Player Solomone Kata

Solomone Kata

Hitman82 submitted a new Showcase Item:

Solomone Kata

• Played in the inaugural 2014 Warriors Nines team
  • Educated at Sacred Heart College (Auckland)
  • Represented Tonga U21 Rugby Union

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mt.wellington

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Just a thought .... was Kata any worse than Aitken ( still early days)?

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

YeahNah 4020

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 6, 2017
Just a thought .... was Kata any worse than Aitken ( still early days)?
I’m liking Aitken on D solid hits
He did let that try in against the cowboys but there were a few things happening on that edge at the time, I think RTS HIA and Kodi had just been half knocked out a few plays prior

On attack runs ok no passing game but haven’t seen him jump from dummy half yet

Last edited:
Reactions: bruce and jonesy101

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
Kata started strong, was OKish on D, heaps of barge over tries.. But a couple years in he was found out by opposing centres, and didn't/couldn't adapt his game to survive. Obviously his lack of passing limited his true strength, his running game, due to the face everyone knew what he going to do. Then his D slipped, and the rest is history. I'm surprised he didn't get some games with the Storm, I didn't think he had fallen THAT far off the pace.

Aitken has the similar trait of not being a great passer to his wing, but is a better defender and is a bit more of a "footy player" ball in hand. Kata would just try run through people.

Warrior482

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 12, 2012
Kata when he was on was a great player. Still remember a trial game in Dunedin where he played a bit of dummy half and looked very good. Like konnie I think kata was played out of position most of his career

Reactions: bruce

The Batman

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
Kata did the classic weak attempt shirt grab on Christie when he scored that epic try for Blues against Brumbies. Still has not learned how to tackle or get his shoulder in correct position

Reactions: bruce

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Aitken runs lines - draws defence to him as we cut out pass to the wing. Players in motion. He creates options for the half (or Walsh) to pass to while playing at the line. We are starting to play with attacking structure on that flank because we have footy IQ.

Defensively he improves the side as well. There is always going to be tries with the attack based competition we now have, but as combinations build that edge will get even better.

Putting it simply, Kata did none of the above.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
I agree with this, 2022 will be Aitken left centre Berry right
With the news the club is looking at Widdop, where do you reckon that leaves the Manu potential signing. That would see Widdop in the halves, Walsh fullback and Berry in the centres surely. I was thinking the Joseph Manu was a happening thing also, not sure how it would fit now.

Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings