Sports Black Caps

Wasn't Phillips top 4 best NZ players at world cup? He also had amazing couple of tests before that.

Phillips needs to open in T20.

The rest like you said are garbo.

He surprised with the ball but was nothing special with the bat at the WC.

He's only played 3 tests for 2 half centuries. ODI's he's played 30 for a highest of 72.

Still just 27 but he's been around for awhile now and still feels like he's firmly in the potential category.

He surprised with the ball but was nothing special with the bat at the WC.

He's only played 3 tests for 2 half centuries. ODI's he's played 30 for a highest of 72.

Still just 27 but he's been around for awhile now and still feels like he's firmly in the potential category.
He was superb in the 20/20 world cup last year. I think he was underutilized in the 50 over world cup this year with his batting.

I also think there is something wrong with the coaching set up with the black caps currently. Batting form has drastically deteriorated over the last few years for a number of players with a few exceptions like Mitchell and Williamson.

Last edited:
For those bagging Chapman the jury is still out regarding his long term place in the ODI format, however in T20Is in 2023 he's scored 576 runs at an average of 44.3 including a number of match winning innings at a strike rate of 141.8
Chapman score 152 not out for Hong Kong as a 16 year old in a legitimate ODI. His uncle was a Kiwi and he had other ties here so he came to Auckland for his last two years of high school and made Auckland FC almost immediately after high school.

He has an extremely poor technique so it is no surprise that whack and bash T20 is his best format however on the upside he really knows how to construct an inning, he puts the team before himself and is the opposite of a selfish batsman, he has maturity beyond his years and as such is always good in a crisis. He has a lot of spunk and is a fine servant of New Zealand cricket.

In other news according to this stats guru query https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/e...=matches;team=5;template=results;type=batting

For NZ batsman who have played twenty of more games Darryl Mitchell is ranked 2nd all time amongst our All Time Great batsman. His average of 53 is second only to Kane Williamson and Darryl naturally because he is such a good player has a considerably higher average that Martin Crowe who only averaged 45. There you have it all of you supporting Darryl Mitchell have perfectly good reasons for doing so. He is our second best batsman ever in tests based on average. Martin Crowe pish posh who is that cunt? Glenn Turner only averaged 44.64 so he is useless compared to Darryl Mitchell as well.

I thought throughout the series Bangladesh bowled accurately to plans that took into account the pitch and individual opposition. Similarly their batsmen generally played the conditions well.

The NZ batsmen were in general naive. When chasing a low total why employ the reverse sweep? Unless you have a lot of width and time play along the ground. Accumulate, the bad balls will come.

I thought throughout the series Bangladesh bowled accurately to plans that took into account the pitch and individual opposition. Similarly their batsmen generally played the conditions well.

The NZ batsmen were in general naive. When chasing a low total why employ the reverse sweep? Unless you have a lot of width and time play along the ground. Accumulate, the bad balls will come.
The BCB have better resourcing these days and with cricket being their number 1 sport it was inevitable that they would start competing amongst the well-established nations. They've now beaten everyone in T20I's apart from South Africa and are snagging a few test wins as well.

Back