sebastian_old

I agree we'd be morons not resign Price, besides Webb he was our best last year & was Big League's prop of the year along with Petro C.(brisbane). Our clubs younger props would benifit for years to come with Pricey around another year. I personally think Price should've been resigned before Ruben, based on form & leadership.

Skinny_Ravs82

Yeah I'd like to have Pricey stick around for a while longer he's too good. He's the top forward on a regular basis.

scotsman_old

Just heard that the Warriors are going to be given a press release TONIGHT about Stevens future ???? Thats all i know so keep ears open about 8pm

Jesbass_old

Oh man, I hope that's a good one. I think it would have to be. Scurrah and Cleary have said in the press they'd like him to stay, and Price has said the same thing, so I can't see him having signed for another club or suddenly deciding to retire. Unless he has had a career-ending injury, which is doubtful, as I think we would have heard about that by now, I'd say his contract has been extended. :D

Skinny_Ravs82

Agree totally Jesbass, I definitely want this to be good news no doubt about it. Now I'm exciting! haha.

LeagueSuperstar_old

i'd say it is that he has signed on for one more year. he was down my neck of the woods today, and i saw him at McD's this afternoon with his family down here in Thames, he asked me how long it was back to auckland lol, so had a quick chat...

sebastian_old

Exciting news which could turn into terrific news, god i hope signs for just 1 more year. As soon as someone gets the news PLEASE post it, thanks Seb.

Skinny_Ravs82

i'd say it is that he has signed on for one more year. he was down my neck of the woods today, and i saw him at McD's this afternoon with his family down here in Thames, he asked me how long it was back to auckland lol, so had a quick chat...
'how long it was back to auckland'...lol. Too funny. Though if anyone gets the heads up news do let us know a.s.a.p!! Thanks.

Jesbass_old

The Warriors have officially declared what is happening regarding Price's future, but I can't say anything before 6am NZT as they have placed a media embargo preventing the news being posted.

Check the www.warriors.co.nz site in the morning. ;)

EnterFien_old

It's official Mr Price has signed on for another year

Great work by the Warriors

EnterFien_old

SOURCE: https://warriors.sitesuite.ws/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=18181

Captain Steve Price is set to finish his NRL career with the Vodafone Warriors after signing a new one-year deal for 2008.
Heading into his third season in Auckland, Price becomes the club’s second off-contract player to re-sign before its 2007 NRL campaign starts against Parramatta at Mt Smart Stadium next Saturday night (March 17).
Price, who turns 33 tomorrow (March 12), said it was important to him to have his playing future with the Vodafone Warriors settled before the season starts.
“It’s great to have it out of the way and to know I’m going to be playing for the Vodafone Warriors for another year,†he said.
“Now I can just focus on the season ahead. A lot has changed about the club since I arrived. I love the way it’s going, how things are developing. It’s an exciting time for us and I’m excited to be part of it.â€
Price said he and his family always wanted to stay in Auckland.
“We were open-minded about how long we’d stay in Auckland when we first came out here for the 2005 season and it’s been fantastic for us,†he said.
“We wanted to have a different experience in a different country and culture and the lifestyle here has been great. Who knows, we might stay on for a few years after this as well.â€
With Price turning 33 and Wiki already 34, the Vodafone Warriors’ two props will start 2007 with a combined age of 67 years, rising to 69 in 2008.
“We’d have to be the world’s oldest front row easily you’d think but that doesn’t matter to us,†he said.
“I don’t know what Rubes is planning but I guess it would be a great way for us both to finish our playing careers together at the end of the 2008 season.â€
Vodafone Warriors head coach Ivan Cleary is elated the club has retained its front row force for 2008.
“Steve and Ruben have both been absolutely outstanding for us and it’s a huge boost for us to know we’ll now have both of them for another year,†he said.
“The thing about Pricey is that he’s actually playing better than he was when he first came here. He just keeps improving and he wants to improve even more this year.
“Among NRL players, he’s at the higher end of the pay scale but to me there’s no one else out there who provides better value.â€
Price’s new contract also means he and Wiki are both in line to join the exclusive group of players who have appeared in 300 first-grade games. Price will start 2007 with 259 appearances while Wiki has 266; only nine players are in the 300 club.
Price reiterated he still wants to be considered for representative football.
“That will come down to how well I’m playing for the Vodafone Warriors,†he said.
“If I can keep my form up for the club, then hopefully I’d be considered for rep footy. I’d love to be involved again.â€
He played all three matches for Queensland in its 2006 State of Origin triumph but missed selection in the Kangaroos last year.
Three weeks ago utility Jerome Ropati became the first of the Vodafone Warriors’ off-contract players to re-sign with the club.

STEVE PRICE

Born: March 12, 1974
Birthplace: Dalby, Queensland
Position: Prop
Height: 193cm
Weight: 106kg
Junior Club: Newtown Lions (Toowoomba, Queensland)
NRL Debut: Canterbury v Balmain, Belmore Sports Ground, July 3, 1994 (Round 14)
Vodafone Warriors Debut: v Manly, Ericsson Stadium, March 13, 2005 (Round 1)
NRL Career: 259 appearances (222 for Bulldogs 1994-2004; 37 for Vodafone Warriors 2005-06)
NRL Points: 108 (27 tries). Bulldogs: 88 points (22 tries). Vodafone Warriors: 20 points (5 tries)
Representative: 10 Tests for Australia 1998-2005, 20 State of Origin appearances for Queensland 1998-2006
Premierships: 1 – Bulldogs 1995

Jesbass_old

It's good that they've announced it, but interesting that they broke their own embargo, lol! :lol1:

sebastian_old

Sensational!! Price is a champion, good on the management for the resigning.

*Kimmy*_old

Wouldnt the "Premierships" be 2? or since he didn't play in the '04 GF..does that not count? He still has 2 premiership rings! *yay* :)

YAY for Pricey resigning with the Warriors, i'm glad! I didn't want him going over to cold old England to finish his career!!

I <3 Pricey!

Esoj_old

top stuff to have price for another year. another year the younger guys can learn off him and wiki too.

Skinny_Ravs82

Totally wicked and great news indeed. Some people might think this is all a waste, but I really don't think it's a waste for them to keep Pricey! Yah!!
Happy Birthday to Pricey for tomorrow too :)