Results from the weekend.

Magpies defeated Newtown in QF1
Balmain defeated Brothers in QF2
Indigenous defeated Cook Islands in QF3
Tonga defeated Fiji in QF4

Indigenous defeated Magpies in Semi 1
Balmain defeated Tonga in Semi 2

Indigenous defeated Balmain in Final

There were 16 teams in total, theses were the top 8 in the cup round. Indigenous had players like Andrew Walker and David Peachey and were a class above the rest. Half the teams were international and the other half Jim Beam or NSW cup sides.

Well done Tongan Knights to make the semis in their debut year. Some good young Bay players in that team, hopefully they'll bring that form back to the Fox grading rounds.

Northern_Union

The international teams, were they Australian domestic international teams or true international teams?

Viking_old

The international teams, were they Australian domestic international teams or true international teams?

I was wrong, there were only 6 'international' sides as one of the TBA turned out to be NZ Maori. That's out of 23 or 24 teams. I think Fiji and Japan were true international sides, the NZ Maori and Tonga are NZ based and I expect the Cooks and Nuie team are from Australia or NZ too. The Tongans were actually listed as NZ Tonga so there's no misrepresentation there, I just know them as the Tongan Knights locally.

Do you remember when the Warriors put a team in to a similar pre-season 9s tournament with the other NRL clubs? Was that a one-off?

POOL A
Windsor
Campbelltown
TBA
Sth Syd Rebels

POOL B
Cabramatta (1)
Wentworthville
Balmain
West Syd Magpies

POOL C
Mounties