General SKY TV Coverage of League

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Watched and thought it was great the grand final (think it was 97) with Manly/Newcastle, loved the Spud Carroll/The Chief rivalry, also watched a bit of the Canberra/Panthers final (must have been old as it was Winfield Cup and Daley was 21), every tackle that Mark Geyer made was high, he was a dirty sod. ;) Would like to see the 1999 Grand Final Storm/Dragons - only because i was there and it had great controversy with it - penalty try all day. :cool::cool:
I've got a few of the matches they are playing on DVD. But the new commentary is a nice touch.

I was going to be a smart arse and post on Facebook there was a big Grand Final on the weekend. Many better concentrate for the full 80 and protect the short side.;)

The Raiders vs Panthers Grand Finals of 1990/91 were good games. I know the night time Grand Finals look cool with the fireworks but the day time is great for the game quality and timewise.

99 I was going for the Storm so I was yep that's a try. No issue. Felt sorry for Ansgough though.

Reactions: Tedster

Sledge

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2016
Just watched the Brisbane v North semi final from 1994 I think? I like it with the new commentary. Renouf, Langer, great game with Norths winning 15-14.

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 29, 2014
I've got a few of the matches they are playing on DVD. But the new commentary is a nice touch.

I was going to be a smart arse and post on Facebook there was a big Grand Final on the weekend. Many better concentrate for the full 80 and protect the short side.;)

The Raiders vs Panthers Grand Finals of 1990/91 were good games. I know the night time Grand Finals look cool with the fireworks but the day time is great for the game quality and timewise.

99 I was going for the Storm so I was yep that's a try. No issue. Felt sorry for Ansgough though.
Was so good when the Storm won, was stoked and we were sitting amongst Dragons fans, even better. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Just watched the Brisbane v North semi final from 1994 I think? I like it with the new commentary. Renouf, Langer, great game with Norths winning 15-14.
Hey man you need to put in a 20 year old spoiler warning. ;)

The Broncos of that era used to be a good watch with the way they'd move the ball. What I watched of it last night Norths were taking it to them.

Reactions: Sledge

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
In line with today's commentators commentating yesterdays' games, will we have today's Broncos captain singing "St George can't play! St George can't play!", recreating that Allan Langer classic from 1993?

Watched most of the 66-0 thumping we gave the Rabbitohs in 2006. Wasn't as "razzle dazzle" as I remembered - frankly, the Rabbitohs were just gawdawful that day.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Watching the 2007 game vs the Panthers. The commentators mention the Warriors were criticised for having a pop gun like attack they put 36 points on in the first half. Sure the Panthers were poor but still 36 points. Last year we barely got 36 points in a game, 2020 seems worse.

They were off loading and supporting, passing around the ruck making the defense work.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
2nd test between Australia vs Great Britain from 1990 on this weekend.

Warriors vs Eels 2014. This one won't be as stressful as watching 2019, 2020 we could score some points

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2016
Any one know how Kayo bills? I've forgotten, so warriors play in the 30th of may if I re sign up do i get a bill for may (1 lousy day) or rebilled on the 30th of June? Think it's the latter from memory.
Cheers

Reactions: bruce

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
I’m enjoying the old schOOL RL games on Sky but I would prefer the original commentaries rather than the 2020 commentators.

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2016
Just got an email from sky, $25 a month for next six months. Happy to share my link if some one wants it, perhaps only for renewing sky subscribers IDK? I'm in Oz so no use and it'll be Kayo for me.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
Looks like Sky UK are showing all of the NRL games from the first two weekends rather than just a select few. First live sport they’ve had for a couple of months, aside from darts live from peoples houses that is (seriously). I suspended my payments for the sports package a couple of months ago, Sky allowed this to anyone who applied but didn’t exactly wave a flag about the deal.

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
Looks like sky are letting you get a free 24 access to sky sport now... their online version of skygo. If you joined today your get 3 games of nrl tonight 👍

Head to www.skysportnow.co.nz, select Day Pass On Us, register and unlock every channel on Sky Sport Now from midnight May 29 through to midnight May 30.

Last edited:

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Hopefully they get high ratings for it. Good that the club performed as well.

I know Sky get vilified a lot and a lot is justified. They are in a tough spot with their technology lagging behind the new competitors hitting the market, share price falling. They have been doing a bit better in recent times. They opened up the movies for people for 3 months over the lockdown and now this. Hopefully their new CEO trying things to turn things around.

The opening up the movies would be to help stop subscribers dumping them while there is no sport on and people looking to cut some house hold expenses. But still it probably would of been something they wouldn't of considered in the past.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings