Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The new govt has basically removed the government telling us what to do:

The govt won’t decide who smokes, owns gun, what language we speak, what transport to use, etc.

All the people on here complaining that the government isn’t telling us what to do need to reflect on why the last govt was hated so much… the whinging and mock outrage is very entertaining!

Helen Clarke got turfed when they started telling us what shower heads to use as well. I can’t believe some of you are so into communism 🤣
The thing is Wiz, you seem like a decent person. This isn't about left and right, it's about right and wrong and how to treat people. How to build a decent, fair and caring society that doesn't leave people behind.

A progressive world

The new govt has basically removed the government telling us what to do:

The govt won’t decide who smokes, owns gun, what language we speak, what transport to use, etc.

All the people on here complaining that the government isn’t telling us what to do need to reflect on why the last govt was hated so much… the whinging and mock outrage is very entertaining!

Helen Clarke got turfed when they started telling us what shower heads to use as well. I can’t believe some of you are so into communism 🤣
btw communism - ffs come on. No one even knows the meaning of that word anymore

And so it begins:

After several briefings from Treasury officials over the weekend, she said the books were in worse shape than she had initially thought.

"The briefing from Treasury was sobering and what they also revealed to me is that there are some nasty surprises in the books. The outgoing government has left us with some significant fiscal risks; projects that look like they're going to blow out and cost, and some some fiscal cliffs; programmes that there isn't funding for the future for, that hasn't been budgeted for, even though most people would expect those programmes are continuing."
Yeah that's pretty common ... nearly all incoming govts from the Muldoon govt have said the same ... when the books were opened.... nothing new here...

Quite telling isn't - who is resorting to trolling in this thread in the face of reasonable criticism of the policy being rolled out.
Trolling? It’s completely dependent on your perspective to begin with. I don’t agree that the criticism is broadly reasonable, some of it is, however some is in my opinion completely over the top. The majority voted conclusively for change, and that’s what we’re getting.

Trolling? It’s completely dependent on your perspective to begin with. I don’t agree that the criticism is broadly reasonable, some of it is, however some is in my opinion completely over the top. The majority voted conclusively for change, and that’s what we’re getting.
Fair comment on the change bit.

Yes, the majority voted for a change of government - but to characterise it as conclusive when you're talking a difference in voter block of 10% pfft
the 2020 election was a 24% difference.

You think the vote for change was a about repealing a public health policy repeal that will cost $1.3b and thousands of lives
OR making AR weapons easier to access?
OR a referendum on the Treaty?

Is criticism of that policy reasonable or are does it make you an Indian Cricket Fan?

It's not democracy to lie, to not even remotely stick to what you promised, and to shape policy based on your financial backing. Nice trolling though
I completely agree with you that Labour was shocking at lying (eg He Puapua) and not even remotely delivering what they promised and shaped policy off Unions demands rather than what’s best for all NZers.

I’m with you hoping National delivered better health, education, roading and economy!

Because you boomer's love memes.

The three Not-So-Wise men have buggered this up..... instead of repealing it, they should have said that it would be amended. Instead, they're overreacted and done what too many new governments do... want change to suit their ideology instead of dissecting the act, removing or altering what they don't like and adding the new as they can.

Surely it would have been far better to say that they were going to review it and their proposed changes would be made known to the public latter on.

My personal opinion is Luxon got played by Peters and Seymour, and with the ex-tobacco lobbyist (and serial coffee spiller) in their side, Luxon misread the room and is now in damage control mode.

EDIT: sorry, just realised I replied to the wrong post 🥴

Last edited:
The three Not-So-Wise men have buggered this up..... instead of repealing it, they should have said that it would be amended. Instead, they're overreacted and done what too many new governments do... want change to suit their ideology instead of dissecting the act, removing or altering what they don't like and adding the new as they can.

Surely it would have been far better to say that they were going to review it and their proposed changes would be made known to the public matter on.

My personal opinion is Luxon got played by Peters and Seymour, and with the ex-tobacco lobbyist (and serial coffee spiller) in their side, Luxon misread the room and is now in damage control mode.
It would be world leading to ban league and sprout stats about ACC costs and dimentia rates but If people want to live their own lives and decide what’s best for ourselves let us - keep the do good progressives out of our lives and telling us what we can and can’t do!

Labours crisis in health with the wait list for surgery, emergency care, doctors appointments, etc is going to kill more middle kiwis than smoking does!

It would be world leading to ban league and sprout stats about ACC costs and dimentia rates but If people want to live their own lives and decide what’s best for ourselves let us - keep the do good progressives out of our lives and telling us what we can and can’t do!

Labours crisis in health with the wait list for surgery, emergency care, doctors appointments, etc is going to kill more middle kiwis than smoking does!
Our health system was shit along time before Labour came to power. I can remember stories from 50 years ago that would really surprise you.
Dental health was also terrible.

It's really something to type this on the same forum you opposed recreational drugs being decriminilised.

I completely agree with you that Labour was shocking at lying (eg He Puapua) and not even remotely delivering what they promised and shaped policy off Unions demands rather than what’s best for all NZers.

I’m with you hoping National delivered better health, education, roading and economy!
a) No wiz, try again. b) It's not National it's the others too. c) Where's your proof about the unions? That's more right wing fantasy mate. You're clutching at straws

So what do you honestly think about these cuts to pay for a tax cut no one needs, that will cost many lives, misery and the country billions of dollars?

Back