General Taulapapa Released !!!!

• Thread starter MiXmasterreece_old
  • Start date

MiXmasterreece_old

VODAFONE WARRIORS TERMINATE MISI TAULAPAPA'S CONTRACT

Vodafone Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah today announced the club had terminated winger Misi Taulapapa’s National Rugby League contract.
Taulapapa (24) was stood down from last Sunday’s clash against Brisbane for a breach of team discipline.
“The matter involved alcohol and it was especially disappointing that it happened just 48 hours before a game,†said Scurrah.
“The situation was made worse by the fact Misi had previously been given three official warnings after similar breaches.
“Behaviour of this type is neither acceptable nor professional and, in the circumstances, we sadly have no choice but to terminate Misi’s contract.
“It’s apparent to us that he has some issues with alcohol. We have offered him assistance previously and we will continue to help him with the problem.
“If he can show he is prepared to help himself, we would look at the possibility of offering him a pathway back into the club in the future.â€Â
After making his first-grade debut against South Sydney last month, Taulapapa had only recently signed a new one-year contract for 2007 with an option for second year in 2008.
“Alcohol is an issue in rugby league and in sport generally and we’re determined to send out a message about it to all of our players. It’s unfortunate to take action as extreme as this but we will do so if the circumstances dictate it,†said Scurrah.
Taulapapa leaves the Vodafone Warriors after playing in five matches this year.

Own3d from the Warriors Website

Tajhay_old

well done warriors management. how many chances do u give players who think they are above the law just because they have cracked the first grade. there is added responsibility, and if they cannot handle that, then they belong elsewhere.

*applaud*

Tajhay_old

p.s surely that means coops is closer to making his debut. hope he gets a run this week. would be good to see him on the wing, ah van at the back and webb at 5/8. will it happen, i doubt it.

MiXmasterreece_old

very sad. He was a sparkling talent.

But obviously an idiot to boot. Pity we will never find out what he really did

Tajhay_old

MiXmasterreece said:
Tajhay said:
fringe players get more than 15k ...

id say 60-80k at the least.

mate it was a joke

i know that :p

got me thinking how much he was possibly on anyway.

how long is fai and rapira signed on for?

surely this means we will see fai,coops or tuakara in action this week?

MiXmasterreece_old

Taking everything into consideration i would imagine the squad will be:

1. Webb
2. Ah Van
3. Koopu
4. Mannering
5. Martin
6. Ropati
7. Rovelli
8. Tuimavave
9. Fein
10. Luck
11. Anderson
12. Guttenbeil
13. SIone

14. Gatis
15. Toopi
16. Rapira
17. God Knows. Maybe it will be mannering with Byrne coming back in to play centre

KeepingTheFaith_old

Byrne is still injured. How far away is Vatuvei? Possibly Ropati moved to the centres with Hohaia/Fien/Sione filling the five eight role? Either that or Koopu will stay there.

teariki_old

Let's put Taulapapa's dismissal into perspective. Craig Gower's rampage last year at a golf resort, where he was drunk and also groped Wayne Pearce's daughter, was alcohol-fueled. Gower was fined and dropped from the captaincy, but he's still playing in the NRL.

Based on the incident above, Taulapapa's alcohol-related incident must have been truly terrible to warrant his dismissal from the club. But if his misdemeanour wasn't as serious as Gower's, then he's been hard done by. We may never know what Taulapapa did to get thrown out.

teariki_old

MiXmasterreece said:
also take into account he has had 3 prior warnings mate

Gower must've had prior warnings too...remember some years back Gower was fined for exposing himself to patrons in a bar.

MiXmasterreece_old

how many warnings do you want to give a guy?

And also just because one club wants to let a player away with bad behaviour doesnt mean we have to. Good on management as far as im conerned.

Also what you fail to take into account is that Gower is Penriths marque player, i couldnt of imagined the old warriors management firing Stacey under similar circumstances.

Misi was a young up and comer and as such is easily expendable when he stepped out of line.

teariki_old

It illustrates that there are probably different levels of tolerance depending on your value to the club. The rules should be the same for every player but we know that isn't so.

MiXmasterreece_old

well maybe, but really thats life. If your expendable keep your bloody nose clean until such a time as you're so valuable to a club that they will give you a 2nd chance, or in Misi's case a 4th chance.

MiXmasterreece_old

Well we dont know what Misi did first of all so theres little point comparing the two right now

Skinny_Ravs82

Whatever it was, it was serious so that's all we know. I think not only should the NRL be taking these situations more seriously and not just giving 'big names' esy let off while others are ripped up. While I know the NRL had it's annual rokie camp earlier in the year I think each of the clubs need something similar done to all players.