General Stacey Jones poll.

Stacey Jones in the 09 season.

• The Warriors and Jones have done the right thing in singing on for 09

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • Bad idea, the champion should have stayed in retirement where his place as legend is assured

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Northern_Union

As there seems to be a split on the forum between those that want Jones as the 09 half back and those that think it's abad idea, i thought i'd start a poll.

Northern_Union

Well i'm first cab off the rank so i'll say yes it is a good idea Jones resigning.

Jesbass_old

Good idea. Stacey's status as a legend won't hinge on one season in the NRL.

bigstuboy_old

great idea he is gunna boost the team confidence and the crowd numbers which in turn will make it even harder for aposing teams to come here

raypower_old

I think that there's a great risk v reward from it. Part of me when I heard the news initially thought "Has he done the right thing" Another part was overjoyed at having the little bugger back. I think his big game experience and just him in general will be such a boost for the club.

Jesbass_old

I think that there's a great risk v reward from it. Part of me when I heard the news initially thought "Has he done the right thing" Another part was overjoyed at having the little bugger back. I think his big game experience and just him in general will be such a boost for the club.

If there was a ranking of unintentional puns...that probably wouldn't be near the top... :D

raypower_old

But it wouldn't be near the bottom? It'd be somewhere in the middle generally I reckon.

Mangi-Maori_old

I said before the Maori - All Golds game that I'd never doubt him, ... it's exciting to see him come out of retirement ... it's a great idea, that will bring great results. Go Stacey you da man.

jahc_old

I have to sit on the fence for this one. In my opinion only the coaching staff will know whether Stacey can cut it in 2009, and I think they wont know until after preseason training.

Esoj_old

great move by the warriors I think. Regardless of what happens Stacey Jones will always be a legend to me and one of the greatest ever to play the game.

motu1_old

stacey jone is a legend it will good to see how he helps all the young halfs and really all the young players

a.c.e_old

Jones coming back will add to the young guns in camp as they can learn soo much from the guy and give players like Fien and Witt that little bit extra.

cornelius_sulla_old

Stacey Jones is back and I reckon it's fantastic. He may be a bit long in the tooth now, but he is still our best half by a long stretch and I'm glad he's back.