General Songs Played At The Stadium.

• Thread starter The Manntis o\/o
  • Start date

The Manntis o\/o

Just a suggestion as the songs I heard at yesterdays game doesn't really fit in..mostly RnB.

How about using one of our kiwi artist who has one a couple of grammy's..Kimbra's song WARRIOR!
The Chorus :
Cry for the ones you love ( meaning cry for the team we love )
I'll be your Warrior your Warrior!!
Cry for the ones you love
Here is the link..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz5I_rpJKOg
start play at song time 1:19 - 1:36 9= 17 seconds
Just an idea...because it has more meaning than hearing the other songs we hear during game day.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Just a suggestion as the songs I heard at yesterdays game doesn't really fit in..mostly RnB.

How about using one of our kiwi artist who has one a couple of grammy's..Kimbra's song WARRIOR!
The Chorus :
Cry for the ones you love ( meaning cry for the team we love )
Cry for the ones you love
Here is the link..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz5I_rpJKOg
start play at song time 1:19 - 1:36 9= 17 seconds
Just an idea...because it has more meaning than hearing the other songs we hear during game day.
I didnt mind it. Depends on your taste I suppose. One thing I will add, as I always do when this topic is brought up, is bring back Dave Dobbyns Loyal at the end of every game!!!

Reactions: 1 users

The Manntis o\/o

Or... no songs at all. That'd be nice.
Yeah.in theory the songs could be the reason to drown out crowd verbal behavior. I know when the songs weren't played we would hear more on the crowd i.e. mocking the players with bomb etc.

Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

Yeah.in theory the songs could be the reason to drown out crowd verbal behavior. I know when the songs weren't played we would hear more on the crowd i.e. mocking the players with bomb etc.

That might be why they moved one of the speakers right next to where me and my mate used to stand. We used to take a thick blanket to put over it to muffle the volume so the opposition players could still hear us give them shit.

Reactions: 1 user
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Nah the music is there to create atmosphere and make noise in general IMO. Think it was 3 to 5 years ago they never used any music for a couple seasons and the place at times was as happening as a cemetery. Its fine when we are playing well and winning but the place can be depressing as hell when we're not. There was even that period when the Broncos were leading and time was running out that the crowd was pretty silent and the music came on and filled the void. Some of the song choices are definately a bit left field but overall I like it.

One thing they can do away with is that AUE, HI thingy!!!

Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

Nah the music is there to create atmosphere and make noise in general IMO.
True - I'd prefer the crowd to sing and chant, to be honest, but that's not going to happen in NZ. Unless it's a one word chant of "Warriors", you couldn't see us being organised enough to have crowd songs like the poms do.

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Nah the music is there to create atmosphere and make noise in general IMO. Think it was 3 to 5 years ago they never used any music for a couple seasons and the place at times was as happening as a cemetery. Its fine when we are playing well and winning but the place can be depressing as hell when we're not. There was even that period when the Broncos were leading and time was running out that the crowd was pretty silent and the music came on and filled the void. Some of the song choices are definately a bit left field but overall I like it.

One thing they can do away with is that AUE, HI thingy!!!

There are certainly songs that can be inappropriate. I rang a Police Station one day and was put on hold, the song playing was 'I shot the Sherriff'.

Reactions: 4 users
BiggerD

BiggerD

Phil Gould..(the Channel 9) commentator said that he liked coming to Mount Smart
because they had the Best DJ of All the grounds , he has been too..

He likes the Reggae

Buck777

The weirdest one I've heard is in 09 when we were standing under the posts for the hundredth time, and they played 'Hit me, hit me, hit me with your rhythm stick' lol

Many years ago at the beginning of the warriors entry they used to play ' Skippy, the bush kangaroo' when we scored, but too many visiting teams complained.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
True - I'd prefer the crowd to sing and chant, to be honest, but that's not going to happen in NZ. Unless it's a one word chant of "Warriors", you couldn't see us being organised enough to have crowd songs like the poms do.
Sadly the 'WARRIORS' and 'DEFENCE' has been slowly gettting less and less since about 2006. It used to be always on every other set but now its probably only 8 times a game if your lucky. Havent even heard the 'YOU FUCKED UP' or the 'TOUCHIES A WANKER' one in awhile too??? :(

Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

When my sons started up a 'He won't get it' chant at the Eden Park game last year, everyone around us just politely laughed instead of joining in. Sad.

