Reaction score

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
After asking many questions .An watching hours of footage .An studying copious
Amounts of stats .
I sat down an made a pros an cons list
My question was why does SK persist in selecting SK
An then it all suddenly became crystal clear .

Reaction score

Christofolos

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
On that note anybody know how Lolohea is going in the uk?
Ok, here comes the rant, nothing to do with you personally but your comments about tui got me going lol not in a bad way but retrospectively. The sheer amount of talent we have wasted or mismanaged in the past 15 years quite simply disgusts me, tui is a good example, others that spring to mind are Konnie, SJ, and yes, even kata. There are boundless others, and while we all argue about the personal merits or otherwise of these players we are all missing the big picture, which is the club, the way it has been run from owners, through the board, through coaching appointments, until we have what we have now, pretty much a pile of crap compared to where we could be.
Allow me to paint you a picture. The club has just been sold, the new owner appoints a coach, who is living on his mates sofa, turns up for first training session and there is one player there. Thinks ok, this guy seems ok but may need more help for an NRL season, holds open trials from all local league clubs, forms a squad of rookies from this and makes top 8 first season, grand final second season, preliminary final third season, then weirdly gets outed from concerned “senior playing group” and gets the boot from the board. That aside, in the meantime has turned kiwi grass roots league into a process unheard of in this country and has also flummoxed not only the poms but also the Aussies as the kiwi coach, which is when the aussies started becoming seriously concerned about us as a challenge. His mindset towards the game internationally was groundbreaking for us, his mindset towards NRL games each week was a headfuck for opposing coaches, his ability to turn players who were previously nobodies into world class rugby league players is unopposed. This guy, if allowed to continue, I believe, would have made Bennett and Bellamy look like kindergarten teachers.
However, to take things in perspective, he had free rein, no preconceived notions around him, no ex players around the club digging their heels in and getting in the younger guys ears, people the young boys respect. Much harder to do in the current climate, unless it’s a guy everybody respects, which is where things get tough. As a 20 year old coming through do you feel comfortable asking Ruben Wiki to take his stupid fucking Kava Sessions somewhere else? ( BTW have met Ruben, lovely bloke ) Do you feel comfortable telling Tony Kemp he’a a fucking muppet? How about Jerry Seu-Seu? Lovely bloke but never a big thinker. Who do you now bring in as coach? The guys on the fringes ie ex players ex kiwis etc might not respect Hasler or Toovey, then they’re in the ears of the players, but they respect the Kearney / Kidwell model, so you go with mana. No disrespect to Kearney or kidwell, they have both served their time under top coaches but for my money are not up to top four coaching at this point.
What we need is a hard nosed coach, probably Australian at this point, who can negate the one sided referees and get us into the game, give us an even playing field. Local guys like Stacey can them follow on from there, only way a kiwi coach can succeed in this club.
This can only start with the board, who answer to the owners. Fuck knows why Steve Price isn’t on our board, or director of football, the guy is an Aussie but super respected over here, has a business degree while our entire board has not a single member with a football background ( that may have changed with new owners )
So, back to your original question lol the reason we have so many players who looked talented but look like arse when they play for us, or wait too long to move to other clubs, is because we have shit systems in place in our club, with poor coaches going in the wrong direction, aided fully by a crap board if directors and shit ownership.
Even if Johno takes the piss out of this ending i’m gonna do it
✌ motherfuckers

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Someone should do a poll on whether Kata should be dropped.

I’d be interested to see what people think.

Reaction score
Akkerz

Akkerz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Ok, here comes the rant, nothing to do with you personally but your comments about tui got me going lol not in a bad way but retrospectively. The sheer amount of talent we have wasted or mismanaged in the past 15 years quite simply disgusts me, tui is a good example, others that spring to mind are Konnie, SJ, and yes, even kata. There are boundless others, and while we all argue about the personal merits or otherwise of these players we are all missing the big picture, which is the club, the way it has been run from owners, through the board, through coaching appointments, until we have what we have now, pretty much a pile of crap compared to where we could be.
Allow me to paint you a picture. The club has just been sold, the new owner appoints a coach, who is living on his mates sofa, turns up for first training session and there is one player there. Thinks ok, this guy seems ok but may need more help for an NRL season, holds open trials from all local league clubs, forms a squad of rookies from this and makes top 8 first season, grand final second season, preliminary final third season, then weirdly gets outed from concerned “senior playing group” and gets the boot from the board. That aside, in the meantime has turned kiwi grass roots league into a process unheard of in this country and has also flummoxed not only the poms but also the Aussies as the kiwi coach, which is when the aussies started becoming seriously concerned about us as a challenge. His mindset towards the game internationally was groundbreaking for us, his mindset towards NRL games each week was a headfuck for opposing coaches, his ability to turn players who were previously nobodies into world class rugby league players is unopposed. This guy, if allowed to continue, I believe, would have made Bennett and Bellamy look like kindergarten teachers.
However, to take things in perspective, he had free rein, no preconceived notions around him, no ex players around the club digging their heels in and getting in the younger guys ears, people the young boys respect. Much harder to do in the current climate, unless it’s a guy everybody respects, which is where things get tough. As a 20 year old coming through do you feel comfortable asking Ruben Wiki to take his stupid fucking Kava Sessions somewhere else? ( BTW have met Ruben, lovely bloke ) Do you feel comfortable telling Tony Kemp he’a a fucking muppet? How about Jerry Seu-Seu? Lovely bloke but never a big thinker. Who do you now bring in as coach? The guys on the fringes ie ex players ex kiwis etc might not respect Hasler or Toovey, then they’re in the ears of the players, but they respect the Kearney / Kidwell model, so you go with mana. No disrespect to Kearney or kidwell, they have both served their time under top coaches but for my money are not up to top four coaching at this point.
What we need is a hard nosed coach, probably Australian at this point, who can negate the one sided referees and get us into the game, give us an even playing field. Local guys like Stacey can them follow on from there, only way a kiwi coach can succeed in this club.
This can only start with the board, who answer to the owners. Fuck knows why Steve Price isn’t on our board, or director of football, the guy is an Aussie but super respected over here, has a business degree while our entire board has not a single member with a football background ( that may have changed with new owners )
So, back to your original question lol the reason we have so many players who looked talented but look like arse when they play for us, or wait too long to move to other clubs, is because we have shit systems in place in our club, with poor coaches going in the wrong direction, aided fully by a crap board if directors and shit ownership.
Even if Johno takes the piss out of this ending i’m gonna do it
✌ motherfuckers
Well said and it's about time we woke up to the fact that in this NRL comp the Warriors are just making up the numbers. Sadly it's those like Sol that get the brunt of the anger which should be rightfully directed at the board, the coach & his half arsed assistants and the owners who I suspect are having quite a lot of influence on what players make up the team. Dreamers the lot of them. Warrior World coming soon to the Gold Coast.

