10. Matulino
11. Brown
12. Mateo
13. Taylor

14. Henry
15. Ta'ai
16. Lousi
17. Rapira

I still can't bring myself to pick Ropati.

Reaction score

Danpatmac

1. Ropati
  2. Tupou
  3. Mannering
  4. Henry
  5. Vatuvei
  6. Maloney
  7. Johnson
  8. Packer
  9. Friend
  10. Matulino
  11. Mateo
  12. Brown
  13. Taylor
  14. Godinet
  15. Rapira
  16. Rapira
  17. Lousi
  18. Lillyman

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Warriors 5th Grader
Reaction score
ropati -> fullback
hurrell and henry -> centres
mateo -> start the game
tai -> vulcans
lousi -> vulcans
hopefully lillyman and rapira are back. i would like to see what steve rapira offers as well, however he prob needs time in the vulcans right now.

can fisiiahi play centre?

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
Geez we've hit dire straits with calls for Ropo to FB. Though not unfounded. Even so, I still think Fish should and will get the job. Ropo (I assume) will be under an injury cloud and despite looking likely in his last outing at the back, I think Fish will get another opportunity to try convince us he's somewhere near NRL standard.

Henry as a certain starter at centre, if Ropo is fit then I'd expect him to slot back in - otherwise I'd definitely be an advocate of Hurrell > Inu. Inu's errors were just unforgivable.

Ta'ai didn't make any errors but again didn't really give us any reason to keep him in the 17. I thought the God showed enough to warrant a spot on the bench as an extra option at dummy half (at the expense of Ta'ai).

What's the word on Lillyman and Steve Rapira, are those inclusions based on hope or are they primed for a return?

Reaction score
22 BEAST

22 BEAST

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Geez we've hit dire straits with calls for Ropo to FB. Though not unfounded. Even so, I still think Fish should and will get the job. Ropo (I assume) will be under an injury cloud and despite looking likely in his last outing at the back, I think Fish will get another opportunity to try convince us he's somewhere near NRL standard.

Henry as a certain starter at centre, if Ropo is fit then I'd expect him to slot back in - otherwise I'd definitely be an advocate of Hurrell > Inu. Inu's errors were just unforgivable.

Ta'ai didn't make any errors but again didn't really give us any reason to keep him in the 17. I thought the God showed enough to warrant a spot on the bench as an extra option at dummy half (at the expense of Ta'ai).

What's the word on Lillyman and Steve Rapira, are those inclusions based on hope or are they primed for a return?

Im becoming a big fan of Benry, watched him alot in the Toyota Cup and he earned my respect there. I didn't rate him as a centre when the season started but he has been the biggest improver this year and should be automatic selection every week.

Reaction score
vvvrulz

vvvrulz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Fish at the back, Benry-Topou on the right (looking like a very strong combo developing here), and Hurrell/Manu on the left. If Inu deserves a second change at all, it needs to be in the centre. Ropati shouldn't be considered unless he's had a few injury-free strong games at the Vulcans.

Reaction score
Dankokoro 2.0

Dankokoro 2.0

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Im becoming a big fan of Benry, watched him alot in the Toyota Cup and he earned my respect there. I didn't rate him as a centre when the season started but he has been the biggest improver this year and should be automatic selection every week.
samesies.. he showed inexperience by not putting tupou away at end of the first half but besides that he's looking better and better each week.. Strong fend. He just needs a bit more speed and he's there i reckon..

or put it this way.. Henry or Inu.. hmmm..

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Can we make Inu look like Brown and ship him off to Penrith and hope they don't notice the difference?

Reaction score
Niccolò Machiavelli

Niccolò Machiavelli

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
As infuriating as Inu's mistakes were he won't be making stupid offloads from kick returns if he's playing at centre so I'd be willing to give him a couple more chances. Ropati's ahead of him after that performance though.

According to McClennan Johnson could be out for the Broncos

"With a stinger, because it's nerves it's really difficult to gauge how quickly that would repair. He could be right for Brisbane, it could take four or five weeks."

The good news is Rusty Package is back to his best and Lillyman supposedly should be available so we should have a decent prop rotation if Bluey uses it properly. Apparantly Rapira was playing injured yesterday and is a doubtful starter for the Broncos.

Playing Ukuma Ta'ai for 15 minutes as an ineffective prop is a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. Not entirely sure what I'd do with the 4th bench spot: either give it to Steve Rapira or Lousi to play some decent minutes or use it to blood some noobs like Inu or Tuimavave.

1. Fish
2. Tupou
3. Benry
4. Ropati
5. Manu
6. Maloney
7. Johnson/Godinet
8. Package
9. Friend
10. The Pope
11. Mateo
12. Manhandler
13. Taylor

14. Brown
15. Lillyman
16. Sam Rapira/Lousi
17. Steve Rapira/Lousi/Inu/Hurrell/Tuimavave/Slaimenkhel

Reaction score
Lego_Man

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Reaction score
Gotta hate those stingers.

I'd go with that team, sans Ropati. Though he will definitely be picked if fit, so im pissing in the wind to oppose him.

