Staff Stephen Kearney

listening to the commentary and what was reportedly said by Nathan Cleary during the GF, it was interesting to note how much of SK philosophy on coaching was also being pushed by Ivan.
Things like Defense first. Next man up mentality, no special players. Players take accountability for other players. Learn your role till you quote it in your sleep.

I know he didnt always back the talk up with what he did. But i still somehow feel there is a coulda been in there.
Bit like when we lost Ivan, since then his replacements have been much worse.
Yes his team was boring to watch, but he always insisted they had to earn the right to play expansively. If only the warriors had got on board with this idea and earned it. Maybe it would be them winning every division of football one year and not the panthers.
He had three and a bit seasons, and we were getting worse. I think Kearney got a very generous go at head coach and didn’t deliver.

Yeah the Warriors is a tough gig as a head coach and if he had slotted into a top job he might have gone well, but generally speaking new coaches come into struggling teams. Kearney failed twice.

Reactions: Mr Brownstone

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
He had three and a bit seasons, and we were getting worse. I think Kearney got a very generous go at head coach and didn’t deliver.

Yeah the Warriors is a tough gig as a head coach and if he had slotted into a top job he might have gone well, but generally speaking new coaches come into struggling teams. Kearney failed twice.
i agree that he didnt deliver.
would love him to be replaced by someone more competent rather than what we eventually got.
I think without outside interference, the results while here may have been different. However it was his job to fix those problems and he couldnt. and didnt. I was ready to see him go when he went, but saddened by what might have been.