General Siuatonga Likiliki

martian44_old

I talked to him on Facebook last week and he assured me he's staying at Newcastle. Bennett is keen to use him/give him a real chance in the centres next year.

a.c.e_old

SiuatongaLiks Siuatonga Likiliki
To everyone hitting me up about going to back to warriors next year - it's not true!
49 minutes ago

https://twitter.com/#!/SiuatongaLiks

Too funny. Cleary all so said that he wasnt going anywhere. Tahu said he wasnt going to union and then while playing union said there was no way he was going back to league. Petro said he was gonna be a Panther 4 life, life in Panther land is exactly 8 days.

Spence_old

I think the main difference is Hurrell looks like he's prepared to learn and put in the hard yards.

JonB_old

Hurrell look like a beast, a man amongst boys, I reckon he will dominate in the NRL.

But I never saw Lilikili play so they could be the exact same prospect...

fitzy_old

This all a bit new. I remember last year everyone was talking him up big time. I never liked him. As someone else said on another thread some place (very vague, I know), he looked good against boys, but couldn't cut it against veterans who were the same size as him.

Fazz_old

I think the main difference is Hurrell looks like he's prepared to learn and put in the hard yards.

Also has a much better passing (not offloading, but actual passing) game. Likiliki had a sick offload but only because he never really passed the ball before then. I think the difference between the two is that Hurrell has more finesse, Likiliki was 100% brute force while Hurrell is maybe 75% brute, 25% finesse.

fitzy_old

I think the difference between the two is that Hurrell has more finesse, Likiliki was 100% brute force while Hurrell is maybe 75% brute, 25% finesse.

I'd take that any day over brute force and strength. Finesse requires a bit of intelligence. Brute force just requires the ability to knuckle drag. Manu's game has really taken off since he worked the same thing out

Fazz_old

I'd take that any day over brute force and strength. Finesse requires a bit of intelligence. Brute force just requires the ability to knuckle drag. Manu's game has really taken off since he worked the same thing out

Exactly. If you have a bit of brains behind your brawn you can go AROUND the opposition and not just try to go through them as well.

jb1979_old

apparently it is all lies i wish it was true he should never have been let go with nafe seulini , elijah niko and marc ioane they were champions the warriors produced

Brian Mcclennan i have wanted him as warriors coach for 4 years now i never thought my wish would come true

Inu has to be on the wing with vatuvei he adds that extra spark and is going at attacking and defending the bomb remember how many he defused against the storm in in melbourne just an example they didn't sign him for those $$$$ to play nsw cup

jb1979_old

Likiliki , marc ionae , nafe seulini and elijah niko should never have been let gothey were champions the club produced plus brian mcclennan coach i waited 4 years for this never thought i would get my wish

Inu has to be on the wing with vatuvei he adds that extra spark and is going at attacking and defending the bomb remember how many he defused against the storm in in melbourne just an example they didn't sign him for those $$$$ to play nsw cup

Spence_old

Where would you play Niko, jb? And do you rate Ioane over Poching and Gavet?

Fazz_old

On NYC from I'd rate Ioane over Gavet...but apparently Gavet's come a long way so not sure anymore haha.

Spence_old

Gavet has been amazing for the Vulcans. He's seriously going to become a cult hero when he makes first grade, I bet you $1000 Warriors Dollars.

numbnutsnz_old

Likiliki , marc ionae , nafe seulini and elijah niko should never have been let gothey were champions the club produced plus brian mcclennan coach i waited 4 years for this never thought i would get my wish

You cant keep everyone! This sort naievity really gives me the shits.

blain91_old

Agreed numbnuts. Niko is not a champion, he was an average nyc player who would be behind Manu, Tupou, Inu, Fish, Slaimankel to be a winger here. Good on him for making the move to make a career.

Likiliki is average, Ionae has about the same number in front of him as Niko, Nafe is the only one, and the club chose Mara over him which is a tough but fair call.

The warriors cant keep 40 players in their top squad, would be a waste of talent anyway.

Cant wait for Gavet

Fazz_old

Gavet has been amazing for the Vulcans. He's seriously going to become a cult hero when he makes first grade, I bet you $1000 Warriors Dollars.

Hopefully he gets a go soon, it'd be a shame if he went on to be the next Fui Fui at Parra or something...Can you give some specific details on how hes going (big meters/minutes?)

Spence_old

Much bigger minutes than he was playing in NYC. Big hits on defense, strong runs, nice offloads. Not really a solid, consistent metre making prop, but I think that will compliment us well, as Rapira, Lillyman and Packer are all in similar moulds. Good dedication on defence though, puts in the hard yards.

Fazz_old

Seems to tick the boxes from what you say. I'll have to look much closer at him when the vulcans play on tv.

Spence_old

Don't let me talk him up too much, he is still very raw and has some errors in his game. However, he's unlike any other players we have in our squad, which is why I'm looking forward to seeing him play.