Reaction score
Mixmasterreece

Mixmasterreece

Heritage Member
Reaction score
1- Locke (Fisiiahi)
2- Tupou
3- Henry
4- Ropati (Hurrel)
5- Vatuvei
6- Maloney
7- Johnson (Godinet)
8- Packer
9- Friend
10- Matulino
11- Brown
12- Mannering
13- Taylor

Mateo, Rapira, Lillyman, Lousi

Reaction score
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Fullback's a real problem for me - Locke's down, Fish hasn't exactly stood up like we hoped he would, Ropo's got a dicky leg. I've slagged off about Inu's last 10-15 minutes last night, but apart from that he was actually solid enough, so I'm very much 50/50 with him and the Fish for the job. It's a case of:
1) Do we give it to Fish and hope like hell he plays like we know he can?
or
2) Do we give it to Inu and hope like hell he doesn't play like we know he can?

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
Fullback's a real problem for me - Locke's down, Fish hasn't exactly stood up like we hoped he would, Ropo's got a dicky leg. I've slagged off about Inu's last 10-15 minutes last night, but apart from that he was actually solid enough, so I'm very much 50/50 with him and the Fish for the job. It's a case of:
1) Do we give it to Fish and hope like hell he plays like we know he can?
or
2) Do we give it to Inu and hope like hell he doesn't play like we know he can?

I think Fish still being the club's number 2 fullback will get another shot. He traveled with the team to Melbourne and will likely slot in if Kevin isn't right for the Broncs. If Ropo is fit I'd expect Bluey to put him back at centre. I think the only way Inu will survive next week will be if Ropati isn't fit and Bluey really doesn't want to throw Brown or Simon into centre.

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I like MMR's team.

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Inu made mistakes (ok a couple of shockers) however he should still be centre. Guys like Ropati got a few chances.

Reaction score
Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Reaction score
I still rate Fisiiahi as our first choice fullback and Inu as our first choice centre/wing. That one handed error was unforgivable, but would something like that really ever happen again? I don't have too much of a problem with his offload to Tupou, we were down two tries in the final 10 minutes... Other than that I thought he had a solid game. Obviously that's a big "other", but yeah.

Reaction score
insulinboi

insulinboi

U20's Player
Reaction score
After a day of reflection, I have decided that I wouldn't drop Inu. I mean, he played well for 70 minutes, out of position and has been more than solid this season (when picked of course) If Ropo can maintain his spot after a couple of weeks of crap performances, certainly Inu should get another week to redeem himself?

Fish in for Locke, Johnson for Godinet. Thats all.

Reaction score
Viking

Viking

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The one positive from Inu's mistake was that he was really hard on himself, moreso than some of the other boys who have had unforced errors this year. He looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders, you could see he was angry at himself where he would normally brush those mistakes off. I want him to cut the stupid stuff out but I don't want to see him second guessing himself and playing it safe, instinctive play his his greatest asset.

Ropati was crap for two consecutive games and had a big hand in costing us one of them, not unlike Inu, but was completely in denial and didn't seem to be in any danger of being dropped. I'd have liked to see Inu dropped as an example to the rest of the team but that would be inconsistant with how Bluey has treated the other players and he's probably not in a position to drop Inu now anyway. I hope this is the turning point for him like it was for Manu.

Reaction score
vvvrulz

vvvrulz

Waterboy
Reaction score
I still rate Fisiiahi as our first choice fullback and Inu as our first choice centre/wing. That one handed error was unforgivable, but would something like that really ever happen again? I don't have too much of a problem with his offload to Tupou, we were down two tries in the final 10 minutes... Other than that I thought he had a solid game. Obviously that's a big "other", but yeah.
I'd still prefer Inu at the back over the Fish. Before he lost the plot Inu was doing a pretty good job back there, however Fish showed no urgency or defensive technique whatsoever in both of his outings. On attitude alone I'd still back Inu (as weird as that sounds).

Reaction score
Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Reaction score
I wouldn't be disappointed if Inu was selected at the back, he's one of my favourite players and I agree he did a pretty good job there (apart from the error, of course). I can also see where you're coming from with Fisiiahi's attitude, however, I think I've seen enough from Fisiiahi last season (at fullback) and in the Vulcans that warrants him a second chance. Obviously, I haven't seen Inu play fullback quite as much as Fisiiahi, but in the brief stints I've seen of him in the Vulcans (won't comment on last nights game as you can't really tell on TV) he has been even more lax on defense than Fisiiahi.

The reason I would chose Fisiiahi over Inu is his support play - players like Matulino, Rapira and Mateo just beg for support play and Fisiiahi definitely has that over Inu. Inu seems to chill out behind the ruck on attack, following the play, then chooses a side for the back door option later in the tackle count. However, my main gripe with Fisiiahi's last performance wasn't his lax defense but his lax support play. I assumed it would be a given that he would be pushing up like Wade V2 and I was sorely disappointed. I'm not sure whether or not I was just not paying attention, but I could only remember a handful of times he pushed up in support; hence I'd be picking him on the assumption that this was a one off thing and not his prescribed game plan.

So in a round about way, I really don't mind who is fullback, I like both players and they each have their pros and cons.

Top Bottom