannay, Wade McKinnon, Tim Smith etc are all wanting out of their current clubs, let's get in their club's ears about neogtiating before June 30.

Northern_Union

He's played NRL, he's played Super 12, he's played a couple of tests for the Kiwis. Can anyone thats running him down on this thread match what he's done?

MarkW_old

I think Lavea's a decent player. You don't get to play footy at an elite level if you are complete rubbish.
He has had a below average season with the Blues, but I think it's all to easy to make him the scapegoat for the team's bad performances. Sure, some of his plays were poorly executed, but there are 14 other people on the paddock that are supposedly quality players.

If the Warriors could get him at a reasonable price on a one season contract, I think it might be worthwhile.