1. Just a note that the site will be down for a few hours today (18th February). This is due to a migration of the site to another server in preparation for a major upgrade. Some users may not see any downtime at all, really depends on your Internet Service Provider. Apologies for the inconvenience.

General Team To Face The Sbw All Stars

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by Lord Gnome of Howick MBE, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

1) Locke
    2)
    3)
    4) Neilson
    5) Vatuvei
    6) TL
    7) Johnston
    8) Matalino
    9) Mara
    10) Lilliman
    11)
    12) Mannering
    13) Lowery

14) Benry
    15) Ikahihifo
    16)
    17)

2. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

¿N. ig-mah¿ Warriors 1st Grader

I would change bugger all. If they repeat that performance, then I would drop them to local league.

1 Locke
    2 Fish
    3 Konrad
    4 Neilson
    5 Manu (Laumape if Manu unfit)
    6 Godinet
    7 SJ
    8 Sam Raps
    9 Leuluai
    10 Matulino
    11 Mateo (with a lot less minutes)
    12 Mannering
    13 Lowrie

14 Lillyman
    15 Gubb
    16 Ikahihifo
    17 Mara

I would be willing to sub either SJ, Godinet or Leuluai and shift the rest around if the team is as badly off their game as yesterday. If there is a repeat, then Konrad would drop back to the Vulcans and Benry would get his jersey. Seijka would get a star ahead of SJ. Mateo would shift to the bench with a warning that the next step is Vulcans.

3. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Kata Fan Club President

I think the line in the sand needs to be made early. like now. Benry, if fit, gets my centre spot instead of hurrel. defence wins games, wins premierships. which is why I would drop Mateo also. absolutely no urgency in defence.
    I'd have Godinet at 7 controlling things and SJ only gets the ball when Godinet wants him to. I like SJ and what he can do but its the little things he cant do that are worrying me.
    I think Elliot will be seething with some of that effort against the Eels.

4. ShaunJohnson7
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

ShaunJohnson7 1st Grade Fringe

Screw Benry at centre man we all saw how inept he was at the position last year. I agree with Nig, we can't make too many changes after one game, give most of these guys another shot but if they effort is still found wanting in certain individuals then cast them aside. Taylor has to go from hooker though because that is just isn't his position. I would run out with roughly the same team as Nig named.

5. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Hitman82 1st Grade Fringe

6. ShaunJohnson7
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

ShaunJohnson7 1st Grade Fringe

7. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

i like this team, no mateo. Lets Leuluai take greater control but temptedd to leave the 6 and 7 as is atm. Starting to think a call to change captain is required, will wait and see if Simon steps it up this week but his normal abilities to slow the play of the ball by querying everything witht the ref seems blunted with the new rules and if hes not standing up and taking charge then this needs to be addressed. Performance starts at the top, so does responsibility.

8. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

Manu out 3 weeks.

sauce: Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

9. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

ok where do i go to see more on this new kid Laumape? Cause it looks like hes it, unless they do something daft like put Benry on the wing, they wouldnt do that - would they?

10. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

most likely, toupou will go to wing

11. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Def send the jearsey grabber Mateo to the bench- only time he goes any good- big for nothing.
    Def Mara into hooker.
    I'm flip floping on Hurrell and Benry- hurrells got a massive up side but his lateral movement is so poor and I don't know if that can be fixed? It wasn't his reads letting him down- he was just getting burnt on the outside- in the battle of the young monsters, Loko owned him.
    Never liked Benry at centre but u know he brings some solid d.
    Maybe give Hurrell another chance hmm nah, yeah, don't know.
    We are looking real thin in the outside backs again- could do worse than throw guilford a bone.

12. greenie
    Join:
    Feb 26, 2013

greenie NSW Cup Player

How about Peyroux for the wing? Though I think the most likely thing will be Tupou back into the side. Two players who need to be moved are ET at hooker (the difference when Godinet came on was remarkable) and Hurrell got shown up on defence again. Benry would be OK at Centre but Peyroux could be given a go there too if he's up to it.

We really need that go forward at hooker to capitalise on the big props we have making metres (Rapira, Matulion, Lillyman and Ikahihifo last night). In 2011 we had Heremaia and Hohaia sparking go forward and we all know what happened that year. That same year, once we put Mannering and Brown into the centres and got some great D there, the season turned around almost overnight. I'm not suggesting that Mannering should be moved there but someone who can tackle and read the play might be nice on the right edge.

13. OMG
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

OMG Warriors 1st Grader

I didn't think Hurrell was so awful, the inside slide hasn't changed from last year- Mannering is a terrible babysitter,the kids always run amok and stay up late.

Throw that bone at M.Gordon,M.Lichaa,Heighington,Lewis-

14. Rilakkuma
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Rilakkuma 1st Grade Fringe

Do people realise that Johnson and Leuluai are playing left side and right side, not first and second receiver. Changing their numbers won’t change anything as they are both equally in control either side of the field. They made this pretty clear in the preseason.

15. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Hitman82 1st Grade Fringe

Pretty tempting yeah! I re-watched the game and realised a couple of fuck ups I blamed on him were actually Steve Rapira. So maybe Martel stays at the expense of Taylor.

16. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Are they up for grabs?

17. OMG
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

OMG Warriors 1st Grader

Possibly, if the sharks season gets any worse they all have outs in contracts.

18. WellingtonOrca
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2012

WellingtonOrca 1st Grade Fringe

1. Locke
    2. Fish
    3. Ropati or Hurrell, I'm 50/50
    4. Neilson
    5. Tupou
    6. T.L
    7. Seijka
    8. Sam Rapira
    9. Mara
    10. Matulino
    11. Mateo
    12. Mannering
    13. Lowrie

14. Godinet
    15. Henry if fit. Taylor if not.
    16. Lillyman
    17. Ikihifio

I don't think Johnson's 100% fit

19. Danpatmac
    Join:

Danpatmac Guest

20. OMG
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

OMG Warriors 1st Grader

Just found this-The Sharks could be gone and possibly Manly if the rumours are true. Go the Pirates

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Add in Salary cap breach

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.