Staff Stephen Kearney

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Kearney may or not be the answer, but I don't think there's any doubt that this group of players is definitely not the solution to our problems.

Way too many guys in the side who don't have the passion for RL, who don't genuinely have the desire to be the best in the world, and who quite frankly look like they're collecting a wage every week and care about little else in between.

I agree.

I was just watching the Lions game tonight. The Provincial Barbarians played their guts out. I think one is even a sheep farmer, only some were at best part time professionals, but they played way above their weight for 80 minutes. Coaching obviously has something to do with it, but they were a scratch side put together for one game.

Sorry I cannot buy into blaming SK. This Warriors team is looking like one of the sorriest bunch of bastards ever to represent the club. I don't think they are all that bad, but they are carrying too many players who aren't up to it and don't have the depth to replace them.

Reactions: 11 users
FAN

FAN

FUCK SK !!!! what about my stupid aviator !!!! Nobody cares, its :cool: blue :cool:....BLUE !!.......................:banghead:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
BeastMode

BeastMode

I agree.

I was just watching the Lions game tonight. The Provincial Barbarians played their guts out. I think one is even a sheep farmer, only some were at best part time professionals, but they played way above their weight for 80 minutes. Coaching obviously has something to do with it, but they were a scratch side put together for one game.

Sorry I cannot buy into blaming SK. This Warriors team is looking like one of the sorriest bunch of bastards ever to represent the club. I don't think they are all that bad, but they are carrying too many players who aren't up to it and don't have the depth to replace them.

Bruce, a coach that doesnt coach and turns a blind eye to mistakes when you're part of his "process" is no coach of mine.

He wasnt the problem to start but he is now part of it.

As a wise man once said if you cant cook get out of the kitchen.

Love your work Gordon.

Maddog

Maddog

I agree.

I can't for the life of me understand though, why these (underperforming) players haven't been held accountable? This is basically the same team as last Season and 2015. Kearney hasn't changed a thing at this club.

Why was he hired? What has he brought to the team that wasn't already there under Cappy?

The last thing I want is for another coach to be cut, but this guy needs to react now. His process doesn't work for this bunch. At this point in time he needs a Plan B.

He seems reluctant to try the youth. CNK prime example. The guy didn't put a foot wrong last week. SK couldn't even pronounce CNKs name properly a few weeks ago. Pipaili looked promising in pre season, Sipleys, Jazz, Lino? Some if not all of these guys deserve a shot... cause this current mob continues to let him and us fans down.

Reactions: 3 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
He wasnt the problem to start but he is now part of it.
Fair point, that begs the question is he the actual problem? I don't think so. He just doesn't have the squad he needs, yet. The bigger question is if he is ever going to get that squad?

flying coconut

He does have the squad though, he just isn't getting anything from them because he doesn't have the coaching ability to do it.

• Haha

Jordan G

He doesn't have the squad, this forward pack/squad isn't top 8, let alone being remotely close to challenging.

As I've said before, our pack is bottom 4, our outside backs are at absolute best 8th, it's only our spine who are top quality and they can't do all the dirty work.

Reactions: 8 users
Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
He doesn't have the squad, this forward pack/squad isn't top 8, let alone being remotely close to challenging.

As I've said before, our pack is bottom 4, our outside backs are at absolute best 8th, it's only our spine who are top quality and they can't do all the dirty work.
You know what - in all the threads, with all the theorys, this is the closest thing I've seen to truly summarising the problem.

Enough said reallly, start there, spend whatever $ we have in that order - then focus on the Coach cause the answer isn't there.

Reactions: 4 users
Donal

Donal

Let's have a factual look at where 'the processes' have got us.

Last year, on average, we let in 25 points a game. This year it's averaging 'only' 22.4 points, so the good news is that while it's still way too high, the defence is actually about 2-3 points better per game. Not a lot better, but better.

The bad news is on offence. Last year we scored an average of 21.4 points a game. This year we're averaging 18.5 points on attack. So our attack is roughly 3 points per game weaker than last year.

The net effect is our points difference per game has got a bit worse - defence improved, but attack worsened more than the defence got better, so we're slightly worse off than before.

So when people on the forums are calling for more flair on attack, they're absolutely right on the facts. Lifting our offence - and we've got some real strike power if we used it better - plus a clean-out of some of the underperforming forwards would go a long way to getting our season back on track.

Jordan G

Let's have a factual look at where 'the processes' have got us.

Last year, on average, we let in 25 points a game. This year it's averaging 'only' 22.4 points, so the good news is that while it's still way too high, the defence is actually about 2-3 points better per game. Not a lot better, but better.

The bad news is on offence. Last year we scored an average of 21.4 points a game. This year we're averaging 18.5 points on attack. So our attack is roughly 3 points per game weaker than last year.

The net effect is our points difference per game has got a bit worse - defence improved, but attack worsened more than the defence got better, so we're slightly worse off than before.

So when people on the forums are calling for more flair on attack, they're absolutely right on the facts. Lifting our offence - and we've got some real strike power if we used it better - plus a clean-out of some of the underperforming forwards would go a long way to getting our season back on track.

In theory, improving the forward pack would improve both sides of the ball and that's really the end game.

Fortunately from most of the rumours that's what our main focus is. It's just getting players to sign.

As always, I'm all for signing 4-5 guys from QLD/NSW cup to add real depth and competition if we can't get any established first graders to move over. There's some real hard nosed, strong willed players in those teams looking for an opportunity.

Reactions: 6 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
As always, I'm all for signing 4-5 guys from QLD/NSW Cup to add real depth and competition if we can't get any established first graders to move over. There's some real hard nosed, strong willed players in those teams looking for an opportunity.
With SK's knowledge of Queensland I am sure they have all options under consideration. The problem is finding a Michael Luck or Kevin Campion to come to a losing culture, because in reality that is what it s going to take, we don't need any more Todd Lowries, just because they are Australian doesn't make them better.

BeastMode

BeastMode

Fair point, that begs the question is he the actual problem? I don't think so. He just doesn't have the squad he needs, yet. The bigger question is if he is ever going to get that squad?

What squad is that Bruce?

A squad that plays with passion and pride? you cant buy that sort of stuff.

And from what i can tell SK doesnt have the skills to bring it out of players.

He may be gifted in so many aspects of league but the human quality of influencing, inspiring and motivating others is a trait that only true leaders have. That above all is what we need at this club.

That and a good dose of luck.

Jordan G

With SK's knowledge of Queensland I am sure they have all options under consideration. The problem is finding a Michael Luck or Kevin Campion to come to a losing culture, because in reality that is what it s going to take, we don't need any more Todd Lowries, just because they are Australian doesn't make them better.

I watch QLD Cup extensively. Live streams/TV/game. There are quite a few players I would add to the squad in a heartbeat (and yes, some are contracted to Storm, Titans, Broncos without seeing game time), and some of those guys are Fijian/PNG so it's more than just being Australian.

Reactions: 3 users