Sports Black Caps

Should he be first or second change now or would that negate his one strength being predominantly a swing bowler
It is hard, NZ desperately needs a swing bowler. There is good talent around, but not for replacing Southee's role. I'm really impressed with O'Rourke.

It would be nice if Boult came back.

Scott Stevenson is an absolute embarrassment. He has no feel for the game at al
I have been. I watch most games.
I agree.. I didn’t initially warm to her as her on camera demeanour is grim to say the least! However, her understanding of the mechanical side of cricket is astute.
Watched a you tube clip yesterday with an incredible trio in Goldie, Punter and Stephen Fleming at the NZ golf open, well worth the watch.
I have always been impressed by Punters cricket intelligence, it is generally a step ahead of the play and highlights why he was so successful! Fleming though is next level, his subsequent response to the question around the correlation between the advent of 20/20 and its influence on test cricket is mind blowingly well thought out.
NZ cricket IP via Fleming, Vetorri, Bond is some of the best in the world if not the best? and NZC need to do all they can to enlist each of them.

Last edited:
Watched a you tube clip yesterday with an incredible trio in Goldie, Punter and Stephen Fleming at the NZ golf open.
What a fuckin line up!! I have always been impressed by Punters cricket intelligence, it is generally a step ahead of the play and highlights why he was so successful! So it is not often a cricket giant in Ponting answer’s the question and is made to look uninformed … Fleming’s response to the question around the correlation between the advent of 20/20 and test cricket is articulate, intelligent and on point! NZ cricket IP via Fleming, Vetorri, Bond is some of the best in the world if not the best and NZC need to do all they can to enlust each of them.
I'm hoping Stead is close to finishing up and Fleming is ready to step in.

I'm hoping Stead is close to finishing up and Fleming is ready to step in.
It would be interesting to see the monetary value of Stead's contract against Fleming's IPL coaching contract.

Like a lot of things financial, NZC is up against it to retain our best coaches. I'm sure we'd all like to work a few months a year, and live a very comfortable leisurely life in the others, which is what franchise cricket brings. Bond has gone this route. On top of that the big teams can offer the likes of McCullum and Vettori big money to lure them away.

My guess is that Stead would be replaced by another domestic coach looking for an opportunity ala Hesson/Stead.

Back