10.E. Tuimivave
11.A. Guttenbeil
12.W. Koopu
13.S. Faumuina

14.G. Gatis
15.G. Tuakura
16.S. Rapira
17.L. Anderson

there is no room for toopi, luck or ropati this week. Give luck a rest, send ropati to Bartercard and i dont care where toopi goes as long as it isnt to sydney. we need to run with 2 props on the bench IMO especially in prices absence (assuming he gets picked for QLD).
Also how have the warriors been playing in the bartercard i.e. george tuakura, cooper vuna, sonny fai etc

warriors4life_old

1. Webb
2. Vatuvei
3. Martin
4. Mannering
5. Ah Van
6. Faumuina
7. Rovelli
8. Wiki
9. Fien
10. Tuimavave
11. Guttenbeil
12. Koopu
13. Anderson

14. Hohaia
15. Rapira
16. Luck
17. Toopi

Iafeta_old

1 Brent Webb
2 Patrick Ah Van
3 Tony Martin
4 Simon Mannering
5 Manu Vatuvei/Misi Taulapapa (or if still in the bad corner)/Cooper Vuna
6 Nathan Fien
7 Grant Rovelli
8 Ruben Wiki
9 Lance Hohaia
10 Steve Price (c)
11 Wairangi Koopu
12 Awen Guttenbeil
13 Sione Faumuina

Louis Anderson
Michael Luck
George Gatis
Evarn Tuimavave

warriors4life_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Interesting your one, warriors4life.
putting sione there?

Yeah, I think he has the ball handling skills to play there, Fien and Rovelli take care of the kicking game and Faumuina can run the lines and set up players outside him. He's only had a couple of games there this year and while he didn't play well in his first one he was brilliant in the second one.

Esoj_old

yeah that's the line up i would basically go with as well except i would have fien at 9 and hohaia at 6.

hopefully ropati gets cut this week.

Sinbad_old

Wherever Toopi goes give Lancie Poos a ticket to the same place.

Best rid of both of them !

MMMMM(am I stirring or not?)

JonB_old

I think Ropati has conclusivly proved that he is not a Standoff. However I wouldn't replace him with Fein he is great at number 9, that is where he should be.
That leaves Hohia, Brent Webb and Sione. The problem with Brent Webb at standoff is we won't have a Fullback, though I would love to see him there.
For now I choose Lance Hohia he must be close as he was the 18th man today, if Sione only got one game at Standoff he must have defecencies there..
My axe would chop Michael Luck and Clinton Toopi this week, bring in Sam Rapira and shifting Ropati to the bench.

PB_old

1 Brent Webb
2 Cooper Vuna
3 Patrick Ah Van
4 Simon Mannering
5 Misi Taulapapa
6 Tony Martin
7 Grant Rovelli
8 Evarn Tuimavave
9 Nathan Fien
10 Steve Price (c)
11 Ruben Wiki
12 Manu Vatuvei
13 Wairangi Koopu

14 Sione Faumuina
15 Louis Anderson
16 Sonny Fai
17 Sam Rapira

We need to dismantle teams in the first twenty. We lack the nouse to finish off teams when it is close. Tuimavave to start as Webb was looking to run off a prop today and Price is not an instictive offloader - Evarn is. Price is a considered offloader so he makes few mistakes and when he does it's on. Wiki to second row to ensure momentum and allow him to pick his runs. Vatuvei always seems to have hammy issues so he can use his bulk and not stretch out as much. He can still wander out left for high balls. Tony Martin to stand-off. The guy puts in and offers more than Ropati. Should be able to pull off the odd positional kick considering his primary role. Young backline but they have done well to date....might as well keep it going.

Faumuina to bench as he is needed to provide impact. He is always a handful but tries to do too much one-out himself and wrecks momentum. Anderson stays on bench but it's a struck match between him and Guttenbeil. Rapira and Fai on the bench to start becoming regulars.

The tandem dummy-half routine is handy but Fien can play the whole game and the onus should be on Webb, Rovelli and Faumuina to provide it.

Iafeta_old

I'm surprised by the calls to ax Luck.

I thought he was outstanding. Great assist for the Wiki try, and all the over the park the rest of the time.

He's one bloke I wouldn't be even thinking of axing. That was a helluva good performance from him.

Iafeta_old

The other thing, I have a feeling its Origin non selection week, so with that in mind Price will likely be out and Sam Rapira will be on the bench anyhow.

warriors4life_old

Iafeta said:

I thought he was outstanding. Great assist for the Wiki try, and all the over the park the rest of the time.

He's one bloke I wouldn't be even thinking of axing. That was a helluva good performance from him.

Yeah, Luck played well I thought too. He has been surprising this year, I didn't know what to expect from him coming from the Cowboys and only playing about 10 games in the season but he has really stood up.

sebastian_old

I forgot about hohaia as 18th man. Is he back in the "circle"?? Does that mean he was promoted??
Was that meant to have been a warning to jerome?? Lets bloody well hope so.

Skinny_Ravs82

sebastian said:
I forgot about hohaia as 18th man. Is he back in the "circle"?? Does that mean he was promoted??
Was that meant to have been a warning to jerome?? Lets bloody well hope so.

So it should be; to be frank I don't know how he's managed to last this long

commonsense_old

yeh i think you are right about the origin boys. i dont think they are up for selection, so i guess pricey is out of the equation.

time to spice things up....

1. Webb
2. Vuna
3. Martin
4. Mannering
5. Vatuvei
6. Rovelli
7. Hohaia
8. Wiki (c)
9. Fien
10. Tuimivave
11. Anderson
12. Koopu
13. Faumuina

14. Ropati (coming in as a lock - ala halatua for the tigers)
15. Luck
16. Rapira
17. Tuakura

how is sonny fai going?? does his form deserve selection yet?

PB_old

Iafeta said:

Yeah it's a tough one for me but I see Luck, Guttenbeil and Anderson as interchangeable. It's just a matter of who gets in as it is at the stage where only one should be in the team unless injuries or rep duty intervene.

JonB_old

I might be wrong or too harsh but I don't think he offers anything that Sam Rapira doesn't of course that offload was a beaut but other than that I didn't think he was that great.
Common sense no Brent Webb in your team?

warriors4life_old

JonB said:
I might be wrong or too harsh but I don't think he offers anything that Sam Rapira doesn't of course that offload was a beaut but other than that I didn't think he was that great.
Common sense no Brent Webb in your team?

Brent Webb's his fullback, isn't he?

playdaball_old

Polar Bob said:
1 Brent Webb
2 Cooper Vuna
3 Patrick Ah Van
4 Simon Mannering
5 Misi Taulapapa
6 Tony Martin
7 Grant Rovelli
8 Evarn Tuimavave
9 Nathan Fien
10 Steve Price (c)
11 Ruben Wiki
12 Manu Vatuvei
13 Wairangi Koopu

14 Sione Faumuina
15 Louis Anderson
16 Sonny Fai
17 Sam Rapira

polar Bob - Hats off!!!

I suggested Tony Martin at stand off earlier this year and was laughed off this site. He played there in his first game for the Warriors vs. Broncos and looked very capable.

Put him into stand off Ivan!