General Siuatonga Likiliki

blain91_old

Hmm seems a bit of a wierd buy, Hurrell seems the better player, Penehe has been signed, Ropo the incumbent and Tupou as the trainee you could say. Then you have Inu... Seems a bit over the top when he isnt that awesome anyway

a.c.e_old

Interesting. We know this guy has the goods, hes proved it in the under 20s. Not being able to break into the Knights top side may be a sign the guys home sick ala Tana Umaga. Well I hope we have a Tana like picture going on here and that this version stays in league instead of going over to union.

Might be another welcomed headache for the coaches next year if he is on his way back. Reading that the guys dreams was to debut for the Warriors and then shattered when he got shipped off means alot to a fan, the guy lives and breaths the jersey. Being away from the club and jersey didnt do if for him.

He probably needed a better support base in New Castle. Maybe super coach Wayne coming in might have a word with him.

Fazz_old

Can't complain, we all thought we needed another centre and at one point we all thought he'd be a superstar. If he's coming on small coin I'm pretty stoked. Hopefully Ropo and others can help him improve his hands and defense. As for why he hasn't made it to the knights, it could be an issue of the knights being hesitant to debut (basically) a new guy that isn't used to their system among other things.

Patu_old

I'd rate Hurrell a much, much better prospect than Likiliki, simply because he's willing to learn and put the hard work in.

In saying that, maybe this is the first player signing call made by Bluey? Next he'll be lining up Seluini!

Fazz_old

The jizz would clog up the forum for a week if that happened...

Spence_old

Also the fact that Likiliki has been injured for most of the year doesn't help him either.

ToiletDuck_old

The jizz would clog up the forum for a week if that happened...

I wouldn't jizz, I'd just assume Mara had been let go.

Oh well, as long as Likiliki is being paid peanuts then can't hurt.

RRG_old

As I said before, the Warriors have trumpeted there new recruitment policy but I really don't see how signings like Likiliki or Steve Raps fit in with this policy.

PB_old

Young master Likiliki denies he is coming back on Twitter. Says he is happy at Newy. RLW Mole says Warriors told him the signed him. Maybe his bro Toka has scored a first grade contract and the Mole doesn't know the diff? Or the Mole is full of it.

Patu_old

As I said before, the Warriors have trumpeted there new recruitment policy but I really don't see how signings like Likiliki or Steve Raps fit in with this policy.
The policy is promoting from within our junior ranks, and theoretically, Likiliki and Stevie we're part of those ranks, not that I agree with either of those signings though.

Iafeta_old

Not a big fan TBH. That said, I can imagine harder tasks than to make Suiatonga Likiliki into a good first grader. There's no doubt his physicality, its his defence that he needs to tidy up.

Tyrael_old

It's amazing how one year at another club in FG has let us see whether he was good enough or not.

Probably one of the smarter choices letting him go. Ackland has a good eye for skill and he probably saw right through it. Coming back, he better be el cheapo, because he will just play NSW

Northern_Union

Whats Hurrel offer that Likiliki doesn't? They seem similar sorts of players right down to the same faults.

Iafeta_old

Hurrell seems to me to be quicker and is a bit more explosive on a direct run. He seems to rely a little less on the shrug off/fend move of Likiliki and seems to just burst through blokes. He seems to have a slightly better workrate.

The point is valid though, they're both players built on physicality than guile. Konrad is at least a year off first grade IMO.

ToiletDuck_old

Well thank god for that.

The Mole shouldn't give up his day job.

2big2strong_old

I actually watched one of Tongas NSW cup games a few weeks ago for the Centurions and he was devastating. The only problem was that he went missing for large parts of the game so he still doesn't have a well rounded game by any means but one of the runs he went on up the sideline was Beast like, he must of broke 8 or 9 tackles on an 80 meter run before he was contained.

aussie_warrior_old

Whats Hurrel offer that Likiliki doesn't? They seem similar sorts of players right down to the same faults.

X2

I don't get it, Likiliki was carving it up in the NYC and didn't cut it first year out in the NRL, then people are screaming about Hurrell who has done less ??!?!?! Seriously, I don't see the difference, maybe it's the pain killers + alcohol talking, but I wouldn't be too quick to jump on the Hurrell > Likiliki bandwagon so quick.

At the end of the day it's a cost-benefit analysis, if he's worth the cash and we have it spare then it's all good. If Twitter is correct, this is all a waste of time.

PS. I would have rather kept Moon.

The 22 BEAST_old

I always rated Likiliki and im happy to have him back.

Edit, Didnt read all previous posts. My bad. Guess he aint back then. Wheres Rusty then?

Last edited by a moderator: