Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Just thought: If he's really leaving for personal reasons, it stands that rugby league won't be his first consideration for a while, so the Warriors should release on the stipulation that NSW Cup is the highest level team he signs with/plays at.

No point on having a spare $Mill in the cap if there’s nothing to spend it on.

I think we will release him but not until we have someone else. Problem is that someone else will be half the player

Screen Shot 2023-11-02 at 2.18.53 PM.png

Not sure how:

To feel about this.

Was Addin always going to be at the level he's at now or do long term watchers of Addin remember him as a bit meh earlier in his career? (hoping we can quick-train an Addin-Level Replacement!)

Dragons have got money and was his junior club. Could really be any club, any of them would have him and would move players to make room.
They sacked him though... and we have him contracted for a further two season.
What could they realistically offer in return.

Edit: he's under contract for a further 3 years on over a million a year.

Last edited:
They sacked him though... and we have him contracted for a further two season.
What could they realistically offer in return.
Flanagan a shrewd operator and building a roster. Unlikely though throwing that big offer at Manu. Couldn’t see manly being the destination as they have too many on too much, offered that big contract to Olakau’atu though. I’d take him and if it meant AFB, would rather AFB at the same time but unfortunately I looks like he’s gone.