General So, Misi Taulapapa got the boot and Sione stays....

teariki_old

Misi got the boot for alcohol-related incidents. Sione stays despite several alcohol-related incidents. Tavita Latu got his NRL license torn up for king-hitting a woman while drunk. Sione reportedly king-hit a man while drunk. Sione reportedly abused his coach AND his vice-captain while drunk. Sione reportedly assaulted a member of the public at an ATM machine. That's 3 strikes, isn't it? So, why is he still at the Warriors and why hasn't he been booted out of the NRL?

KeepingTheFaith_old

Latu and Misi were young players just establishing themselves in first grade. Sione is a first grade player, the Warriors most creative ballplayer and someone who would command plenty of attention from rival clubs if he were off contract.

Does it make it right? Nope of course not, but that's reality. Sad but true. Dane Tilse got sacked and deregistered for a year and what he did was no worse than what Craig Gower did, and all he got was a fine and loss of captaincy.

Skinny_Ravs82

Some of this stuff happens behind closed doors. It's pretty stupid and I'm annoyed how some players get treated like crap out there in the bublic while others only get a nice slap on the wrist.

Jesbass_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Some of this stuff happens behind closed doors. It's pretty stupid and I'm annoyed how some players get treated like crap out there in the bublic while others only get a nice slap on the wrist.

Well, it sounds like they both had the same number of warnings. But it also sounds like Taulapapa's was happening on a more frequent basis. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

KTF's point still stands, though. I wonder what the Sharks would have done had the name of the player who hit the woman at the petrol station been not Latu, but Kimmorley. (This is, by the way, not a suggestion that Kimmorley acts in such a manner.)

Skinny_Ravs82

LOL, well I should hope NOddy's not that dumb :p but as you said if it was him and not Latu then it would have been interesting to see what would have been done. Although looking at what Gower did...