General team changes

danpatmac_old

According to the League Fix on facebook there will be an announcement at 3pm today.... hmmmmmm... do we believe TV3 this time?

Jesbass_old

The Broncos match is going to be an emotional affair, because it is (I think) the match that will give Darren Lockyer the record for most appearances, so I'm expecting the stadium to be packed, the crowd to be raucous, and the Broncos to be fired up.

Patu_old

I'd put Inu in over Little Bill. He doesn't really have the same skillset, and don't think he adds anything Inu doesn't? He certainly looks more clumsy, I have no idea what he was trying to do with Jabroni's cross field kick....he almost looked like he was trying to toe it forward on the half volley (despite the fact he was like 1m from the tryline). Thank god for Berrigan's presence.
Reals? I think Bill has been performing really well for us since his inclusion in the side. I think he's a harder worker than Inu, less talent no doubt, but he makes good dummy half runs, is a good finisher (that try Berro scored was just an awful bounce) and is suprisingly very strong in the tackle. A number of times he poked his head through the line.

ToiletDuck_old

I'm not unhappy with Little Bill in the side.

I just like to look at what a player can add to the team that a current one cannot.

I just think Inu is capable of things Bill is not. As a direct example the game against the Storm earlier this year, fairly safe to say without Inu's aerial prowess that game we would have lost (Inu >>>> Bill in the air). The problem is, if Inu had made a clumsy effort at that kick like Bill did, we'd have people saying he was just being his lazy/casual self. Bill looks like Russell Packer attempting to ground a bouncing ball and we all forgive because he tries hard.

I also think Bill is a little Manu like with the turn and chase. Happy enough with him in the side I guess..

danpatmac_old

I'm not unhappy with Little Bill in the side.

I just like to look at what a player can add to the team that a current one cannot.

I just think Inu is capable of things Bill is not. As a direct example the game against the Storm earlier this year, fairly safe to say without Inu's aerial prowess that game we would have lost (Inu >>>> Bill in the air). The problem is, if Inu had made a clumsy effort at that kick like Bill did, we'd have people saying he was just being his lazy/casual self. Bill looks like Russell Packer attempting to ground a bouncing ball and we all forgive because he tries hard.

I also think Bill is a little Manu like with the turn and chase. Happy enough with him in the side I guess..

Inu's best games this year were on the left side, playing in Manu's spot... when he shifted across tot he right wing he was less effective and I also feel Tupou is a left sided player... so essentially our top 3 wingers are all left wingers. Doh!

Tyrael_old

Inu's best games this year were on the left side, playing in Manu's spot... when he shifted across tot he right wing he was less effective and I also feel Tupou is a left sided player... so essentially our top 3 wingers are all left wingers. Doh!

I thought that it was because we didn't know how to past to the right...

a.c.e_old

Dont drop Godinet. This guy, his speed from dummy and direct play, ball playing skills, he brings that up tempo much like Lance and Mateo does. The Warriors lift to another gear.

sebastian_old

Dont drop Godinet. This guy, his speed from dummy and direct play, ball playing skills, he brings that up tempo much like Lance and Mateo does. The Warriors lift to another gear.

Agreed.

I also feel the potential dropping of Godinet is the more important debate. Yet people seem overly concerned over Inu. I havn't seen someone as effective, so direct, as Godinet at the Warriors in a long time.

Spence_old

That's who would be replacing him though, no?

I'm mixed on whether I'd like Hohaia or Godinet at 14. Hohaia has the big game experience heading into the finals, but Godinet has done everything asked of him, and some.

I'd like Hohaia to have at least one game in the Vulcans before returning. I think we are now at the stage that anyone who goes out injured needs to regain their spot, due to the depth we now have.

Last edited by a moderator:

sebastian_old

I'm mixed on whether I'd like Hohaia or Godinet at 14. Hohaia has the big game experience heading into the finals, but Godinet has done everything asked of him, and some.

I'd like Hohaia to have at least one game in the Vulcans before returning. I think we are now at the stage that anyone who goes out injured needs to regain their spot, due to the depth me now have.

Thats how i see it too. A precedent has been set to that for some of the newer players and it must continue, IMO. Todays team must continue the winning team, stays picked. Unless injury, or a drop in form dictates otherwise.

a.c.e_old

My post is rather so and so.

Lance the tried and true vs Godinet the new kid in town. Godinet should get more reps since he'll be here next year vs Lance should be seen out the Warrior that he is.

Really am torn between the two.

Warrioraholic_old

Luck will be hoping Herimud is dropped, his body just cant take anymore of those hospital passes......