General Stacey Jones

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
You never know, he might tell them to stop being shit and they might listen to him. Browny should have thought of that instead of over-thinking the game turning centres into edges and hookers into props. League's a simple game, and we appear to have a team full of simpletons so Stacey's game plan might just work.

I dunno man. Is he smart and experienced enough to even have a game plan?

Remember Frankie Endacott?.

I dont know why but Stacey kind of reminds me of him... seemed like a decent bloke but fark me, no idea how to coach an NRL club let alone the Warriors...

I think he did alright in SL though.. more his level...

Reactions: Worried2Death

I dont know why but Stacey kind of reminds me of him... seemed like a decent bloke but fark me, no idea how to coach an NRL club let alone the Warriors...

Yeah I get the impression Stace doesn't really have any aspirations for an nrl head coaching gig, he's too much of a typical humble kiwi personality and doesn't want the stress. But who knows, maybe he'll surprise himself with a challenge outside his comfort zone, wouldn't be the first time that's happened to him.

Who's to say he's not the one with the key to unlocking the Warriors anyway, no one else has found the magic formula for instillng self-belief into us, our boys might just respond to him because of those unique qualities. There's no text book for coaching the Warriors, if there was some aussie coach would have got us a cabinet full of trophies by now.

Some are born to greatness, others stumble into it accidentally when no one else is available. I don't really believe any of that, I'm just a Warriors tragic who dares to dream.

Wigan finished top of the table but then lost a Grand Final because we had one injury and he made 4 changes.

Reactions: Sup42
You never know, he might tell them to stop being shit and they might actually listen to him. Browny should have thought of that instead of over-thinking the game turning centres into edges and hookers into props. League's a simple game, and we appear to have a team full of simpletons so Stacey's game plan might just work.

It was more a point that if we're losing games it's hardly his fault because we were losing games anyway.

I think I see the problem:
George hopes to make an appointment by August and he has a clear idea of the type of coach the Warriors need.
“To be honest, I want to see someone be a bit of a hard arse. We need to steel up our defence, we need to steel up our attitude, and that is right across the board,” George said.
“Someone who can bring a bit of a hard edge, I think, would be really good. Everyone carries it in a different way and I just like the simple approach to footy.
“If someone comes to us and presents well and has a very simple philosophy and has the effort areas really strong, I think they are the key attributes that can help our club with the playing rosters that we have got over here.”
Anyone who thinks professional coaching suits "simple" is being lazy. Coaching is complex because people are complex, even football players.

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
Yeah I get the impression Stace doesn't really have any aspirations for an nrl head coaching gig, he's too much of a typical humble kiwi personality and doesn't want the stress. But who knows, maybe he'll surprise himself with a challenge outside his comfort zone, wouldn't be the first time that's happened to him.

Who's to say he's not the one with the key to unlocking the Warriors anyway, no one else has found the magic formula for instillng self-belief into us, our boys might just respond to him because of those unique qualities. There's no text book for coaching the Warriors, if there was some aussie coach would have got us a cabinet full of trophies by now.

Some are born to greatness, others stumble into it accidentally when no one else is available. I don't really believe any of that, I'm just a Warriors tragic who dares to dream.

Exactly to your point. I’m not sure a laid back, one of the lads, humble kiwi bloke is suited to this job.

Endacott, even Bluely seemed like easy going kiwis and they struggled massively.

The NRL is a very competitive and cut throat environment. You need thick skin, a winning mindset, a bit of luck, adaptability and a high football IQ. We’re up against red blooded Aussies here. The worst of their kind. 😆

Stacey is gonna need help. Lots of it.

Lord of League, show us the way!

The year is now, my Lord. For you we fans offer up this New Zealand Warriors coach, that you may BURN THE USELESS BUM WHO DIDN'T PICK OUR FAVOURITE PLAYER! and let it's light leads to a friggin' decent NRL coach who PICKS MY FAVOURITE PLAYER! And doesn't pick an ASS instead!

We know our endless faith will be rewarded, although you sure are taking your sweet time about it, even with all the, um, I don't have enough fingers....Anyway, after all the Coach Burnings...

Yet we still have faith in eventual victory although the season is long and full of better NRL teams.

Akkerz

Contributor
Lord of League, show us the way!

The year is now, my Lord. For you we fans offer up this New Zealand Warriors coach, that you may BURN THE USELESS BUM WHO DIDN'T PICK OUR FAVOURITE PLAYER! and let it's light leads to a friggin' decent NRL coach who PICKS MY FAVOURITE PLAYER! And pick an ASS instead!

We know our endless faith will be rewarded, although you sure are taking your sweet time about it, even with all the, um, I don't have enough fingers....Anyway, after all the Coach Burnings...

Yet we still have faith in eventual victory although the season is long and full of better NRL teams.
Amen

Lord of League hears your cries but he's busy with his phone ringing off the hook. Keep the faiith

Heard an interview with Stacey today. Said he was going to get Kevin Campion in and arouNd the team.
Great stuff so far....
Do u think Campion will resonate with those boys tho?

I mean he resonates with most of us on here cause we were around at that time and saw exactly what his hard arse attitude did in lifting standards at that time.... but hes from another generation to most of those boys and could come across as just another grumpy old ex player to those 20 year olds who u switch off on,,,,,dont get me wrong this team needs an injection of that attitude by the bucketloads......im just wondering if a more recent legend like Mannering might get more response.

Do u think Campion will resonate with those boys tho?

I mean he resonates with most of us on here cause we were around at that time and saw exactly what his hard arse attitude did in lifting standards at that time.... but hes from another generation to most of those boys and could come across as just another grumpy old ex player to those 20 year olds who u switch off on,,,,,dont get me wrong this team needs an injection of that attitude by the bucketloads......im just wondering if a more recent legend like Mannering might get more response.
Yeah the Key with Campion was he was actually playing and punching over his former team mates.

But good on Campo for helping.

Just on Stacey, it's not like he asked for this.

He shall remain blameless for the horrors ahead brought down on him by a loose unit in the Wheelhouse.