International Pacific Championship

See a number of people are annoyed Sky Open's (the old Prime channel) of their delayed coverage of the final. Because the coverage of the Woman's union game went longer than expected, Sky dropped the last few minutes of the game and all the post-match coverage to go straight to their next scheduled program.

Heard some stats of the game and one that sticks out for me was play the ball speed. Got me thinking that ptb speed is actually the key to winning for the warriors too. Obviously a lot goes into achieving a fast ptb but simplifying to that means you can concentrate a lot of what you do into achieving that.
Be interesting to see stats on how often team with fastest ptb wins.
Only interested in stats that support my theory.

Heard some stats of the game and one that sticks out for me was play the ball speed. Got me thinking that ptb speed is actually the key to winning for the warriors too. Obviously a lot goes into achieving a fast ptb but simplifying to that means you can concentrate a lot of what you do into achieving that.
Be interesting to see stats on how often team with fastest ptb wins.
Only interested in stats that support my theory.

Game 2 3.03s Kiwis 3.46s Roos
Game 1 3.19s Kiwis 3.41s Roos

Me thinks we need a different statistic

Bloody hell! thanks for your whakaaro, just thought big brother being an ahole, opened my eyes, keep it up.
Bloody hell! thanks for your whakaaro, just thought big brother being an ahole, opened my eyes, keep it up.
Yeah tautoko this hard out!!!

Also,we still hav an “ACE“ up our sleves thats been shelved since Toop’s laid dwn that 3 try blitz in Albany….
(Her name you ask?)
ANITA MOA to sing Aus athem again lol……..

You know the plays with Charnze and Manu working out of the backfield together , like that nice short ball for Jahrome Hughes to steam onto. Are sort of interchangeable with guys like RTS and TMM or Metcalfe

You know the plays with Charnze and Manu working out of the backfield together , like that nice short ball for Jahrome Hughes to steam onto. Are sort of interchangeable with guys like RTS and TMM or Metcalfe

Agreed.

With the Kiwis on a sweep play like that they have the advantage of a superstar Centre (Joey Manu) running a decoy and drawing Tabuai Fidow out of the defensive line.

In the first test they went to Manu too often as a receiver and unfortunately the whole NRL has his number and mark up on him.

Good to see us smarten up and use a star to suck them in.

Hoping to see RTS who is an another overused and over marked NRL player as a decoy like Manu on that second Try scoring movement out the back to CNK with a shift to Isaako or DWZ.

Last edited:
Samoa opt to play in this competition instead of tour England. An opportunity missed imho

RFL 'exploring options' after Samoa turn down tour of England in 2024​

Last updated on 4 hours ago4 hours ago.From the section Rugby League

Jack Welsby playing for England
The RFL has said they will update fans when there are "positive developments"
The Rugby Football League says it is "exploring all options" after Samoa turned down its invite for a three-match series in England next autumn.
It means England currently have no international fixtures scheduled for 2024.
Samoa instead intend to compete in the 2024 edition of the Pacific Shield alongside the likes of Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Papua New Guinea.
RFL chair Simon Johnson said the decision was "disappointing".

"We can't afford to dwell on it. They have made their decision," he said.
"We now owe it to Shaun Wane and the players, and to England supporters, to deliver meaningful international rugby league in 2024, and we are working with RL Commercial and [governing body] the IRL to make that happen.
"We'll make further announcements as soon as there are any positive developments."
England won their series 3-0 against Tonga, which was held in October and November in St Helens, Huddersfield and Leeds.
Both England's men's and women's teams will tour Australia in 2025.
New Zealand and Australia have also agreed to visit England in consecutive years after the 2026 World Cup.

Seems an odd Stance from Samoas pov unless maybe it’s a financial issue?
Where does Tonga fit into the Pacific comps next year? I’d assumed they’d maybe swap places with Samoa or have a playoff game with PNG?

Sad for england and therefore the game as a whole- rugby league needs presence in the northern hemisphere otherwise international footy is pretty much a bunch of kiwis and aussies with different jerseys on.
Id love to play england in a 3 match series in nz- wouldnt be so keen to travel there though tbh... PNG or fiji might be options for them...?

The Southern Hemisphere is now doing to England what England has done to France and other NH nations for ages - not bothering to play them because there’s no money in it worth the bother.

England made their own bed by failing to develop NH opposition, and failing to create financially compelling conditions for teams to tour.

I can see us playing an other nationalities outfit put together from ESL overseas players
Its a damn shame- I used to love the great britain tours- the 1990 series in nz was my favorite league series ever- every game was super close with nz piping u in the third test care of a hugh mcgahn masterclass in chch.
Freeman and goulding going at it none stop.. great days (omg im starting to sound like bruce) Its true though- the game just seemed bigger back then.
We always talk about growing the game and england is such a massive market- 60 million people? twice nz, aust and all the islands put together and they already have an established professional comp and theyre coming off the back of a successful series against tonga- its the obvious market to target- meanwhile we're playing games in vegas...
Until the game starts looking at the bigger picture the australian trial will always be the pinnacle of this sport unfortunately.

Back