Melbourne Storm
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliesa_Katoa
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/eliesa-katoa/summary.html
EK.jpg

Eliesa Katoa (born 3 January 2000) is a Tongan professional rugby league footballer who plays as a second-row forward for the Melbourne Storm in the National Rugby League (NRL)

Katoa was born and raised in the village of Koulo in the Ha'apai group of islands of Tonga, he then moved to New Zealand to take up a scholarship at Tamaki College, Auckland in 2017 playing rugby union. He was then signed by the New Zealand Warriors.

Katoa made his NRL debut in round 1 of the 2020 NRL season for the New Zealand Warriors against Newcastle Knights starting from the bench, in the club's 20–0 loss. He scored his first try in the Warriors' 18–0 win over the St. George Illawarra Dragons in round 3 of the same season. Katoa was one of a few Warriors players who were initially not allowed to travel back to New Zealand during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.

He was released from his Warriors contract in 2022 to join the Melbourne Storm in 2023 on a two year contract.

After impressing during the 2023 NRL preseason challenge, Katoa made his Melbourne Storm debut against the Parramatta Eels in round 1 of the 2023 NRL season, and was presented with his debut jersey (cap 226). He would play his 50th NRL match in round 4 of the 2023 season. Katoa played 21 games for Melbourne in the 2023 NRL season as the club finished third on the table. Katoa played in Melbourne's preliminary final loss against Penrith.

Last edited:
Well, I hoped he would kick on here and become an aggressive big guy for us. I think his physical stats were the reasons I hoped. Being 193cm and 110kg were enough to get me hopeful. He may have been a superstar with us this year running off this year's SJ. But yeah running off Munny and Hewz isn't exactly a poor option.