General State Of Origin - Show Your Support

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
starting to notice a trend based on those willing to "show" their support. Queenslanders supporters stand proud and positive. NSW supporters seem to want to go on about the death of Qld
QUEERSLAND R.I.P
change the rules
I might bring a dislike button just for this post
or are worried about the colour of their handbags
I'm going with NSW because blue is a better colour than red

but then again there are so few of them nowdays - why worry!

I've lived in NSW for 22 years now. It would be treacherous to support any other state, regardless of who might be playing for them.
Would love to see Laurie take the prize as he's one of my all-time favourites. Imho, Maloney could make the difference.

Tooheys New and the Mighty Blues....

Too many Warriors have pulled on the Moron jersey for me to go for NSW. Really though I'd say I'm more impartial than anything, I'd like to see a NSW win just because they're due for one, but I'll be cheering on QLD.

Reactions: mt.wellington
Too many Warriors have pulled on the Moron jersey for me to go for NSW. Really though I'd say I'm more impartial than anything, I'd like to see a NSW win just because they're due for one, but I'll be cheering on QLD.

Im sort of the same these days. Queensland have the best players in key positions. They are some of my favorites to watch and Smith, Slater, Inglis and Thurston will be remembered as some of the greatest players to play league.

Still i'll support NSW because they had some of my all time favorites, Sterling, Sironen, Elias and Lazarus

edit: cant stand thurston

Always been a Qland supporter since the early 90's when Alfie, Renouf, Walters etc donned the Moron jersey.

I could never support NSW - especially now Mick Ennis has played for them!!! Plus the likes of Bird, Tamau etc on the team!!!

starting to notice a trend based on those willing to "show" their support. Queenslanders supporters stand proud and positive. NSW supporters seem to want to go on about the death of Qld change the rules or are worried about the colour of their handbags

Yeah, well, I'm sure that a cockroach would feel that way about getting stomped on too. Cockroaches are proud of what they are. But you can't blame civilized people for wanting them destroyed.

*... looks at profile picture and sees that NSW supporters are actually the cockroaches*:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Reactions: gREVUS
Used to support Queensland, but after Mal's blatant poaching of Papalii (and his attempt at Kasiano) - have retracted that support. Can't support NSW because they poached Tamou. Can't support teams that work to the detriment of International Rugby League (not when I don't support Australia anyway). Will watch the games, and pray most of the Australian reps (especially Tamou) tear their ACLs or get season ending injuries because a) it will be better for the warriors, and b) improves our chances of retaining the world cup at the end of the year.

*supporting the injury count*. (I'd also support suspensions, but let's be fair - these days in SOO - not many people get decent suspensions because it's SOO)...

Yip I'm injury count all the way- go the injuries!

starting to notice a trend based on those willing to "show" their support. Queenslanders supporters stand proud and positive. NSW supporters seem to want to go on about the death of Qld change the rules or are worried about the colour of their handbags

1 comment doesnt make a trend

nsw support has always been in the minority in nz.

keep trying to convince yourself! the BLUES Forwads will stand Proud and Own your guys!

Reactions: Inruin and tajhay

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
1 comment doesnt make a trend

nsw support has always been in the minority in nz.
Have to disagree. I'm the only QLD supporter in my crew and the vast majority of people in the bars I watch games in are going for NSW. Most of my mates have family connections in Sydney or jumped on the Joey Johns bandwagon years ago. Just my opinion though...

Have to disagree. I'm the only QLD supporter in my crew and the vast majority of people in the bars I watch games in are going for NSW. Most of my mates have family connections in Sydney or jumped on the Joey Johns bandwagon years ago. Just my opinion though...
you just need to look at this forum to see the numbers.

ever since the 80s when brisbane came into the comp they got a massive nz following, then lowe taking the queensland coaching job boosted that. when i was at school the warriors didnt exist and it was brisbane and queensland supported by a lot and nsw and lots of different teams supported by the rest

NSW,always supported them since the days Ben Elias ET,Gary Jack.but to me it's lost so me of its luster but ill still watch. 22 18 NSW

Reactions: OMG
NSW,always supported them since the days Ben Elias ET,Gary Jack.but to me it's lost so me of its luster but ill still watch. 22 18 NSW

Even for myself it has lost some of the lustre, I had been hoping Kearney was a real Coach and pick teams that could of carried on from the WC, but he is a moron and has ruined that for me, not confident going into the world cup at all. So Queensland it is, I'm pretty confident that Smith will retire after the 10th straight series win. lol

Reactions: koolkat