Reaction score

Christofolos

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
So you have nothing to actually back up your talk. As I thought.

You stated kata is the worst offender in the club. And you post a clip from a game last year! I know people find it hard to take you seriously and I can see why.

Show me the stats. Most handling errors? Missed tackles? Something?

Like I have said, Kata is not the greatest but go back and actually look and analyse how those tries were scored in the weekend. Look at the plays leading up to them.

Or stick to the emotional, irrational tripe that you are.

Oh, and the Chinese are pushing up Auckland house prices and the homosexuals caused the earthquakes.

Thank you Bishop jonno Peters
You’re right in one way, hard to take Johno seriously sometimes as I have found at times, but you’re flogging a dead horse here man, i’m with Johno on this one. You want stats, you say Johno has nothing to back up his comments? Sorry, you just have to watch the guy play, that’s all you need. Kearney backing up his boy in the media this week is also all you need to know about him, the whole deal all stinks a mile high. Give anybody else a go, worst that can happen is that kata gets a coupla weeks reserve grade and somebody else gets a shot, if it doesn’t work then you, Kearney and kata are vindicated. And kata also realised that working hard on the training pitch doesn’t get you automatically in the FG squad, which is SK stupidity for promoting this in the first place

Reaction score

Christofolos

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
This was well before that 1st try. He came out of the line and put a good spot tackle on, came away limping and it did seem to hamper him rest of the game.....could've been a Steve Matai grab his neck every 5 minutes, but looked legit to me....not that I think it'd make a difference to the lynch mob here.
Lynch mob? Maybe you’re right, but I disagree. Kata is Jerome ropate v2.0, only way he’s out of the team is through injury, then straight back into FG when fit. You say lynch mob, I say when I see a lemon I recognise a lemon, and most folks on this forum say the same. I recognise that kata had and has potential, and also recognise that he hasn’t been managed to bring his full potential out, but at the end of the day, for whatever reason, he’s not up to first grade, so fix him, as SK claimed he was doing in off season ( hasn’t happened thanks Steve) or drop him. Amen

Reaction score

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Not a first grader. Never will be.

Reaction score
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
His 'win a wish' lasts for another week. What a pretender.

Reaction score
DallyM

DallyM

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
thats his forth shit performance in a row..... enjoy peeps

Reaction score
nhl capitals

nhl capitals

U20's Player
Reaction score
Dont blame kata its kearneys process as there is no one else to pick from see you next week

Reaction score
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'll give him credit for a try saving tackle... that's all the credit he gets though. Slipped off Kahu who made an additional 15m+ and the Cows scored off that set and went for glory 30m out when the ball should've been shifted to the left.

Reaction score

NZDoug

U20's Player
Reaction score
What about a one for one player swap with Dancing with the Stars, they get Bam, we get the Beast back?

Reaction score
wrighty

wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
What about a one for one player swap with Dancing with the Stars, they get Bam, we get the Beast back?
In the NHL the running joke is that all you can hope for in a trade for a bad player is a bag full of pucks. That is about the territory we are getting into with Kata and several other key culprits.

Reaction score

NZDoug

U20's Player
Reaction score
In the NHL the running joke is that all you can hope for in a trade for a bad player is a bag full of pucks. That is about the territory we are getting into with Kata and several other key culprits.
But its a bag full of clucks.
Go Leafs, Go!
Feeling comfy with CTH.
Was diggin’ Roache Attack.

Reaction score
Salatape

Salatape

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
When Kata makes yet another run from dummy half

Top Bottom