Post Match 2023 Penrith vs Warriors - Week 1 Finals (Post Match)

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Taking out Johnson caused a lot of changes. Even though it was just a matter of slotting Walker into the halves.

We lost Walker off the bench which has helped turn things around when he comes on. He also gives us a playmaker through the middle.

Also lost our main organiser and kicker.

TMM showed he could take on a bit more kicking but he's way off being the main kicker.

It also meant our kicking was heading to the left hand side instead of the right. Most of the year we have had Berry and DWZ leading the kick chase. Instead we were kicking down the other side which would be good to build up as for some variety.

Next year we will likely have RTS on that side who has mentioned leading the kick chase.

The Pompey Montoya combo is far too slow. Manly showed other teams that weakness when Saab and Koula schooled that edge, Charnze isn’t that fast for a fullback either. Every Penrith back was faster than the warriors player he was up against.

Penrith get away with everything on defense. It’s like refs are afraid to penalise them.
To be honest I see RTS taking this spot next year with Ali edging Berry on the other side. Wasn't that sold on Ali after just one FG game but after watching the cup game today he has the goods.

Could call out a bunch of players but proud we got to the top 4 albeit on the back of a soft draw.
Good for our players to experience some finals Even if we win next week I don't want to see us make the grand final and get smashed again especially if key players are out.

The epic game I want to see is penrith vs brisbane
I hear where you're coming from but beating Brisbane to make the grand final would be epic.

Just my opinion and what I’ve seen…not knocking these players as they have contributed with outstanding efforts throughout this season. But as a center I’ve noticed our centers shy/handbrake in kick returns. I know the bros Jagged n Wiz love Berry and his distribution and defense has been solid but that’s not all we centers do. It’s back 5 not back 3 and a half. It’s not a experience thing it’s a help your brothers thing. #Zero handbrakes

Klokstad- man of steel display
Berry- how this rugby imitator try's to be a league ctr-keeps getting caught short
Curran- what's up with the short game time?

Why keep doing the bomb if we dont compete for it, was hoping for just grubber it out ,get a breather and reset

we really did not look good in the redzone for scoring....that's the last 6 games we have been just alright compared to the beginning of the year displays

Huge decision on nxt weeks team if its Newcastle....their backline will be aiming for Pompey and Berry to let them through....HUGE Friday nite coming upi

A bit of a lesson today.

Good that they didn't drop their lips like in previous years.

The guys look gutted which is a good sign.

It's do or die now.

I'd expect to see them motivated to turn it around next week. Can see Johnson owning next week.

I'm just saying, 2nd phase footy isn't the only way to beat them. It's not our style and it shows right now. Take our best performance this year and at full strength it gives us every chance.

But the fact of the matter is we don’t have any halves.. And instead of the coach simplifying the game plan to just offloading and pressure, he decides to try and out play Penrith.

The players know SJ is our lucky talisman this season, they know TMM is a poor half. They would have had zero confidence going into that game. And getting into an arm wrestle with Penrith Isn’t the way to build it up.

sad_webby.JPG

We were never going to break then down with possession stat of was it 36% in the first half? Cut the errors, make the Panthers do more work and things start opening up.
Yeah, Penrith's strength is consistency. They're the new Storm. Only Broncs and Knoghts can beat them I think. But Broncs showed last night they are too good. They can defend like Penrith but attack like demons.
Unfortunately that game probably showed our ceiling, great year nonetheless but it’d be a shame to go out in straight sets.
These opportunities seem to only be 1-2 years per decade for us so hope we have another shot in this window
Yeah bro. Our ceiling was hit when we thrashed Cronulla IMO. We decreased from there while other teams were on the up.

To be honest I see RTS taking this spot next year with Ali edging Berry on the other side. Wasn't that sold on Ali after just one FG game but after watching the cup game today he has the goods.
Remains to be seen if RTS comes back as good as the player he was but I’m sick of seeing our opposition having no fear of our backs speed. Zero fear actually. RTS was a better defender than Charnze but he set an extremely high bar.

Remains to be seen if RTS comes back as good as the player he was but I’m sick of seeing our opposition having no fear of our backs speed. Zero fear actually. RTS was a better defender than Charnze but he set an extremely high bar.

RTS is in for sure , they should go for Justin Olam...Berry- gone burger.....we have to have some speed in the ctrs'...Pompey has improved but has the speed of a Giraffe

Too many mistakes. A lot of mistakes we weren't making the rest of the year. Or if we did the other teams weren't as relentless.

Not ideal to be making them in the cauldron of the finals.

Penrith made a few early on in each half but other then that they weren't turning over much.

Also against the top sides you need to reduce the penalties. Or get some luck with the decisions. Before halftime DWZ got tackled and we could have got a penalty. Instead we are down field and Harris gets penalised for being in the ruck although the ball carrier is giving him a WWE back body drop. That could have been pulled up for the ball carrier to go back and play it. Down field we get penalised again for crowding the ruck which could have also been ruled as a ball plant.

We have improved a lot but still need to get better. The decisions against us aren't as bad as they were cause we are competing.

Back