Same team list

• Yes

Votes: 94 91.3%
  • No - need changes

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is NZW2023 the non ticketed code for pre sale? Flying from Sydney to brissy for the game but want to get tickets to the game before flights are booked

They have strike out wide and all over the park really.......but the game will be won or lost in the middle.

Haas and Carrigan simple as that.......need to stand up to them, or even get over them.......easier said than done they've been outstanding.

Surprisingly for a team that makes a lot of errors they're still running 2nd in the possession stakes.......they'll offer up an error or 3 tho, will need to make the most of it when they do.

Monumental task going over their next week and how Webby gets them up after the emotional high from last nite will be key.
reckon we'll be good - up for it anyway - last night's game was intense but not hard, eg we almost didn't have to defend for the first 15 at all, and then the last 10 was playing out time... you're right tho, as is the well worn truism, will be won in the middle

Yep exactly. People spend so much time analysing edges, but games are almost always won and lost in the middle.

Knights had an Origin centre, Superstar FB, and the speed and power of Young/Marzhew.

Yet they all looked ordinary because their forwards got smoked. No platform on attack, always on the backfoot on D.

If Haas, Flegler, Carrigan dominate the middle, our backs will look like reserve graders.

If AFB, Barney, Tohu and the baldies can dominate, SJ will own the game and our backs will be fine.
Great summary.
Footy games in all codes are won up the front. Nothing has changed in a long long time

A couple of points which we should be excited for.
- big Warriors support in Brisbane, that will really piss the Broncos off.
- our edges looked much better which is going to be so important next week.
- SJ was actually moving much better than he was with his quad in those last few weeks which really slowed our attack.
- Broncos will give us plenty of errors (unless they go into their shell). We must make them pay like last night.

It's a good matchup for us I feel.

My main worry is Broncos have real strike.

I think sticking one on Walsh early someway is key. He's a hothead and I'm sure winding him up early is going to be a ploy.

I do have an issue with the current strategy of having both AFB and Barnett off the park at the same time.

Newcastle wrestled the ascendancy quite easily. The Broncos on top will be much more likely to convert to points.

Oh man, GF qualifier, WTF!!!! Only the 5th time ever, still can't really comprehend it.
What previous years have we been to the preliminary finals ?

I noticed all our tries came from Knights mistakes, turnovers or 6 again.

Likewise they scored off a knock on from Montoya on the high ball. The second try was hail mary forward pass.

Penrith gave us absolutely nothing in terms of repeat sets the week before. They literally suffocated us into errrors.

Hopefully theres some rust in the broncos team - if they come out clunky and disjointed there's a chance.

If they bring their A game - i think they will be too much for us to handle

But they have players capable of errors so theres hope...

No idea how Webby and the team are gonnna get the boys amped up again for this Broncos game. Last night felt like the GF.

I'm still high... :ROFLMAO:

Hope we beat these c***s next week. They are so up themselves from what I’ve read on their forum.
51455CCE-9D8B-45CC-B7FD-08C640E2F9E8.png

It’s time to talk team list and whether we can beat the broncos to make the 2023 GF (woohoo!)

They have exceeded all expectations now, so I’m not sure where their head space is at, and how badly they want to win this…

Either way, hopefully people now realise the importance of sticking to the same squad that got us where we are today, so no changes in the team list required imo.

Broncos could be rusty. A lot of their players have only played one game in the last four weeks. We were pressed hard last week against Penrith and tonight’s game will have given us alot of confidence. If we can start strong and stay competitive in the first half then I give us a real chance to pull off a huge upset.

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Nikoure
12. Ford
13. Harris

14. Walker
15. Jazz
16. Curran
17. Walker Sironen

18. Tuapiki
Bro when the official team list is announced can you edit this post with the team list added?
It would be really cool to see the list at the top of the page.

Hope we beat these c***s next week. They are so up themselves from what I’ve read on their forum.View attachment 775
This needs to be pasted on the wall of the boys locker room/gym/toilet/fucking anywhere else they frequently walk past. If this doesn't fire them up nothing will. Shit it's made me want to chuck the jersey on, try to get into the game day 17 and run through a brick wall and I have never even played this sport 😤😤

Hope we beat these c***s next week. They are so up themselves from what I’ve read on their forum.View attachment 775
I had a gander over there and elsewhere too….. there’s way worse been said and I don’t expect anything less from a penal colony like Australia, seems all their all their self worth and life purpose comes from who supports “the better team” and talking tough behind a screen….feel pretty sorry for those inbred trolls masquerading as fans that no matter how hard they try they just can’t stay in their own lane. But important to note they’re not all like that. Pay them no mind……but if you catch one slipping, clip ‘em around the ears. The loudest and most obnoxious are always the biggest pussies.

Having lived in Brisbane I can confirm their fans are insufferable. Hence why I have been pumped to come up against them in finals. Glad I don't have to sit next to them in the GF haha
Got some tickets for a Warriors Broncos game from Bellamy quite a few years ago when he was assistant to WB.
He told us you Kiwis are sitting amongst the Broncos fans so STF up.
We were winning and making a bit of noise with excitement and the piss.
My mate said with a few minutes to go.
Let's fuck off before these guys turn on us so we left 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back