Social Finding Heidi podcast

The bullet evidence didn't matter, there was another piece of evidence,
This is the problem:
I do worry about any reliance on that jailhouse confession to Robert Harris. However I don't know how any jury could believe anything he said anyway.
When the police lose credibility due to planting evidence, can you trust anything in the case?

I knew his brother (not John), and met his father once. I was a kid.

His brother I knew as a very nice guy, they seemed to be well raised. I don't know John but he doesn't seem a psycho.

David is one of the most cold blooded killers I know of. A very nasty bastard, and has no remorse at all.

I am talking about a homicide he committed in 1971.

The victim was a young, slightly built prostitute, just a harmless girl. Those here who know Tamihere will know he is not a slight guy.

He beat her to death, I think with a rifle butt. I think I have the weapon right.

The fecker managed to get off with manslaughter FFS.

I cannot guess what went on in the jury room, but 50 years ago sex workers were considered less than trash. That is the only thing I can think of.

His lawyer, Kevin Ryan, did an excellent job in his defence, but ladies and jellybeans was so concerned at the lack of remorse Tamihere showed he quietly took steps to bring the matter before the authorities.

He was not popular in Paremoremo either. Those on here who know that place will know exactly what I mean.

30 years ago there were not many bastards around with that level of psychopathy, so when a young attractive couple go missing in a remote bush area, and you know for sure there was a connection to David Tamihere, it sure makes him a strong suspect.

Now I will go further on this.

This is an article about Tamihere, comparing his case to that of Arthur Allan Thomas. the article features the late Pat Booth.

Booth was a crusading journalist, quite at home looking for stories about men biting dogs. I knew him personally and had no time for the guy

In the Thomas case there is little doubt the Police planted a bullet. However, he was convicted by two juries and only got off with a pardon because the crazy Prime Minister Muldoon pushed it through cabinet, without any legal authority.

So how did he get convicted?

The bullet evidence didn't matter, there was another piece of evidence, a half stub axle found under the bodies in the river, that had to have come from Thomas's farm.

So the question for the jury, was, did he do it or not? The answer was yes.

So he was convicted. Pat Booth wanted to rave on about the bullet though.

So I have yet to hear the full podcast, and so far I am pissed off with all the farking delay, just get to the point man.

I do worry about any reliance on that jailhouse confession to Robert Harris. However I don't know how any jury could believe anything he said anyway.

Let us see.

It may well be there was another dangerous psycho running around back then.

To be continued.
The podcast (last 3 episodes) basically highlights it wasn't Tamihere acting on his own - some other shady people were either complicit or know more than they have ever mentioned.

Will be interesting to see if it all spurs the case back into action like it did with the teachers pet podcast.

I knew his brother (not John), and met his father once. I was a kid.

His brother I knew as a very nice guy, they seemed to be well raised. I don't know John but he doesn't seem a psycho.

David is one of the most cold blooded killers I know of. A very nasty bastard, and has no remorse at all.

I am talking about a homicide he committed in 1971.

The victim was a young, slightly built prostitute, just a harmless girl. Those here who know Tamihere will know he is not a slight guy.

He beat her to death, I think with a rifle butt. I think I have the weapon right.

The fecker managed to get off with manslaughter FFS.

I cannot guess what went on in the jury room, but 50 years ago sex workers were considered less than trash. That is the only thing I can think of.

His lawyer, Kevin Ryan, did an excellent job in his defence, but ladies and jellybeans was so concerned at the lack of remorse Tamihere showed he quietly took steps to bring the matter before the authorities.

He was not popular in Paremoremo either. Those on here who know that place will know exactly what I mean.

30 years ago there were not many bastards around with that level of psychopathy, so when a young attractive couple go missing in a remote bush area, and you know for sure there was a connection to David Tamihere, it sure makes him a strong suspect.

Now I will go further on this.

This is an article about Tamihere, comparing his case to that of Arthur Allan Thomas. the article features the late Pat Booth.

