Post Match 2023 Broncos vs Warriors - Week 3 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

Results are only viewable after voting.
Broncos victory was well deserved. Got no qualms about them winning that. They picked us apart almost everywhere on the field. Fowards couldnt slow the go foward and we are too slow on the edges to keep up on the sweep plays. Def need another elite prop to compete with the top 2 teams. RTS will help shore up one edge. Hes a very good defender and is quicker than either centre we have.

Thought the refereeing was iffy, without being the deciding factor. They def earnt the right to quick play the balls but man they lay all over us all night and no 6 agains. The forward pass was terrible. We were getting into the grind of the game and were starting to win possesion and territory battles and that effectively killed the game as a contest. Sad way for it to end but looking forward to next year now and RTS back in a Warriors jumper.

First time I'm not upset after a game. I mouthed off in the game day thread but I treat it like a seat in the stands at Carlaw park after an afternoon at the Strand pub loading up.

Yeah I let fly in there especially at our corupt Aussie over lords, but now it's over I think this is the first time in my life I have had zero hurt after a game like that.

Part of it is watching it with my kids and part of it is seeing how good this team is and how exciting 2024 is.

Next year we need to finish in the top two.

Play a Semi at Mt Smart to take the cheating out of it.

I think we can do it.

If we had the Broncos calls tonight we would have put forty on them easy.

We were cheated but who cares. No one can take our year of glory from us.

How good is it having AFB in our team. In big games when they kick off and want to come up quick and get big shots on and repeat with line speed.

We pass it off to AFB who the opposition struggle to put on the ground.

Meant we didn't start the game getting smashed in our 20. Had a few good kick off returns.

Lucky bugger. I changed to alternative but it didn't change the commentary.

The Warriors are making the game day experience really attractive, time for Sky to come to the party and invest in a good home commentary team.
Or just use the Australian ones. Please. I can put up with the pregame shit but for the love of god fix the commentary for the actual game

Lucky bugger. I changed to alternative but it didn't change the commentary.

The Warriors are making the game day experience really attractive, time for Sky to come to the party and invest in a good home commentary team.
You had to wait for a few seconds after kickoff for it to switch from the NZ studio/Larmer to Voss.

First time I'm not upset after a game. I mouthed off in the game day thread but I treat it like a seat in the stands at Carlaw park after an afternoon at the Strand pub loading up.

Yeah I let fly in there especially at our corupt Aussie over lords, but now it's over I think this is the first time in my life I have had zero hurt after a game like that.

Part of it is watching it with my kids and part of it is seeing how good this team is and how exciting 2024 is.

Next year we need to finish in the top two.

Play a Semi at Mt Smart to take the cheating out of it.

I think we can do it.

If we had the Broncos calls tonight we would have put forty on them easy.

We were cheated but who cares. No one can take our year of glory from us.
We woke our boys (7 and 9) up to see the game. It could have been something special. A good experience for them as they wear their gear most days and enjoyed seeing people in Warriors gear out and about today and getting an Up the Wahs.

I was expecting to watch it by myself so if I got annoyed it's not as bad.

Like you I was frustrated during the game. I hate losing at this time of the year as you get the sinking feeling it is over and also the opposition celebrating as they realise they are off to the big show. Once it is over I'm a bit more realistic.

An amazing year turning around a 15th finish to a top 4 and a game away from a Grand Final.

From a team I’ve been at times embarrassed to support (hey at least I’m honest), to a team an entire nation got behind during a rugby World Cup, I’m still insanely proud of this team. Up against Home advantage and an insanely talented team, We needed things to go perfectly to win this.

Key points for me.
- The forward pass was unforgivable & it halted any momentum we had. This put us into a panic mode, leading to Pompey sin bin.
- The Egan HIA hurt & a bunch of uncharacteristic errors.
- The broncos offloading 17x in the first half - what the actual fuck. Defensively we needed to be better, but that’s out of this world.
- For all DWZ finishing abilities, he jams & panics & struggles defensively. He needs to fix this.
- Tohu is an incredible player & leader.
- I feel Curran could be better utilised, even as a hard running middle?
- our centres are green and inexperienced, and will be better from this. For mine, RTS takes Pompey’s spot. Berry is improving every week & his catch pass & defence is better than Pompey.

we lost to a better team tonight, but we can still be proud of where we got to, from where we were. Selling out mss week after week, players hitting career best form, we play with effort & grit, & we have a style & our swagger Back. Our cup side finished strong, we have 2 new pathways programmes starting next year & weve unearthed some future first graders in halasima, Laban, going, volkman, leiataua, maiu’u and Tuaupiki. There’s a lot to be proud of.

Shout out to all you crazy mofos on the forum for another awesome year. I’ve enjoyed it & can’t wait to see what 2024 brings with another year of experience & coaching under webby. RTS returns, CHT will add some toughness & we haven’t lost anyone significant to the squad. We will be better for this & the top 4 is now the standard we expect.

Bring on 2024 🔥

How good is it having AFB in our team. In big games when they kick off and want to come up quick and get big shots on and repeat with line speed.

We pass it off to AFB who the opposition struggle to put on the ground.

Meant we didn't start the game getting smashed in our 20. Had a few good kick off returns.
Unfortunately tonight Haas made just as many post contact metres as AFB made actual run metres…. Less than 100 for AFB is well below his usual which just shows how much they dominated our forwards. Haas on the other hand racked up 228m. Tohu was the only Wahs forward that cracked 100m.

Back