International Pacific Championship

They turned things around big time from last week.

Used the power in the middle a lot better this week. The important thing though is they got the go forward and then played with some structure off that to score points. Last week they got 18 points but the way they went about it was like an under 17s team, bash our way over or play fast. This week they bashed the middle than played out to their edges with some good plays.

Also kept them to 0 which was impressive.

Seems they thought it was going to be a walk in the park after last week but the Kiwis have turned up a different side this week
Revenge is sweet, I am so happy - Madge is the man. Everything went our way, dam oz players getting stroppy in their tackles, really hate munster bit of a grub, go da kiwi's, can't wait for the next test!!!

On the crowd. Its a bit weird how the season gets pushed out later and later. The internationals used to finish in October, now we are into November. The weather is better for going to the footy as its like in the early season where you can go in a t shirt and shorts compared to winter where everyone is in big jackets. It ends up a long season.

Someone asked earlier in the week about going down there and what parking is like. I was thinking it would be good to take my boys down. At that point I was thinking it was a 7:30pm game. 5pm would have been manageable but I finally got to painting the bathroom ceiling and skirting boards. A job I've been putting off. To put it off I've pained the fence, the gate, the new retaining walls, the toilet, the kitchen and stained the deck.

After seeing the crowd I was thinking I should have painted quicker. Could have got some good seat on half way. Parking didn't look like an issue when the did high shots after kicks or conversions there looked like parking pretty much outside the stadium.

It looked like the other grandstand was pretty full. Should have done the old pro wrestling trick and put everyone on the TV facing side and announced it as a sell out.

Fark yeah!!
Been at the races on the punt all day- was planning to come home and watch the replay but one of the Aussie boys brought his iPad special for the occasions and sat it on the table for all to see :ROFLMAO: It was the greatest thing ever! Those karnts were so confident- even at halftime but it kept getting worse and worse (or better and better depending on who you’re supporting)
So pumped- kiwis are my number one team- much like sup42 congratulations brother- soak it up.
I wish all nz eligible players would get on the bus- Aussies picking on reputation’s and got ktfo 👊
Up the kiwis- so stoked 🙌
Now to watch the replay 😈

It looked like the other grandstand was pretty full. Should have done the old pro wrestling trick and put everyone on the TV facing side and announced it as a sell out.
The two stands on the end and the one not shown on TV (which you mentioned) both actually had fairly good numbers - I was in the big one and it was a really good atmosphere.

Grim looking over at the near empty one opposite though. NZRL must be realising they made a booboo with their pricing.

I was wondering... Did anyone make up a ki-WAHs sign?? Get on the gravy train!! How great is it for our sport!!

Was at the game.

Was a real die hard league crowd. People involved in the local rugby league scene everywhere.

Atmosphere was actually really good, admittedly ooks shit on TV because hard cam shoots away from Brian Perry stand.

Really noticeable at the Warriors v Tigers game here this year how casual a lot of that crowd is, just there to be at a big event and get pissed.

I'd note Kiwis vs Kangaroos at Mt Smart in 2018 only drew 12,700 so this crowd was actually bigger.

The rise of Samoa and Tonga has split our South Auckland core supoorter base, so Mt Smart is no magic bullet for Kiwi attendances.

If the next Kiwi v Roos game does get a big attendance it'll be on the back of this performance, just reading through this thread I can see a lot wouldn't have bothered to show up if it was in Auckland anyway and this a rugby league forum.

What a great game that was. Pity really, that performance deserved a packed out stadium. Kudos to the hearty that turned up but if that was Samoa or Tonga playing they wouldve filled that place......the general apathy for Kiwi international League is indicative of a split supporter base and the self interest of the powers that run this game - namely the NRL and the amatuer hour NZRL.

Im a country over club man and that performance from the Kiwis was night and day better than last week. Maybe they simply werent showing their hand last week but probably as we know historically the Kiwis get better in a tournament format as it progresses, they really hit their straps last night and man it was great seeing for once the Aussies not having any answers.

Tapine was massive, Nicol Klockstad great, the halves gelled this week and geez the timing on their shifts which looked all at sea last week was like clockwork. Shout out to Timoko who impressed me like hell watching the Canberra games this year but damn he's strong. Hate Mulitalo when he's giving lip at the Sharks but god it was great seeing him wind up the Aussies.

As for the Aussies (and make no mistake those are quality fucking League players in that side) they really had nothing, cant remember the last time ive seen an Australian team just not fire any shots.......such was our dominance.......loved every minute of it.

Back