Reactions: 2 users

Buck777

Sadly the 'WARRIORS' and 'DEFENCE' has been slowly gettting less and less since about 2006. It used to be always on every other set but now its probably only 8 times a game if your lucky. Havent even heard the 'YOU FUCKED UP' or the 'TOUCHIES A WANKER' one in awhile too??? :(
You speak the truth. It used to make me laugh on a previous forum where they would hold up as a badge of honour that they were one of the 4765 spectators at the game. Which was played in deathly silence, but they'd post like they chanted Warriors the whole game. Which bay were you in? Silence.

Sup42

Sup42

Lent my Seats to my brother yesterday.

He gets there ( first time he's used my seats ) and the row is filled by some tough nuts who tell him his seats are somewhere else.

I've seat jumped before ( to get out of the rain after kick off ) but I'd never tell the owner of the seat to go elsewhere if they showed up for their seats.

mrblonde

mrblonde

Also, I think they've miked up the drums. They seem louder this year. Or is that because there's another member or two? (There's never any shots of the drummers on the screens so I wouldn't have a clue)

And the drummers seem to go through periods where they feel they have to play for longer rather than just a few seconds here and there.

I agree about the haka/chant thing. That can be given the flick.

Must be the Kiwi in me but I don't like constant chanting/singing etc. Obviously, if there's something on-field - a try, great defence etc - that justifies it than fair enough but doing constantly implies to me that the singers/chanters actually would rather be doing something else rather than watching a sports match. It's a level above American waves (Mexican waves didn't originate in Mexico)... Mind you, if you're in a group sitting near a microphone/speaker why not maybe make some noise to get attention and make it sound like the whole crowd's singing?

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
personal hate - the Mexican wave, it shows disrespect to the game and the players. Generally gets trotted out when people get bored.

my most embarrassing moment at a game, everyone is yelling and screaming and as usual the ref is a plonker, just given a penalty to the wrong team again, so I yell out as loud as I can " How much did they fucken pay you this week Ref!" just so happened that everyone else had just stopped to take a breath and my voice rang out clear and sweet (oh the memories get better year by year). The ref was walking back and heard it clear as day he even turned and looked into the crowd to spot me. Everyone in the bay was laughing (hopefully at the ref and with me, yea that's right with me). Since then ive toned it down a bit. its not there fault there inept. They are after all the best of whats available.

I have high hopes more players like H. Peranara (?spelling) will get involved and that time can only show improvements

Reactions: 3 users
Sup42

Sup42

personal hate - the Mexican wave, it shows disrespect to the game and the players. Generally gets trotted out when people get bored.

my most embarrassing moment at a game, everyone is yelling and screaming and as usual the ref is a plonker, just given a penalty to the wrong team again, so I yell out as loud as I can " How much did they fucken pay you this week Ref!" just so happened that everyone else had just stopped to take a breath and my voice rang out clear and sweet (oh the memories get better year by year). The ref was walking back and heard it clear as day he even turned and looked into the crowd to spot me. Everyone in the bay was laughing (hopefully at the ref and with me, yea that's right with me). Since then ive toned it down a bit. its not there fault there inept. They are after all the best of whats available.

I have high hopes more players like H. Peranara (?spelling) will get involved and that time can only show improvements
I feel your Shame.
Eden park World Cup Final I yell Bills a ..............Harigan gives the teen age me a Stare down that haunts me too this day LOL ( THAT WAS ME BILL OLD EDEN PARK BEHIND THE GOAL POST BILL POSTS !!!!! )

Jay M

Jay M

My season tickets last year in the Upper East (sitting in a different spot this year) were about 2-3 rows in front of one of the loudest hecklers I've heard (I really hope you're on this forum somewhere, because you made us crack up so much last year). Some examples include:

"Ref - they're supposed to be behind you" - *rest of row yells out* "just like your boyfriend" (on opposition ball obviously)

And in response to the Mt Smart ground announcer broadcasting "please remember to watch your language - there are children in the ground"
"Ref - you're making me want to swear in front of the kids"...

As for guys seat-jumping before kick off - that's not on...

And I miss the defence every second set of six...

Numbnutsnz

Numbnutsnz

Who ever plays the songs is a muppet and Brown is a disgrace. He's an embarrassment and I'd be benching him before any players.

The music is cringe worthy but if they are going to persist with it, why not keep it strictly Kiwi music. There is plenty out there.

Jay M

Jay M

well based on our forum nickname - they obviously need to open up each game with "Welcome to the Jungle" ;)