Status
Not open for further replies.
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Fuck [Definition of Fuck at Dictionary.com]

fuck [ fuhk ] / fʌk / Vulgar.

SEE SYNONYMS FOR fuck ON THESAURUS.COM

USAGE ALERT ABOUT FUCK

For many people, the word fuck is extremely vulgar, considered improper and taboo in all of its senses.

Even so, various forms of the word, primarily in its non-literal, slang senses, have increasingly crept into casual use, not only as spontaneous expletives of shock, horror, or anger, but also as verbal tics and common intensifiers, mere indices of annoyance or impatience or even pleasant surprise: Where are my fucking keys? What the fuck is taking so long? This is fucking awesome! Nevertheless, the term is best avoided altogether in “polite company.” The mass broadcast media have actually been forced by the threat of punitive fines to block audiences from hearing it, either by banning its use entirely or by bleeping all or part of the sound—if only by blocking out nothing more than the vowel sound in the middle.

Although its first known occurrence in writing dates from the late 1400s (disguised in a cipher at that), the word fuck was undoubtedly heard long before that, and it remains primarily a creature of the spoken language. Well into the 20th century, it was generally regarded as “unprintable,” and forms like f*** or f--k or some spelling distortion like frack or frig or fork or fug were typically substituted for it in writing. In speech, creative euphemisms abound, some born with each new generation. We now have eff and effing as well as f-word and f-bomb, all of which allow us to discuss the term without resorting to its actual use.

verb (used with object)

to have sexual intercourse with.

Slang. to treat unfairly or harshly.

verb (used without object)

to have sexual intercourse.

Slang. to meddle (usually followed by around or with)
interjection

Slang. (used to express anger, disgust, peremptory rejection, etc., often followed by a pronoun, as you or it.)

historical

Fact. The New Zealand Warriors are about to get completely and properly thoroughly fucked by Melbourne Storm tonight at Jubilee Stadium in Sydney.
What's the facts about the C word
Because while Cam Smith is my favourite player of all time
An I think of him as a good C
When he playes against us I think of him as a F ing C

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

the borg

Logic says Storm will flog us...heart says no they won't..

These boys are playing for their careers now. Now's the time more than ever under all sorts of dilemmas to see who the real premiership players are. And i recogn all the coaching candidates will be focusing on the next few games, mentally sorting out who to keep and who to toss out if given the job.

Having said all that, I hope they play well, cause the Storm will sort out whos up to it or not...
LET'S GONE worryerz

Reactions: 8 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

that is a sad state of affairs when we have been historically known for Jungle Ball and probably where Kearney has gone wrong.

It was quite interesting reading about the Walker brothers theories.

"Ben notes their two-year study of completion rates showed that teams who were good at completing were often bad at scoring tries."

Anyone wonder why the Ipswich club isn't a feeder club to any NRL club? tHe Knights only use them for their Queensland based players until they're worthy of Canterbury Cup play.

They sound like Ackland - great records and theories but perhaps best left at the level they're at.

We are also historically known for not making the finals.

Cameron Smith is the world's second biggest C. And we both know why that is, right :p

Reactions: 3 users
Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
I'm actually looking forward to the game.
We will probably get blown off the park but very keen to see how we play before disintegrating.
Will we change tact away from emphasis on high completion rates.
More offloads/second phase?
Like most on here - would love for us to start using Roger Tuivasa-Sheck properly, more like the roosters use Tedesco.
It's been less than a week since SK's sacking, so I know it's unrealistic to expect too many changes - but I can hope to see a new game plan start to emerge.

bangbros18

bangbros18

Apologises to the mods if this isn’t the right place to post. Fox sports are claiming that Passi,Maumalo and Pulu are asking P V”Landry to lobby the Federal Govt to allow their families into Australia because they’re missing them. I’m not passing judgement,just reporting the article
I would first just send pulu home as he has no part to play it seems in this team?

Reactions: 2 users
Lance155

Lance155

Started drinkin at midday here in Aus to get me through tonight. Let's see what happens!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Weno

Weno

Could be one for Wrighty.

• Haha
bangbros18

bangbros18

I've just heard a good interview with Todd Payten, he actually speaks English!!!! Warriors by 6!

• Haha
DavidMcKay1974

DavidMcKay1974

Its been 2 years since I've been on here as much as I used to be, before I decided to take 2 years away. So here are my thoughts.

My heart says Warriors to give it a good crack.

My head says we'll be in the match as long as possible, might even be the whole first half before Storm runs riot.

I hope not. But lets see how it goes.

Man this place is addictive.

Reactions: 6 users
bangbros18

bangbros18

Just looked at the tab odds, last week warriors were $6 H2H against the bunnies, now they are $5.90 against storm! Kearneys sacking has shortened us by 10 cents!!🤣

• Haha
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
My pick is that they will play with pride, but come out of the blocks slow. 18-0 to Storm after 18 minutes and then an even game for the next 45.

Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
I honestly don't understand how a supporter can wait to see a result and watch a replay. I clear 80 minutes every weekend to ensure I watch it live no matter what. My wife, friends family know I am always unavailable during the game
Same, unfortunately....

Reactions: 1 user
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Reports out that Stacey Jones having more of a say in our attack in the wake of Kearney leaving. Would love to know why that wasnt always the case since he was a champion half for the Warriors/NZ and is surrounded by other coaches who have all played in the forwards. Was his role to simply put out the cones at training before or something?

I hope Payten goes well in his first outing as NRL coach.

No expectation. Suspect it will be another 13+ to the opposition, but atleast this game gives a good insight on which players to not resign based on how they turn out this week. Need to get rid of the mentally weak. Athleticism will only get you so far. You need to have heart and brains too. Of particular interest is how the leadership group go. If they dont show heart, dont expect the others to follow suit. If they really give a shit about Kearney, play like he meant something.

Reactions: 9 users

Billy Teets James

My pick is that they will play with pride, but come out of the blocks slow. 18-0 to Storm after 18 minutes and then an even game for the next 45.
I think the opposite will happen. They'll come out committed in dee and run hard. They'll have a few scoring oppurtunites but come up short. 10 minutes before halftime the storm will score a couple in quick succession. Then carry on with it after half time and score a few more tries. But we show way more heart & attitudes are better despite the scoreline.

zaggo

zaggo

I think I'll consider it a win if I see someone hit the line at pace, free up an arm and throw an offload to a support runner who is also at pace - pretty sad indictment on the state of SKs team when even that was out of reach most of the time.

Can't believe Roger Tuivasa-Sheck hasn't scored this season - someone for the love of god hit him around the ruck!

Reactions: 7 users

enterthewarrior

Im hoping for a Warriors win but unfortunately I think the Storm will be too good for us.

Makasene

Makasene

It will be huge to have Ken back and I expect him to score a magical try to really lift us

Storm 40 - 6 Warriors

• Haha
  • Love
Status
Not open for further replies.