Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disappointing to see.

Told him the truth
Inruin blocked me too.

I ublocked Wiz after I realised nothing he says is to be taken seriously so I don't get het up about his trolling because he gets off on it.

As for the embarrassing look for Science NZ, it is to be expected.

When a country elects backward tin pot industrialists and fundamental Christian leaders, hate speech mongers, it deserves the reputation of a banana republic.

On the bright side, there are a lot of simple people with simple drives and outlooks on life, on other peoples lives, and for them this selfish Reich is comforting.

At least they get their four years before the silent majority say fk off enough is enough.

Inruin blocked me too.

I ublocked Wiz after I realised nothing he says is to be taken seriously so I don't get het up about his trolling because he gets off on it.

As for the embarrassing look for Science NZ, it is to be expected.

When a country elects backward tin pot industrialists and fundamental Christian leaders, hate speech mongers, it deserves the reputation of a banana republic.

On the bright side, there are a lot of simple people with simple drives and outlooks on life, on other peoples lives, and for them this selfish Reich is comforting.

At least they get their four years before the silent majority say fk off enough is enough.
I am over the loud mouthed posters

Funny thing is they eventually move on.
Think about it. 😃 😀

Personally, I want to wait and see what the reviews the new government is undertaking and then see what changes they want before I break out the pitchforks. The simple fact is, each new government reviews what the previous government has done and looks at what they think needs changing to suit the direction they want to take the country. This government's problem is that it's made far too much of the changes it wants know in the coalition agreements they're issued.... Ardern didn't in 2017 and it wasn't until much later that we learned NZ First weren't going to support things like the Auckland Light Rail Project.

In terms of housing, I personally think it's a real backwards step reintroducing 90-day termination for tenants. While Labour went too far, this move is swinging the pendulum too far back the other way.

I think National shouldn't have bent over and allowed the overseas buyers ban to continue but "modified" it in a way to allow new immigrants in jobs/professions we desperately need as a country to purchase properties instead of waiting as far into the immigration applications as they currently do.

Changing the brightline rules for 10 years back to two is going too far and will allow speculators a loophole to avoid paying tax on properties they've brought with the intention of flipping....IMO, five years was a better option.

Act's policy for a "Pet Bond" is just plain stupid.

Interesting that a lot of people who vigorously defended the claiming of mortgage interest on rental properties saying it "wasn't a new tax" are now attacking the removal of it as a "tax cut". If it was never a new tax, how come allowing the ability to claim a business expense is now a "tax cut"?

Last edited:
Act's policy for a "Pet Bond" is just plain stupid.
I actually thought this wasn't a bad idea to help tenants with cats or dogs who're locked out of the rental market. Although Winz might be paying the bond in many cases, so the counter is if you can't afford a pet, get rid of it.

Hickey's proposal for phasing out the accommodation supplement is interesting, has major implications for most landlords and potential to crash the market as so many tenants are dependant on it.

In terms of housing, I personally think it's a real backwards step reintroducing 90-day termination for tenants. While Labour went too far, this move is swinging the pendulum too far back the other way.
I’ve twice given 90 days notice, once to sell and once to remove the house. Both times the tenants gave 28 days notice a week later and I’m stuck with no tenant for 2 months as my planning is around the 90 days.

It should be even. 90 days is way to long but 28 days is too short.

I’ve twice given 90 days notice, once to sell and once to remove the house. Both times the tenants gave 28 days notice a week later and I’m stuck with no tenant for 2 months as my planning is around the 90 days.

It should be even. 90 days is way to long but 28 days is too short.
45 days then? If you're evicting and your tenant is lucky enough to find another rental immediately what should they do, pay two rents to help you out?

If they scrap the accommodation supplement suicides will sky rocket because the vast majority of people who rely on govt help to have a roof over their heads would rather die than try to live on the streets.

That cull of the poor is great of course for people like Inruin and WIz, killing poor people is the final and beautiful solution for Inruin and Wiz because their taxes will reflect the gains from killing thousands.

I am medically retired, if my choice is no home, I know I will not hang around.
Presumably it would reset the market as rents would need to drop drastically. But in the meantime, yeah, carnage.

45 days then? If you're evicting and your tenant is lucky enough to find another rental immediately what should they do, pay two rents to help you out?
I don’t blame the tenant. They are going to look as soon as they get notice. It’s just excessive - 45 days would be perfect. Its 110% for the renters benefit without any thought for the actual practicalities and flow on effects.

I don’t think anyone would ever need 90 days to find a new house if the rental market was working properly and houses were available. But that’s another issue 🤣

So you rent do you?

No?

Talking through the same hole in your arse again eh ignorant entitled shallow mind.
Wiz is a self described 'socially liberal, fiscal conservative'. So he's all for gay marriage, but is equally okay with mass poverty.

If they scrap the accommodation supplement suicides will sky rocket because the vast majority of people who rely on govt help to have a roof over their heads would rather die than try to live on the streets.

That cull of the poor is great of course for people like Inruin and WIz, killing poor people is the final and beautiful solution for Inruin and Wiz because their taxes will reflect the gains from killing thousands.

I am medically retired, if my choice is no home, I know I will not hang around.
My solution is to have everyone that works earning enough to survive without govt support. But there are currently so many issue preventing that.

The accomodation supplement has distorted things and allowed rents to skyrocket and like a drug it does damage but you can’t just withdraw it.

Housing should be provided by the state for those that cant afford or get private accomodation. But again that’s screwed up because the demand has skyrocketed and the system has failed due to overloading. The solution is to build more but we can’t endlessly provide for to many people.

It all goes back to the fundamentals being wrong, our society being overall to poor and our costs being to high. Our productivity to low and our population growth exceeding our GDP growth.

On your weird thoughts about my hating the poor or hating Maori. My relatives were slaves working on a plantation when the treaty was signed. I know hardship. I have helped more people with life changing help than you could ever know. Quite me where I have ever said anything bad about poor people?

I have a different world view on dependancy on the state. I see it as a valuable part of society but one that traps people if it becomes overly relied on - like a drug again. I am very socially left but economically right.

Tough shit really mate. Housing shouldn't be a business, it's a need.
So you believe the state should supply all houses?

I believe in win/ win situations. It can be both - efficient allocation of resources through capitalism while also fulfilling everyone’s need.

Everyone deserves a house, but if we’re unproductive (eg rules that promote vacancy), don’t complain when rents skyrocket because the settings are lopsided 🤷‍♂️

Every action has a reaction.

I can't quite grasp where you separate society from economics into left and right. Sounds like rigid thinking, like Marx's invention of the separation of capital and humans.
Simple. The economy is based around efficiency and productivity and use the wealth generated to support society through health, education, social support, etc. You will generate a higher tax take. Like Sweden with its oil wealth, or Australia with its resources.

The hard left set the economy and National income at a lower rate and there is less to support society as our last government found out.

The hard right promote the economy without taxing enough to support society adequately.

Simple. The economy is based around efficiency and productivity and use the wealth generated to support society through health, education, social support, etc. You will generate a higher tax take. Like Sweden with its oil wealth, or Australia with its resources.

The hard left set the economy and National income at a lower rate and there is less to support society as our last government found out.

The hard right promote the economy without taxing enough to support society adequately.
I get that and agree except where you call our parties hard left and right, they're both neolib on global scales.

Back