Booth was a crusading journalist, quite at home looking for stories about men biting dogs. I knew him personally and had no time for the guy

In the Thomas case there is little doubt the Police planted a bullet. However, he was convicted by two juries and only got off with a pardon because the crazy Prime Minister Muldoon pushed it through cabinet, without any legal authority.

So how did he get convicted?

The bullet evidence didn't matter, there was another piece of evidence, a half stub axle found under the bodies in the river, that had to have come from Thomas's farm.

So the question for the jury, was, did he do it or not? The answer was yes.

So he was convicted. Pat Booth wanted to rave on about the bullet though.

So I have yet to hear the full podcast, and so far I am pissed off with all the farking delay, just get to the point man.

Let us see.

It may well be there was another dangerous psycho running around back then.

To be continued.
I know about him getting away with manslaughter after killing the lady with the rifle butt.
When I meet him he was on the run after being bailed for sodomising and I think kidnapping a lady in Avondale.
He told me he lived mainly in the bush and would walk from Whangamata to the tip of Coromandel in the bush without being seen, living off the land. He was a compact well built man, wore rugby shorts in the middle of winter and had a very large knife on a belt and strapped to his leg. A compulsive liar, semi plausible if you had no knowledge of the subject matter.

The podcast (last 3 episodes) basically highlights it wasn't Tamihere acting on his own - some other shady people were either complicit or know more than they have ever mentioned.

Will be interesting to see if it all spurs the case back into action like it did with the teachers pet podcast.
If they ever find Heidi's body, perhaps DNA could put an end to it.
He could have easily overpowered and controlled those two poor souls.

When the police lose credibility due to planting evidence, can you trust anything in the case?
Exactly, our justice system sucks, both in civil and criminal courts.

Malpractice should never be accepted...no matter what.

Just to play the devil's' advocate, the Police did not go out to get Arthur Thomas.

He was never the original suspect. However his name kept on cropping up and it became clear to them he was the offender, and the jury agreed.

Just a few months before then, an innocent English back packer was brutally raped and murdered in Fiordland. the Police were very sure who was responsible, but due to poor resources they had to use untrained Army personnel to search the area. Key incriminating evidence was put into a trash bag and not found for some time. By the time it was found it could not be used.

Police do not like failing to solve high profile crimes, they were stung.

So these cops knowing that Thomas was guilty, and quite a dangerous bastard too, something that was overlooked by the press, might have taken the option to add some evidence to that what they already had.

It was wrong, and stupid, because they didn't need it, but they believed they had to do it to keep a dangerous killer off the streets.

I think the Tamihere case is even more to the point.

A homicidal, psychopathic, serial rapist, is on the loose in a remote bush area frequented by tourists.

Just what do you do?

Now, don't get me wrong, Clint Eastwood made a (quite a good) movie about cops taking the law into their own hands.

...but just asking like...if it were your daughter?
1696471662726.png

You clearly know the guy

Easily, and mentally tortured them, he is a psychopath.
Kevin Ryan, the late lawyer, had defended countless murderers, Tamihere stuck out for his callousness.
kevin's sister is a friend, but I know him through work, all the high profile killers would ask me to contact him to represent them.

As you know his twin Gerald was a league man, ran the game in NZ.

Last edited:
kevin's sister is a friend, but I know him through work, all the high profile killers would ask me to contact him to represent them.

As you know his twin Gerald was a league man, ran the game in NZ.

I only came across one case where Kevin decided not to see a client face to face. I told him the guy could kill anyone with his bare hands and that he had dropped six cops with an elephant tranquilizer on board that should have put him in a medically induced coma.

Kevin asked me what security arrangements would be in place, I told him seventeen staff had been organized for any such visits.

Kevin asked me if I thought he would be safe and I told him honestly that the guy is capable of killing half of us and getting his hands around Kevins neck.

So Kevin went for the wait to see him in the court cells through the bars option.

