NRL Ladder Predictions 2024

My prediction they are going to do a sequel or remake of the Arnie movie Junior starring Russel Crowe. He's just bulking up for the pregnancy scenes which will be the bulk of the move. The prosthetics are too uncomfortable.
He'd have the perfect role in a live action Simpsons feature.

1709240762957.png

In all honesty there is something about this feeling of being a well run successful club that doesnt sit well. I kind of liked getting shit for supporting a bunch of losers, wearing my gear to say fuck you to anyone who cared to offer an opinion. Having to come in here with my support group who understands me.
Now we have expectations, every bugger has something positive to say, every stupid kid says up the wahs. I should be happy but.....I dunno.

In all honesty there is something about this feeling of being a well run successful club that doesnt sit well. I kind of liked getting shit for supporting a bunch of losers, wearing my gear to say fuck you to anyone who cared to offer an opinion. Having to come in here with my support group who understands me.
Now we have expectations, every bugger has something positive to say, every stupid kid says up the wahs. I should be happy but.....I dunno.

Bro you are forgetting that the Empire will skull fuck us through the Aussie Sith Lords with whistles.

As such the outsiders rebel punk aspect of NZ Rugby League will never change.

We are a top four club....where was our invite to Vegas?

Wiped on Vlandy's arse and flushed down the we ain't selling our game with a foreign team toilet.

We should have been invited to Vegas, instead they sent three manky old boys Sydney pet teams and the Queerslanders in the same old smelly wink wink sombrero pride of the league bullshit we face every weekend.

Bro you are forgetting that the Empire will skull fuck us through the Aussie Sith Lords with whistles.

As such the outsiders rebel punk aspect of NZ Rugby League will never change.

We are a top four club....where was our invite to Vegas?

Wiped on Vlandy's arse and flushed down the we ain't selling our game with a foreign team toilet.

We should have been invited to Vegas, instead they sent three manky old boys Sydney pet teams and the Queerslanders in the same old smelly wink wink sombrero pride of the league bullshit we face every weekend.
I’m personally glad we didn’t go to Vegas this season. Imo would be way too much of a distraction with what’s at stake this year, especially with the players supposedly getting some time off after the game to get on the piss before flying back home.

The breakers have done something similar in the past, travelling to the states at the start of their season to play NBA teams during their pre-season and it’s negatively impacted the start of their season due to the travel/jet lag and short turn around.

Will be interesting to see how these teams play in round 2.

I’m personally glad we didn’t go to Vegas this season. Imo would be way too much of a distraction with what’s at stake this year, especially with the players supposedly getting some time off after the game to get on the piss before flying back home.

The breakers have done something similar in the past, travelling to the states at the start of their season to play NBA teams during their pre-season and it’s negatively impacted the start of their season due to the travel/jet lag and short turn around.

Will be interesting to see how these teams play in round 2.
We are apparently one of the teams on the very short list to go to Vegas next year,

Top 8*
But yes, a tough start!
Yes for the other teams the WARs best support anywhere in the comp sometimes it seems the boys are playing at home aka GC or Sydney at times .. we have the best supporters and belief is real from top to bottom we have depth .. I think last year was a great breakout year of what our team can be ..this year is all about cementing that ... so many of these other top teams IMHO have players that are and have been overhyped ..
and thanks to the REF/Bunker advantage

It will be interesting to see how the Vegas teams back up for round 2. They get a weekend off so plenty of time to travel back. I can see if any of those sides struggle the extra travel will be used as an excuse later in the year.

For our club if we are shortlisted for next year, getting it over with would be nice. It is extra travel which isn't ideal. Might be good to if we have our turn in a few years and see how the other teams approach it and sort out a plan. Or we wait it out until the NRL ditch the whole Vegas thing.

The better plan would be to win premierships so we are tied up with the World Club Championship. That could mean travelling to England instead or packing out Mt Smart.

It will be interesting to see how the Vegas teams back up for round 2. They get a weekend off so plenty of time to travel back. I can see if any of those sides struggle the extra travel will be used as an excuse later in the year.

For our club if we are shortlisted for next year, getting it over with would be nice. It is extra travel which isn't ideal. Might be good to if we have our turn in a few years and see how the other teams approach it and sort out a plan. Or we wait it out until the NRL ditch the whole Vegas thing.

The better plan would be to win premierships so we are tied up with the World Club Championship. That could mean travelling to England instead or packing out Mt Smart.
I hope they are keeping their eye on Walsh! 🤣 Vegas + Walsh could be trouble!

Warriors and Roosters are picked by 2 of the 5 nrl.com experts to win premiership, alongside the storm once.

Warriors on the up and easts on the logic of 'can't be wrong twice in a row' (where picking the storm is really no pick at all, even if they don't get there it's still reasonable)

So really we're the only favourites in this column ...

This is why I really really like Webb's attitude in the media this pre-season - the 'they think they've seen what we can do, lol' swagger he's got going on.

Warriors and Roosters are picked by 2 of the 5 nrl.com experts to win premiership, alongside the storm once.

Warriors on the up and easts on the logic of 'can't be wrong twice in a row' (where picking the storm is really no pick at all, even if they don't get there it's still reasonable)

So really we're the only favourites in this column ...

This is why I really really like Webb's attitude in the media this pre-season - the 'they think they've seen what we can do, lol' swagger he's got going on.

Shocked to see the panthers hype die down. They for me are still the team to beat knowing they have only lost 12 games in the past 3 seasons.

Shocked to see the panthers hype die down. They for me are still the team to beat knowing they have only lost 12 games in the past 3 seasons.
They're picked as being in top 3 by all 5 NRL writers, they still have a lot of hype but eventually the continual pillaging of their squad has to have an impact... Maybe? Though with a lot of their core group still there, they'll be the benchmark again.

Jeez there's some exciting matches early on this season, round 2 will be interesting, the winners from round 1 USA vs the losers from round 1 USA matches, Broncos vs Bunnies and Roosters vs. Sea Eagles. Eels vs Penrith, do Eels still have the wood over the riff? Warriors vs Storm round 2, can we finally end the Storms winning streak against us? Also there'll be a couple of teams out to get us that we beat twice last year - Raiders, Sharks & Bulldogs.

Sea Eagles look like they will be more of a challenge than I was thinking they would be too if Turbo can stay healthy. Knights don't look as threatening as they did at the end of last season, cut off Pongas probing runs down the edges and they don't have much. Going to be a good season and can see a bunch of teams challenging for the 8 at the end of the year.

Jeez there's some exciting matches early on this season, round 2 will be interesting, the winners from round 1 USA vs the losers from round 1 USA matches, Broncos vs Bunnies and Roosters vs. Sea Eagles. Eels vs Penrith, do Eels still have the wood over the riff? Warriors vs Storm round 2, can we finally end the Storms winning streak against us? Also there'll be a couple of teams out to get us that we beat twice last year - Raiders, Sharks & Bulldogs.

Sea Eagles look like they will be more of a challenge than I was thinking they would be too if Turbo can stay healthy. Knights don't look as threatening as they did at the end of last season, cut off Pongas probing runs down the edges and they don't have much. Going to be a good season and can see a bunch of teams challenging for the 8 at the end of the year.
There is a big game after ours on tonight too, Storm vs Panthers.

Hope I am still going strong when that one rolls around lol.

If the Storm lose, they will be that much harder for the Warriors to play next week, therefore I will cheer them on over the Riff.

Wanna see the wheels come off the Chin Dynasty.

Back