General Squad named

Blake_old

Crockett out. Kirk to the wing.

Witt back.

Tate back.

7 man bench. Including Mautalino, Solomona.

Hohaia
Kirk
Tate
Ropati
Ah Van
Witt
Rovelli
Rapira
Fien
Tuimavave
Mannering
Lauaki
Luck

Henderson
Swann
Packer
Wiki
Solomona
Mautalino
Fai

Jesbass_old

Yeah, just saw it in my inbox. Pretty shocked, even though I know I shouldn't be. :(

J_Hallow_old

i forgot all about kirk. i wonder if they will pick him or put solomona in. i think its the right call for crockett to be dropped. he hasnt done much at all

good to see that mautalino is being considered for first grade.

im kind of gutted price isnt back yet. its like he is playing games with my heart

Kid-Dynamite_old

Yea, Do you think Pricey is still a chance to play or has he been ruled out again for this week?
Mautalino and Solomona named in the sauad, don't know much about either.
I think Solomona is a promising winger?? (Is that correct?)
And where does Mautalino play? What does he offer?

Viking_old

Yea, Do you think Pricey is still a chance to play or has he been ruled out again for this week?
Mautalino and Solomona named in the sauad, don't know much about either.
I think Solomona is a promising winger?? (Is that correct?)
And where does Mautalino play? What does he offer?

Second row and trys.

Esoj_old

mautalino has been doing well from the toyota cup games I have seen and it would be interesting to see how he went in first grade. could be tad early for him just yet but we shall see what ivan does later in the week. I am thinking it will be a toss up between kirk and solomona for the wing spot and cleary will make his mind up closer to the game. will be interesting to see how this unfolds during the week and I guess it's good to see cleary delving deeper into the u20 talent to boost the team performance

Joe 90_old

Same ol same ol imo.

3 to drop off? Ivan being Ivan i'd guess Mautalino (although i'd way prefer him over Hame at the moment), Solomona, and Swann.
Solomona's probably cover if Tate pulls up lame after S.O.O. Although i'd have him on the wing over Kirk just quietly.

Ivan sure is loyal if nothing else. Some of those guys owe him big time. Hope they can start putting performances on the board for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

J_Hallow_old

mautalino has been doing well from the toyota cup games and it would be interesting to see how he went in first grade. could be tad early for him just yet but we shall see what ivan does later in the week. I am thinking it will be a toss up between kirk and solomona for the wing spot and cleary will make his mind up closer to the game. will be interesting to see how this unfolds during the week and I guess it's good to see cleary delving deeper into the u20 talent.

im also getting the feeling that solomona/kirk are also cover for tate if he is to get injured tomorrow night(im not just touching wood im banging in it)

by picking players from the u20's it may also give the younger kids incentive to stay at the warriors instead of going to other clubs to try and crack first grade.

Kid-Dynamite_old

Second row and trys.

:)
Sounds like in a couple of years we are going to have a good back-row with Sonny Fai and this Mautalino fella coming through.

Also did anyone hear last night on Monday NIght NRL, Stephen McIvor said Frank Pritchard wants to come to the Warriors (in 2010)?
Anyone know the story behind this?

Esoj_old

true there probably is cover for tate in case his knee is not good after origin (I hope he pulls through ok though).

edit: pritchard can be hot one match and then extremely flat the next. it seems like fai is being brought through now in the top grade and maybe if mautalino gets a chance too this week or in the future the management may not need to go looking for a second rower just yet.

LordGnome_old

1) Hohaia
2) Kirk
3) Tate
4) Ropati
5) Ah Van
6) Witt
7) Rovelli
8) Rapira
9) Fien
10) Tuimavave
11) Mannering
12) Lauaki
13) Luck

14) Henderson
15) Packer
16) Wiki
17) Fai

Isn't that the same as last week, except for Crocket getting droppen (and Witt back from injury, Tate back from SOO?)

Kid-Dynamite_old

Isn't that the same as last week, except for Crocket getting droppen (and Witt back from injury, Tate back from SOO?)

Good england!!! :tongue1: :D

But na, yea all fingers and toes crossed that Brent Tate can back up from SOO!!

edguy_old

great to see the young guns in the squad...awesome

shame about the halfback though.
.....i just dont understand how a non performing player can keep getting picked....

in my job ,if im not doing well at work ,if i constantly make stupid mistakes ,over and over again , my boss would fire my ass ,or get someone more competent to replace me .
as he should ..its his money ...
but the warriors , well they just dont have the stones im afraid , to make the big calls .

Warrioraholic_old

From what I was told a while ago (refer my other post) Ivan will make a last minute change to the starting side and Price will run out against the chooks. Its Ivans big secret play that he does at the 11th hour which really has no effect on a game at all

Iafeta_old

Good to see good performances reward.

Kia Kaha Rovelli, going well. Nothing to worry about son, the coach appreciates the work you're doing and that's good enough for me.

Viking_old

So disgruntled, I started typing in German!

Ein droppen ze halvbaken!

Shortlands gone as well - injured?

There's only one back on the bench so Kirk will get pushed into center if Tate can't play. I actually want to see what Kirk can offer, can't judge much on the Melbourne game where he was safe but he looks too small IMO. Kirk and Ropati against Soliola and Sa, you can pretty much guess what the game plan will be.

LordGnome_old

Rovelli wird nicht ein halber Rücken die ganze Zeit das Loch in seinen Arsch-Punkten abwärts sein!