That year the Warriors were playing like softies and I came in here frustrated and said if they had to work one hour in my job they would piss their pants.
Did you know about some of the fights he had at Paremoremo? He was a nasty bastard.

I am almost through episode 3.
Mouse Mathews is a 100% straight shooter, plays it by the book.
The issue of the number 8 wire is a red herring.
All it shows to me is what a cunning bastard Tamihere is.
A genuine psycho.

This is the problem:

There are lots of ways to rort the system. Planting evidence is just the beginning.

I know two killers that framed someone else for murder because they saw an opportunity when the police rushed into the case with a focus on the wrong guy.

One case I cannot talk about because it is not in the public record.

The other happens to be a childhood friend (more my brothers mate than mine) who was a serial killer. He got caught in the end and is in Pare for one murder, but his first killing is a missing persons case, and his second killing he framed someone else for, the third killing that we all know about was what caught him.

He would have killed more than this, there is no way he went quiet for ten years while women went missing in this country and was not active.

The first public murder was of Tania Furlan, a mother of an infant, at home with no one other than her and baby in the house. The killer used a hammer.

The man who was convicted was a psychopath who proclaimed his innocence and killed himself by electrocution in jail, he left a note saying he was innocent.

The secret witness in that trial just happened to be his best friend, who stole the convicted mans shoes, and conveniently left them bloodied at a church where they would be found and frame the friend.

The Police gave the secret witness a clean slate by wiping his criminal record (extensive and heinous violence against women) they also paid him 30,000.

The Secret witness was later exposed as Travis Burns, my friend, who committed the same serial killer style murder in Whangaparaoa two years later, a mother at home with a baby, a hammer was used.

The police literally set him up in a serial killers dream job with a bank roll so he could case houses and legitimately knock on womens doors dressed like a business man.

Not even Netflix has shows with a serial killer that complicated and a situation so fucked up by police.

I was really angry when I saw Travis was the suspect in the Whangaparaoa murder, the fact that he put a fake plaster cast on his arm, and sped at high speed from the crime, to get his pic on an Eftpos Camera for an alibi.

But I was also selfishly relieved that he had been taken out of circulation, that ended the thoughts I had about killing him if he showed up at mine one day with a hammer.

Nigel Latta exposed the events I told you all in his book.

When we were kids, Travis was a really handsome boy, in his teens at College he had all the girls fawning over him.

One day in English class the school bully was stupid enough to think the quiet, clean cut Travis was an easy target, so he decided to threaten Travis.

Travis tried to kill him with a chair, my mate temporarily restrained him after he had already bashed that kids head on the ground twice with the chair. We got the injured big mouth kid, my mate released Travis, and ran.

All we could hear from outside the prefab class room was windows smashing and screaming, the teacher yelled "Run to the office, All of you, NOW!!!

Happy days. Been around killers all my life so I went and worked with them. As I used to joke, I might as well get paid for it.

Last edited:
Yes I did. First was the depositions where the evidence was presented to the Judge to ascertain if there was enough to go to trial, thats how I understood it at the time. Then, quite a few months later the trial. I gave evidence at both.
I was cross examined by the defence at depositions. It went like this.
' Please look at the written statement in front of you" Okay

' Is that your signature at the bottom of the second page' Yes

Is the person mentioned in your statement in the courtroom today' Yes

Please describe to the Court what that person is wearing. I described DT's attire

With your right index finger, please point to that person ' I did and DT winked at me.

Detective Hughes said that was just for the defence to see if a witness may be nervous so that later on if it went to trial, those that appeared nervous could be grilled and become unsure of their testimony.
At trial I was not questioned and DT did not even look at me.

I know you have seen the worst of humanity, frankly I don't know how those in your profession cope with going home and trying to switch to a normal enviroment.

Thanks for sharing. You put us in the courtroom, you showed more courage than I did my first time.

The night I was held hostage while men were killed, and then I ran away because I was being shot at, I obviously (eventually) ended up face to face with a Police officer while sheltering in a farm house.

