Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Steve price worked really well as his missus is a kiwi - Brent tate was his brother in law? So when they were over here had a good crew and support. It’s easy to bag the missus and guys wanting a release early/not fitting into the scene. It’s a hard one, especially with kids/ or without and no family / friends to support and first time away from Oz. Webby done the hard yards in the north of England and understands the ups and downs and that it’s different but in a good way. This can be a career defining club. Look at Egan and Jacko ford. Making the most of it. We just gotta take a chance until we can build a club from the juniors up
I just read the NZ herald article of Marcello and his partner and how they loved living here and how he wanted to finish his career here with the club. Very refreshing.

Damn he was good for us in NSW Cup. Who are our cup halves now, Farr and Tuapaki?

If we lose Metcalf too we're light on depth. Who's 7 cover when SJ goes down, Walker, Chanel and TMM? I'm getting worried again.
Luke Hanson could get a run in the halves. I haven't seen him play, but from all reports he's got a decent future ahead of him.

Isn't he still just a backup to Hunt and Flanagan though? Unless Hunt is leaving after all.

Man how bad are the Dragons halves right now.
Got rid of Sullivan who was decent.
Amone will get his contract torn up shortly.
Ben Hunt publically doesn't wanna be there.
Flanno only signed as daddy is coach.

Even then, Volk is only next in line at the Dragons which is a similar position here. Although this does make me wonder if CHT is now considered a half option (not sure why, I just considered he'd be a bench utility now). CHT always had a lot of those great qualities that made him a good clubman, maybe with a better coach and structured team his half play has improved markedly. I mean, most players improved under Webby so maybe CHT is smashing it

Any evidence or just making up stories again? It's amazing how many people can't see Metcalf's value.

Speaking of making up stories....

Never said anything negative about Metcalf, also said he was a good signing. And yes it is free to speculate on whether he sticks around long term, the balance of probabilities are that he is more likely to see a future back home if he cracks it than at Penrose.

Go back and re read the post you quoted, slowly.

Last edited:
Haven’t seen in any articles that Volkman going is a loan but would have to assume that’s the case being he’s signed here until 2025 and only a 12 month contract with the dragons? Also nothing to say the Warriors are releasing him, wonder if it’s designed to get him some more first grade experience or to clear a spot on the roster for 2024?

Back