Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You have zero credibility until you know what the lives you are so theoretical about are really like.

If I need to see a doctor I have to go forty eight hours without food to afford the appointment. I do this often.

If I lose my accommodation stay out of my way and the hundreds of thousands like me because if you open your bullshit mouth with your entitled theories around people like me you will be beaten to death in the coming suffering.

I paid taxes off a one forty K plus income for thirty years,
I am facing an existential fight for survival. The night the cocksuckers u voted in took over I and mine started a life of fear, real fear, the kind that makes people desperate enough to go to extreme lengths to survive, you probably should move your kids to a gated community now before people like me who have never broken laws are driven to commit violence for food.

Happy New.....New Zealand you dumb kunts.
You know nothing mate.

I grew up with nothing. My parents raided my pocket money to pay for food. I had one set of clothes. Your assumptions are astounding.

You have been stirred up by the media. National will bring inflation under control, supply more housing and increase benefits in line with inflation. It’s the last party that got everything out of whack and caused the inflation and housing issues that you are now experiencing.

You know nothing mate.

I grew up with nothing. My parents raided my pocket money to pay for food. I had one set of clothes. Your assumptions are astounding.

You have been stirred up by the media. National will bring inflation under control, supply more housing and increase benefits in line with inflation. It’s the last party that got everything out of whack and caused the inflation and housing issues that you are now experiencing.
If that's true, he's obviously in distress. Can you afford to buy him a house and rent it to him at a rate he can afford out of love for your fellow Warriors brother after all he's done for this country in the mental health sphere?

You know nothing mate.

More housing built than what though, one more house built is moore housing - what's the target?? The coalition want sprawl, have kicked the MDRS to the curb. Greenfields is the most expensive way to do it. You're dreammmming.

More housing built than what though, one more house built is moore housing - what's the target?? The coalition want sprawl, have kicked the MDRS to the curb. Greenfields is the most expensive way to do it. You're dreammmming.
As I said, everything’s out of whack and it all comes back to our efficiency and productivity.

Our rail loop costing the most in the world and taking the longest time shows we have huge problems that are crippling us. Imagine trying to build hospitals, infrastructure or state housing with that inefficiency. We have to either bankrupt ourselves or not provide enough (lowering of standards) trying to cater to our current immigration.

I don’t have the solutions. We’re seeing our society go backwards as we can’t afford to provide what we need for ourselves.

As I said, everything’s out of whack and it all comes back to our efficiency and productivity.

Our rail loop costing the most in the world and taking the longest time shows we have huge problems that are crippling us. Imagine trying to build hospitals, infrastructure or state housing with that inefficiency. We have to either bankrupt ourselves or not provide enough (lowering of standards) trying to cater to our current immigration.

I don’t have the solutions. We’re seeing our society go backwards as we can’t afford to provide what we need for ourselves.
No targets, just more bullshit.

1. Country was wealthiest when we were exporting meat to the UK after WW2. Since then our GDP has declined and we can't afford the first world lifestyles we aspire to.

2. 0.001% of people are hoarding an obscene amount of global wealth, and growing.

I've got no answers either, maybe we'll end up living like rural Russian peasants until the revolution.

Cry me a river about your problems white man, you get what you want because of your skin, here I am left to die quietly so one of your people can take my place on the waiting list, I fucking hate your racist country
As I’ve said many times mate I ain’t white.

As I said above my descendants were slaves on a plantation 150 years ago.

You’re obviously very upset about your situation so I won’t go into it anymore with you. Needless to say I am sorry for your situation and wish you well.

There has been many posts being reported on this thread. Reading through some of the comments, just note this this section is not a free for all, and still adheres to basic forum rules of no personal insults, no threatening behaviour etc. If you dont want to adhere to these rules, dont post in here.

That said, im ready to fire off the ban hammer for anyone who tests these rules. And to make it that lil bit more interesting, the thread ban will surpass the start of the season.

No warnings to be provided. Expectation is that everyone is able to act like a civil mature adult i.e. dont be a dipstick.

So you believe the state should supply all houses?

I believe in win/ win situations. It can be both - efficient allocation of resources through capitalism while also fulfilling everyone’s need.

Everyone deserves a house, but if we’re unproductive (eg rules that promote vacancy), don’t complain when rents skyrocket because the settings are lopsided 🤷‍♂️

Every action has a reaction.
A bit like you trying to troll people most of the time.

Classic reaction - any whiff of a counterpoint and it's COMMIE!!!!

I believe in fair pricing for housing and supporting living wages that allow people to buy houses that are priced within a 4:1 median income ratio.

So y'know, people can bootstrap themselves up (you should love that) based on a level playing field (that's out of your playbook too, win/win!!)

Greenfields is the most expensive way to do it. You're dreammmming.
This is interesting.

Intensive housing has more expensive land, build cost and infrastructure upgrades - unless you don’t provide the infrastructure upgrades and just tack onto the existing (defer the real cost down the line). It’s also a lot more complex with consenting and land availability.

But greenfield are environmentally worse and harder to gain efficiencies (eg mass transit).

Greenfield is definitely cheaper square meter for square meter. Infill seems cheaper by reducing the land and building sizes.

I’ve always said there’s a place for govt and private combined around high rise intensive nodes at transport hub. Look at Albany - it could have been a mini high rise city built around the bus station there with vision,

A bit like you trying to troll people most of the time.

Classic reaction - any whiff of a counterpoint and it's COMMIE!!!!

I believe in fair pricing for housing and supporting living wages that allow people to buy houses that are priced within a 4:1 median income ratio.

So y'know, people can bootstrap themselves up (you should love that) based on a level playing field (that's out of your playbook too, win/win!!)
Lets have a look at what you suggest, houses at 4.1 median income ratio.
A cheap section, small 200sqm ish in South or West Auckland is $500k, if you can find one.
A 100sqm two story house is $3000 per sqm.
Ancillary work, driveways, fencing etc, $30k
That is $830k, without leaving any profit for the developer and nobody does this for nothing.
Median income, say $70k pa.
On your proposal, that house should be $280k. Who pays the other $550k of actual costs?

Back