General Sonny bill williams In Green and Gold

bigstu

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
so when sbw returns to league next year how will people feel when he turns down the kiwis jersey for a NSW jumper and finally gets his chance to play origin then a kangaroos jersey for the rugby league world cup in 2013? because from all reports when he doe's return that is his main motivation to play origin.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
i can see him walking straight into the nsw team. he'll be fitter and stronger now than he has ever been before due to his boxing training, he might dominate. good luck to him.

after this year i think its undeniable that soo is the pinnacle of the sport

Jesbass

NSW Cup Player
Apr 2, 2012
He never won in a black and white jersey, so he may still have unfinished business there...

Dankokoro 2.0

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 11, 2012
Unless his goal is to make everyone in NZ and Australia hate him, i seriously doubt it.. He still has a lot of supporters/admirers here which he would immediately lose if he agreed to play for NSW. No one would defend him anymore. Say what you like about him.. he's only human being and so most likely cares about what other people think about him. I don't think he's quite as soulless as some people make him out to be.

Whatever he does... i hope he does the least controversial thing possible so they don't spend all day every day on Radio Sport talking about him. Drives me fuckin' nuts.. (although here i am talking about him)

Reactions: Fan003 and Jesbass

scottyb

Warriors tragic
Contributor
May 11, 2012
He never won in a black and white jersey, so he may still have unfinished business there...
seeing as he was the youngest ever test player for nz when he played against australia in 04 the i'm assuming he has already worn the black and white
having re-read the post i now realise you said won not worn, my bad, personally i cant see it happening, he is too proud a kiwi to turn his back on his country.

Dankokoro 2.0

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 11, 2012
Actually Jesbass.. the All Black jersey is black and white now so he has in fact won in a black and white jersey.

Jks..

Imagine if i was like that?

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
seeing as he was the youngest ever test player for nz when he played against australia in 04 the i'm assuming he has already worn the black and white
having re-read the post i now realise you said won not worn, my bad, personally i cant see it happening, he is too proud a kiwi to turn his back on his country.
"never won in a black jersey", not won a black jersey..

He would really kill off any liking of him for a league fans point of view if this happened, but the ABs would still welcome him back with a massive erection.

Jesbass

NSW Cup Player
Apr 2, 2012
Actually Jesbass.. the All Black jersey is black and white now so he has in fact won in a black and white jersey.

Jks..

Imagine if i was like that?
Just imagine...

:p

Before my post gets removed for providing no substance...

Sonny Bill Williams played 8 test for the Kiwis - 7 against Australia (for 1 draw and 6 losses) and 1 against Great Britain (for 1 loss).

Interestingly, he was already in the frame for the 2005 Tri-Nations, (because he was a 2004 and 2006 Kiwi). Was he injured, or just out of form?

I remember after he left in 2008 hearing a quote along the lines of him having nothing left to prove in rugby league. Then a few months later, this happened:

I genuinely wonder if he feels the same way, or if his rumoured move to the Roosters is tied in for a potential World Cup appearance in 2013.

Dankokoro 2.0

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 11, 2012
I genuinely wonder if he feels the same way, or if his rumoured move to the Roosters is tied in for a potential World Cup appearance in 2013.
Yeah, i think that's way more likely than him defecting.. although.. a kiwis world cup win is far less likely than an all blacks WC.

Question.. because we're defending champs, do we get a free run to the finals? i.e. not have to play england/australia in the semi? Or does it depend what happens in pool play or what?

koolkat

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Nelson
he wouldn't do that I'm sure.benji marshal is case in point.he played for Australia at school boy level and he was eligible to play for the kangaroos. But,his whaka papa roots where in New Zealand and that's that. and facing a Hakka of your brothers would be to much for him.you can take the boy out of new Zealand but can't take new Zealand out of boy.and that goes for SBW as well

Jesbass

NSW Cup Player
Apr 2, 2012
Yeah, i think that's way more likely than him defecting.. although.. a kiwis world cup win is far less likely than an all blacks WC.

Question.. because we're defending champs, do we get a free run to the finals? i.e. not have to play england/australia in the semi? Or does it depend what happens in pool play or what?
I don't think so. Australia had to play all their pool matches and semis etc, and they'd held the cup since stubbies were cool (ages ago).

Jesbass

NSW Cup Player
Apr 2, 2012
he wouldn't do that I'm sure.benji marshal is case in point.he played for Australia at school boy level and he was eligible to play for the kangaroos. But,his whaka papa roots where in New Zealand and that's that. and facing a Hakka of your brothers would be to much for him.you can take the boy out of new Zealand but can't take new Zealand out of boy.and that goes for SBW as well
That sounds nice and patriotic, but it doesn't necessarily hold true.

astatic2.stuff.co.nz_1278634951_023_3902023.jpg

The real question that needs to be asked is something along the lines of: "Does Sonny Bill Williams want to be remembered as a great Kiwi athlete, or as an athlete who made the best teams in the different codes he played?"

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
That sounds nice and patriotic, but it doesn't necessarily hold true.

astatic2.stuff.co.nz_1278634951_023_3902023.jpg

The real question that needs to be asked is something along the lines of: "Does Sonny Bill Williams want to be remembered as a great Kiwi athlete, or as an athlete who made the best teams in the different codes he played?"

Why is Bakkies Botha in that picture?

Reactions: Jesbass and OMG

Danpatmac

he played his first senior league in NSW, he hasn't played for the Kiwis in 5 years ... he is eligible for NSW

iago

Warriors Bench Player
Jun 16, 2012
I'd love to see him don the green and gold. It'd be truly lol stuff. I would not be surprised either. He'll probably argue that everyone loves Brad Thorn for all his 'achievements', and they should celebrate him too. Actually given the recent stuff with Tamou, Te'o, and the pay packet that comes with Origin...do not at all be surprised if he straps on an NSW jumper next year. I'd even wager that train of thought would have impacted on his decision to return to league. The ARL won't mind one bit either. If the SoO series this year was the highest rated ever, imagine it next year with SBW making his NSW debut...you could hate him with a passion but I bet you'll be watching.

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
If there is one thing about SBW is, he has always been a proud kiwi so I couldn't see it happening but imagine the outrage from the NSW fans you'd never hear the end of it, he is still very very hated in OZ.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings