General Teachers Pet Podcast - Newtown

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
Yeah I've been giving it a listen.

Can't believe he's not in jail yet.
It's interesting as the Newton Jets / Blue bags have such a interesting history and now have become the hipsters club in Sydney.
I had never heard about this story though and its dark as they come.

So many F'd up parts to this story - the rugby league aspect, the twins, teachers banging students, the police inactivity...

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
I guess I should. Very interesting case.
I was hanging out for each episode.
Rugby League players had influential ties with the Police back then.
Also interesting that Newtown Jets had such a criminal underbelly.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I was hanging out for each episode.
Rugby League players had influential ties with the Police back then.
Also interesting that Newtown Jets had such a criminal underbelly.
My guess is it is a lengthy podcast. I followed one in NZ last year, like you say hard to put down. However in that case I think the insinuations by the journalists were wide of the mark. This one sounds interesting though, as for the NSW Police, no surprises there.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I had a look online. It looks about 8 hours to view the lot. I am sure it is worth it but I just don't have 8 hours of the concentration to follow it.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Listen to bits and pieces at the gym, in the car, gardening etc. You'll finish it in no time...
Don't carry ears, car radio doesn't work, just a dinosaur:(..that bit about this brother being involved and other teachers at the school shagging young girls as well is a worry though.

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
My guess is it is a lengthy podcast. I followed one in NZ last year, like you say hard to put down. However in that case I think the insinuations by the journalists were wide of the mark. This one sounds interesting though, as for the NSW Police, no surprises there.
The David Bain podcast?

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The David Bain podcast?
No. The podcast about the fisherman that went missing in West Auckland and the people who were convicted of his murder.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/10...crime-podcast-investigates-a-notorious-murder

After listening to this I believe the Police got it right, although some of the finer details may have been wrong. Curiously the defence lawyer thinks so as well. The journalists did a good job but I felt emphasised what was inaccurate rather than looking at the overwhelming evidence against the defendants. So I gave up on podcasts after that.

I took your advice about Teachers pet and have tuned in while doing my paperwork. Geez I won't be stopping, what a weird story. Only at episode one and I have the guy guilty already. I am waiting to hear more.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
This one sounds interesting though, as for the NSW Police, no surprises there.
Heyzuss spare me. Here I am criticising the NSW Police and I found this:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/ed...-gisborne-student-and-teacher-found-deficient
Basically a teacher was having an affair with a young student, she ended up committing suicide. He was mates with the Police. Bunch of arseholes and a dead kid. There is absolutely no excuse for a teacher to have sex with a student, none at all. Sure young girls are horny and attracted to powerful males, but they are KIDS, and should be left alone with their fantasies. Rant over.

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
No. The podcast about the fisherman that went missing in West Auckland and the people who were convicted of his murder.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/10...crime-podcast-investigates-a-notorious-murder

After listening to this I believe the Police got it right, although some of the finer details may have been wrong. Curiously the defence lawyer thinks so as well. The journalists did a good job but I felt emphasised what was inaccurate rather than looking at the overwhelming evidence against the defendants. So I gave up on podcasts after that.

I've listened to pretty much all of the Aussie and NZ crime podcasts so far and that fisherman one was so convoluted and hard to follow.

There are some much better ones.

Just started one called The District which seems interesting so far.

Some other good ones :

Black Hands (as mentioned in a post above, the David Bain story)
The Trials of the Vampire
Trace
Chasing Ghosts : Murder in the Sounds
Eight Minutes
Phoebe's Fall
Australian True Crime

The Teacher's Pet is my favourite so far though.

Truth is stranger than fiction after all!

Reactions: bruce and Juju
Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings