General Stacey Jones' Residual Value (2009)

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
. Jones was almost certainly past it.. that was basically clear to everyone from like round 4 onwards and resigning him was a terrible decision, both at the time and in retrospect...
i felt a bit sorry for stacey as he only came back to cover for any injuries or rep commitments. however, warriors took the oppurtunity to cut some players
rightly or wrongly. forced someone who thought he was there for support and emergencies to play large amount of season

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to think that way too, but then I felt that Stacey was big enough to stand up and define the rules of his role but he allowed the player(s) to be cut.
if you sign expecting to be used in emergencies and management cut players, would you say sorry i'm only here for emergencies or do youdowhat you have to for the club you love, whether you agree with the cuts or not. he doesnt have any say over who stats and goes except for himself

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
if you sign expecting to be used in emergencies and management cut players, would you say sorry i'm only here for emergencies or do youdowhat you have to for the club you love, whether you agree with the cuts or not. he doesnt have any say over who stats and goes except for himself
But he could step aside. When he saw they were misusing him and that he no longer had what was needed, he should have put his hand up and said he wanted out. Who wants to leave a legacy of being the guy who stayed too long.

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
But he could step aside. When he saw they were misusing him and that he no longer had what was needed, he should have put his hand up and said he wanted out. Who wants to leave a legacy of being the guy who stayed too long.
and who was there instead of him? to fill the space he would have left?

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Far greater men than Jones have survived that miss Judgement...Ali...Jordan....etc etc....and maybe Floyd May
weather......

Reaction score

Buck777

can this be put in the 'Stacey's residual value' thread?!
I agree with your post though. He knew it was game over well an truly before the end of the season. Some criticism should be leveled at Cleary though. He continued with the kick-it-to-Manu-on-the-5th even when the whole opp team was waiting for the kick too lol. Ah 09. It's almost nostalgic now

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
and who was there instead of him? to fill the space he would have left?
I guess we will never know, but had he been injured long term, then we would have had to find a replacement. Perhaps Lance?

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Far greater men than Jones have survived that miss Judgement...Ali...Jordan....etc etc....and maybe Floyd May
weather......
But Stacey wasn't one of the "survivors". Thats the point. There was never a recovery of his form.

Don't get me wrong. I've always been a Stacey fan, just not a Stacey version 09 fan.

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
I guess we will never know, but had he been injured long term, then we would have had to find a replacement. Perhaps Lance?
yeah maybe, all i'm saying is you cant blame jones. blame ivan and the warriors for putting him in that position.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
yeah maybe, all i'm saying is you cant blame jones. blame ivan and the warriors for putting him in that position.
I blame Stacey almost as much as I blame Ivan and the club. He meant enough to the club, and the club should have meant enough to him that they ended a failing experiment long before the end of the season.

The guy I blame the most is Ivan. To ditch Fien when he knew Stacey was only there for the one season was not only foolish, but spiteful as well.

Reaction score
fanrrior

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Is this a derailment thread?

Top Bottom