I was quite young, only in my very early twenties. So the first thing I asked after giving a long and detailed statement was "Is there a way I can go to court and he not see me?".

I was that afraid of the killer.

Two nights later my brother took me for a night out at the Forge nightclub in Papakua to get me away from the whole scene.

As for your comment about not knowing how people do this kind of work, I have heard that a lot in my life.

I am not a brave man, I guess in my case the fear of being thought a coward drove me to confront the worst possible thing I could dream up, and that turned out to be a decision to not be a victim of attempted murder all my life, and to go work with these people directly and have some control.

There was one work place that got the better of me. I found one day that when I got jumped the staff who I thought were mates were slow to step in.

I stayed one year past that incident to prove a point to myself, and as the staff got to know me a couple came and apologized when they were drunk at staff functions.

I took a break and worked with non Crims, then went back to the world of lock down.

My first shift I had to use two hands to direct the big Jailers key into the lock because my right hand was trembling really bad.

I have met in my life, and I am sure many here have, people much braver than that.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. You put us in the courtroom, you showed more courage than I did my first time.

The night I was held hostage while men were killed, and then I ran away because I was being shot at, I obviously (eventually) ended up face to face with a Police officer while sheltering in a farm house.

I was quite young, only in my very early twenties. So the first thing I asked after giving a long and detailed statement was "Is there a way I can go to court and he not see me?".

I was that afraid of the killer.

Two nights later my brother took me for a night out at the Forge nightclub in Papakua to get me away from the whole scene.

Anyway my Brother asked his GF to bring a mate for company for his bro. The woman's name was Jill. Randomly during that night of terrible music (Rock the boat don't rock the boat baby, and I'm walking on sunshine) this woman Jill says to me "I heard you were a witness in the Murders that Stevo did".

Caught off guard I said yeah It was terrible.

Jill asked me if I talked to the police and I said I had to yeah - without taking a breath she said "Stevo is my cousin and I am seeing him this weekend, I will tell him you Narked and he will fucken kill you, an you know he will".

Like I say I never had to go and do what you did, Stephen Machette confessed to the killings and during his Psych evaluation he said his only regret was not getting to kill me and my Uncle and cousin.

If you search up these murders online you will find zero digital footprint, because the three of us swore to never talk to the media about it, so we silenced the affair for the sake of the families.

As for your comment about not knowing how people do this kind of work, I have heard that a lot in my life.

I am not a brave man, I was chicken as a kid. I had brothers who were tough and brave. I wished I was more like them. I guess in my case the fear of being thought a coward drove me to confront the worst possible challenges I could so that I could live with myself and look my kids in the eye and say being scared is okay.

There was one work place that got the better of me. A Maxi prison for the criminally insane. I found one day that when I got jumped the staff who I thought were mates were slow to step in.

I stayed one year past that incident to prove a point to myself, and as the staff got to know me a couple came and apologized when they were drunk at staff functions.

I took a break and worked with non Crims with mental illnesses for a year then moved to Wellington and went straight back into their Maxi unit for the criminally insane to get back on the horse.

My first shift I had to use two hands to direct the big Jailers key into the lock because my right hand was trembling really bad.

I have met in my life, and I am sure many here have, people much braver than that.
I didn't show more courage than you. I didn't have the daily face to face contact with killers that you did, I just had a brush with one and even if he were found not guilty he was facing the kidnapping and sodomy charge. Granted, I didn't consider any impact on my wife and three kids and we did live in the back blocks of Coromandel.
I forget the name of the bloke Burns framed, the one that killed himself inside. I read his book and only recently gave it to the op shop as we are moving and was having a clear out. Quite clearly framed, I couldn't believe what the Police did and why. Nobody was going to listen to his protestations of innocence.
I think Burns may have also killed a teenaged in the back of a police van or a holding cell as well. You will know about this.
As you say, death penalty is the best solution for some just to protect society.

Back