Are you interested in purchasing a copy of Sione's book through the forum?

• Yes

• Maybe

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
Yes, and he ripped into the selection of Steve Price as captain. He didn't mention about Price having his own car to collect him at the airport after an away trip, but that has to be a dumb move. Again I think it shows why EW went for SK.
Yeah but you can see his point. Pricey didn't know what the kiwi culture was about.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Yeah but you can see his point. Pricey didn't know what the kiwi culture was about.
I can see his point all the way. Nobody understood the Polynesian culture. SK does and that is why I think we might see some progress.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Think it's starting to be a bit of a cop out 'x,y or z wasn't successful at the Warriors because they didn't understand Polynesian culture'
Would rather we promoted a winning/drive to succeed culture regardless of what race you were and if the players or staff can't get onboard with that then tough.
At the moment it seems to be the club fitting into the culture of the players rather than the other way around which is part of the problem IMO

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Come on guys. You needed Sione's memoirs to tell you that? That the aussies didn't understand the polynesian culture? i thought that was obvious.
We all knew, it is just the detail he puts that is interesting. BTW his book isn't an expose about the Warriors, it is a story about his wasted life as an NRL player. All the other stuff is just background information and very interesting IMO.
Think it's starting to be a bit of a cop out 'x,y or z wasn't successful at the Warriors because they didn't understand Polynesian culture'
I have tried to answer that. He isn't copping out. In fact he liked Wayne Bennett and wished he had accepted his offer. He blames his agent for that.

Reactions: BeastMode

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Bookstores in Aus and NZ are supposed to have it in stock right now. An electronic format is also in the works, which will have an exclusive additional chapter - due to come out within next couple of weeks.

He is also make a return to league for Easts in the Intrust Cup. Will see how he handles the preseason before making a final call on whether to play the season or not.

Reactions: bruce

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Sione is also playing in a charity match next week - maybe someone up in Brisbane may be keen. Few players from yesteryear involved i.e. Civonceeva, Preston Campbell, Kimmorley, Faalongo, Mark Tookey, Thorn, Peachey etc.

Robster Your all time fav player (of all time..), Justin Murphy will also be playing.

• Haha
Reactions: Swanley

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 13, 2012
Tonbridge, Kent, UK
Sione is also playing in a charity match next week - maybe someone up in Brisbane may be keen. Few players from yesteryear involved i.e. Civonceeva, Preston Campbell, Kimmorley, Faalongo, Mark Tookey, Thorn, Peachey etc.

Robster Your all time fav player (of all time..), Justin Murphy will also be playing.

ahh Robster and his love affair with Justin Murphy, it reminds me to dust of the VHS tape of "The greatest coffee book tackles of all time as selected by Skinny Ravs"

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Interesting that game has
Faumuina "cowboys"
Clinton Toopi "Titans"
Mark tookey "parramatta "
:rolleyes:

Reactions: bruce

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
44121621_2297118053858625_7538609280354615296_n.png

https://www.sionefaumuina.com.au/th...UdtBPLREgx4PEBPi7iz4v8k-4b8wWvuCV2d5H5rcA2RNc

Attachments

• Sione Faumuina Autobiography.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 12

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Anyone read it? any good? I see he has really changed his life around for the better and couldnt be more pleased for him. Really proud for the man he has become. Such a far cry from the days when he stumbled on these forums and started posting lol

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
hamilton
Anyone read it? any good? I see he has really changed his life around for the better and couldnt be more pleased for him. Really proud for the man he has become. Such a far cry from the days when he stumbled on these forums and started posting lol

Haha really?

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
He is a piss head.

Been on the piss with him.

Ah...well the thing is I have yet to meet the human being that can drink me under the table.

He would show me up in a game of crash. But line up a swappa crate or three and he is an amateur. Probably should have stuck to the league then.
if I need a liver transplant I don't want yours ;) :eek:

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
He is a piss head.

Been on the piss with him.

Ah...well the thing is I have yet to meet the human being that can drink me under the table.

He would show me up in a game of crash. But line up a swappa crate or three and he is an amateur. Probably should have stuck to the league then.
Dave, did you start on the Turps early tonight?

Melbourne Storm Central Coast Stadium, Gosford Rate Match

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings