General sos hohia

sebastian_old

Look seriously i was putting up with ropati, but freezing up like a child & not kicking it on the last at a vital time is inexcusable. He was so bad cleary swaped him but it was too late. Our kicking lost us that game, simple. Fien wasn't any better, we had the broncos on the ropes & what does he do he runs the ball on the last 3 or 4 times when he was supposed to be replacing ropati at 5/8. So fien better not be our our answer to 5/8 next week.
We were the more dominent team & its inexcusable to lose. Hohia or anyone from bartercup that can actually kick better be in that team because i as a fan am getting sick of this ropati is a 5/8 bullshit. If having to pull him off at a vital point of a game won't open his eyes were stuffed.

warriorfaithful*_old

Agree totally ropati has got no game at 6. Bring back hohia!!!!

corey_old

i thought Fien played very well today...Rovelli had a great kicking game today also

Skinny_Ravs82

corey said:
i thought Fien played very well today...Rovelli had a great kicking game today also

It helps when Webby and Fien chipped in from time to time. Oh put Gatis in there too when he got on (hmm why was he only introduced in the second half? Weird)
I definitely see Ravs getting better all the time, just wish Fien would quit that bomb thou...it's just not coming off

sebastian_old

He did play well until ropati stuffed up so bad they made fien play 5/8 & then when kicks were desperatly needed at the end of our set fein turned the ball back to the broncos instead of kicking at least 3 or 4 times & we had the broncos on the ropes until then. If could've got at least a good kick or line drop out the broncos would've ended up cracking.

corey_old

i think we are being abit harsh on ropati, sure he shouldn't be 5/8..but put him in at centre and he is great, he is a very good runner of the ball..so if anyone is stupid it would be Ivan for putting him there, wouldn't it?

JonB_old

I think Hohia is the only short term solution to our woes at number 6.
Ropati decisions come at an alarmingly slow rate, you have to play on instinct.
Hohia hasn't always gone well at 6 though as he is more of a halfback.
my ultimate sort term solution would be to have a left halfback and a right side halfback. This could over complicate things but i alos think it has alot of merrit.

How my system would work is that when the ball is on the left die of the field Ravs is half, then when the ball goes onto the right side Hohia is the halfback whilest Ravs drops back to number 6.
That is how I think our personall could be maximised.

Northern_Union

Polar Bob said:
and btw guys its spelt HOHAIA

Actually it's spelt B-A-R-T-E-R-C-A-R-D.

Whats Ropati doing for Cleary that is keeping him in first grade when he clearly (or should that be Cleary) isn't a first grade 5/8?

Hohaia has proven he is a play maker but can't make the side. Maybe there are personal issues here that we don't know about, how else do you explain whats going on?

iceman_old

Get it right Bob. It's spelt 'superstar without an ego'. But maybe Frodo can't spell...Good footballer tho...

warriors4life_old

Get rid of Ropati, he's not a five/eighth, he's a centre or utility player.

PB_old

RS_Dragon said:
Polar Bob said:

Whats Ropati doing for Cleary that is keeping him in first grade when he clearly (or should that be Cleary) isn't a first grade 5/8?

Hohaia has proven he is a play maker but can't make the side. Maybe there are personal issues here that we don't know about, how else do you explain whats going on?

Guys and girls, you've all seen it. Open your eyes and believe.

Ropati isn't:
A standoff - limited skill-set.
A halfback - see standoff.
A Lock - poor ball security.
A Wing - too slow, poor positioning.
A Centre - can't defend laterally.
A fullback - see lock and remember last year.

So what is he? A liability. But he's probably there - reading between the lines - because he trains better and has a good attittude off the field. It's all it can be.....right? So maybe Lancey boy needs to pay attention.

Iafeta_old

Polar Bob said:
RS_Dragon said:
Polar Bob said:

Guys and girls, you've all seen it. Open your eyes and believe.

Ropati isn't:
A standoff - limited skill-set.
A halfback - see standoff.
A Lock - poor ball security.
A Wing - too slow, poor positioning.
A Centre - can't defend laterally.
A fullback - see lock and remember last year.

So what is he? A liability. But he's probably there - reading between the lines - because he trains better and has a good attittude off the field. It's all it can be.....right? So maybe Lancey boy needs to pay attention.

Well said Polar. Well said mate.

People want him as a centre, but watch the Eastwood try down the flank. Eastwood gets on the outside because Ropati has pushed too far in field and Martin?? has to follow him in field. The same thing happened earlier on the season when Ropati defended at centre. It happened last week, at five eighth, but instead of being caught too slow coming across, he got done on the inside over-reading the play.

He doesn't always get slapped with the miss tackle stat because from his error the chance comes out wider, but he should be slapped with "Can't read in defence for sh!t" stat that conceeds a line break/try.

He truly is the modern day Paul Cariage. He's got nothing. But rest assured, he'll be in the team next week, Toopi will be rewarded with a centre berth and we'll be back to where we started. In the sh!t.

Esoj_old

ropati is not a six for sure. he was largely invisible today and it was rovelli and fein running the show. ropati simply doesn't have the skill needed to play at 6 and imo we have better players at centre as well.

fein is going great guns at hooker with gatis coming on as a fine replacement. rovelli is improving at 7 and I think would go even better with hohaia at 6. hohaia would add another playmaking and kicking option and would ease some of rovelli's workload. sione and ropati have been tried at 6 and are not the answer why not try lance there.

Iafeta_old

Probably not. After all, apparently Peter Sterling reckons he's a great and that's all that apparently matters ;-)

Skinny_Ravs82

Iafeta said:
Probably not. After all, apparently Peter Sterling reckons he's a great and that's all that apparently matters ;-)

Maybe he's confusing Ropo with himself! :p
The fact that Ropati got taken off at some stage of the game, perhaps is a sign that if he screw up again (like he hasn't don it enough) then he will definitely get the 'HOOK'