Staff Stephen Kearney V2.0

Do you have faith in Stephen Kearneys process?

• Yes

• Undecided

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
No, I'm a Kiwis tragic who is grateful for all the success Kearney's Kiwis achieved
I am extremely grateful for his efforts as a player, he is one of the greats. As a coach, there have been some very ordinary people who have coached the Kiwis to wins. Do you need a list?

Reaction score
brightman

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I am extremely grateful for his efforts as a player, he is one of the greats. As a coach, there have been some very ordinary people who have coached the Kiwis to wins. Do you need a list?
Are you on that list, aren't you ordinary too..

Any win over the Kangaroos should be celebrated, just as any win over the All Blacks is..

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Are you on that list, aren't you ordinary too..

Any win over the Kangaroos should be celebrated, just as any win over the All Blacks is..
My point...if it needs to be explained..,. that being a winning Kiwi coach does not in any way relate to the NRL :rolleyes:

Reaction score
brightman

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
My point...if it needs to be explained..,. that being a winning Kiwi coach does not in any way relate to the NRL :rolleyes:
Good thing me and that other dude we're talking about the KIWIS..

Reaction score
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
There's a short video clip of Bellamy on the NRL site explaining why he chose Scott over Chambers (who he's coached for 12 years) for last nights game and how hard it was to do.

But as he pointed out, he felt it was best for that particular game.

Can't imagine SK doing that. Something he never learned at the Storm

Reaction score

Vedoid

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
There's a short video clip of Bellamy on the NRL site explaining why he chose Scott over Chambers (who he's coached for 12 years) for last nights game and how hard it was to do.

But as he pointed out, he felt it was best for that particular game.

Can't imagine SK doing that. Something he never learned at the Storm
I'm not engaging with the slagging off Kearney business, but the way the Storm has approached the last 6 weeks is actually pretty amazing. That Chambers decision was one I can't see many coaches making - although it gave their bench a terrible look. For one of the older coaches going around, Bellamy continues to be one of the most dynamic. This week will be interesting to see if Chambers in included in the 17.

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'm not engaging with the slagging off Kearney business, but the way the Storm has approached the last 6 weeks is actually pretty amazing. That Chambers decision was one I can't see many coaches making - although it gave their bench a terrible look. For one of the older coaches going around, Bellamy continues to be one of the most dynamic. This week will be interesting to see if Chambers in included in the 17.
Don't reckon Bellamy will change his starting line up. Chambers will be on the interchange again. Just as an a side, Roosters would love to transplant Curtis Scott's whole hearted effort into Latrell.

Last edited:
Reaction score
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Article today in the news about possible alternative coaching options.

Ben & Shane Walker

This would be somewhat out of left field, but plenty of people in the know have been calling for the Walker brothers to get a crack at the NRL for a long time.

The pair are renowned for their attacking flair after the way they transformed the Ipswich Jets into one of the most exciting teams, at any level, to watch play.

The brothers are keen for a crack in the big dance and applied for both the Newcastle and Gold Coast jobs when they became vacant in recent years.

Historically, the Warriors have found success when they play outside of the traditional structure of the NRL. The Walker brothers could certainly play into that.
Anyone suggesting Walker & Walker is about 5 years too late, they've been found out quite convincingly after the initial hype, and I say that as someone who was calling for them back then.

If you wanted to look at QRL coaches though, I'd go for Jimmy Lenihan at the Burleigh Bears - just took a team of Titans rejects to the grand final, absolutely dismantling the Falcons who only lost 1 regular season game all year and were stacked with Storm 1st graders.

Top Bottom