Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seen as they don’t know what’s causing it and where it’s come from, will having a centralised oversight (with co-governance) make any difference at all?
The Mayor there seems to know.
There's one source of water that doesn't have a UV filter system.
Another infrastructure failure we have to settle for

3 Waters is a good example. The roll out of co-governance, is, at its core, undemocratic

the treaty doesn’t mention nor define co governance, but there is a whole industry around interpreting it. Unfortunately I don’t believe we will ever have alignment on it. So it is quite hard to implement “co governance” when there is debate around the principles of the treaty. Have a read of the treaty itself. It’s only 4 paragraphs long, and is quite easy to see how difficult it is getting alignment on it, wherever you sit politically

If we are trying to achieve equity, where does one draw the line? Equal outcomes will mean all sorts of different things to different people. At one end, it could be argued that equal outcomes is equal wealth. On the health-side, where does personal choice sit?

Definitely not OK with it. I just think having a group of undemocratically elected people presiding over certain things (e.g. our water infrastructure assets) doesn’t achieve equitable outcomes, or meet obligations under the treaty. Especially when you hear rhetoric from Tuaruki Delamere, and how he'd like to have control ($$) over Auckland's water

On the health side, i believe we should be treated according to need, by medical professionals. Doctors should be blind to race. At the end of the day, we are all human.

If there are issues with the process before people get to the medical facility, let’s fix those issues. In addition, given healthcare is so underfunded, it doesn't make sense to operate the system uneconomically.

To me, healthcare should be one of those areas where we just strip everything down to considering how to best cure a human. The great leveller

I went on my son's school camp earlier this year and there were a few medical professionals there. They told me stories about how they prioritised their list of patients, based on medical need and intervention. They would shortly thereafter have a visit from Te Whatu Ora, reprioritising their list, based on race. It's actually kinda crazy we have the suits dictating the medical talent which patients need to be seen.

100% agree
I’m going to dive into the ‘poorer outcomes for Maori’.

I believe there is a best practice way that isn’t western, but through trial and error the West has found and adapted best to what works. Things like science, medicine, education, legal framework, the economy, how to live in cities, etc.

These are global developed practices honed by trading and borrowing off other society based on what works. 1000’s of years of taking the best from multiple civilisations in a survival of the best idea type competitive development.

Indigenous populations have typically been isolated. In my view, and I try to say this respectfully, but the indigenous peoples are catching up and need to embrace best practice. They can never catch up working against a world wide extensively developed system that works.

For indigenous cultures there are big challenges about moving to what’s tried and tested vs losing tradition and culture. But the only way indigenous societies are going to have equality of outcomes is to move to best practice.

The Mayor there seems to know.
There's one source of water that doesn't have a UV filter system.
Another infrastructure failure we have to settle for
No brainer JN. Shows the caliber of the dorks managing the water supply.

I live rurally on tank water with a 20 micron prefilter and a 1 micron polishing filter with a UV bio system.

Key to not getting crook is changing the pod filters every 6 months and the Uv lamp every 12 months. Tank is sealed but there's birdshit on the roof, heaps of dust and fert so not exactly clean rainwater. Found a Mynah in the deadleg drain a few years ago. Wake up call.

Take flouride tablets for those teeth that still reside in my mouth.

Suppliers recommendations, no brainer

No brainer JN. Shows the caliber of the dorks managing the water supply.

I live rurally on tank water with a 20 micron prefilter and a 1 micron polishing filter with a UV bio system.

Key to not getting crook is changing the pod filters every 6 months and the Uv lamp every 12 months. Tank is sealed but there's birdshit on the roof, heaps of dust and fert so not exactly clean rainwater. Found a Mynah in the deadleg drain a few years ago. Wake up call.

Take flouride tablets for those teeth that still reside in my mouth.

Suppliers recommendations, no brainer
I found it very interesting that 3 waters was highly criticised and probably rightly so.
The fact is our water systems are completely fucked and have been for many years.
Here in the lovely BOP we have inner harbor beautiful beaches with swimming warnings.
Wellingtons water has been fucked for years and getting worse.
Some areas councils have warnings about water shortages and yet winter is just behind us. Queenstown has majors.
Wtf is going on?
Here we have an election around the corner and not one party or candidate has mentioned Water

Last edited:
I found it very interesting that 3 waters was highly criticised and probably rightly so.
The fact is our water systems are completely fucked and have been for many years.
Here in the lovely BOP we have inner harbor beautiful beaches with swimming warnings.
Wellingtons water has been fucked for years and getting worse.
Some areas councils have warnings about water shortages and yet winter is just behind us. Queenstown has majors.
Wtf is going on and
It’s a disgrace eh.

That we would tip cash into seriously questionable things, yet we’ve neglected clean water infrastructure for so long

Unfortunately we’ve all come to that realisation now, when the money’s run out. And instead of fixing health, infrastructure, education etc, our rainy day fund (low debt) has all been dusted with little to show for it

At least we hosted an americas cup during covid…

It’s a disgrace eh.

That we would tip cash into seriously questionable things, yet we’ve neglected clean water infrastructure for so long

Unfortunately we’ve all come to that realisation now, when the money’s run out. And instead of fixing health, infrastructure, education etc, our rainy day fund (low debt) has all been dusted with little to show for it

At least we hosted an americas cup during covid…
Yeah and we are being told by Nact that we will be paying for EV charging facilities that in my opinion should be financed by the electricity providers and the vehicle manufacturers.
When was the last time the State owned
petrol stations

Of course he is.
Also right wing non-conforming tennis player who drives a Skoda and supports protestors.
Sorry Wizards. Only taking the piss. 😉 😉
You should see his wiring, surprised the north island's not a blazing inferno by now. He's lucky the Labour funded media conspiracy will blame climate change when it does eventually all go up.

Last edited:
Not just Act candidates with conspiracy theories. Just goes to show how weak the caliber of candidates are from all sides…..

These fucking conspiracy nutbars must have sleeper cells infiltrating every party, like Klaus Schwab.

You should see his wiring, surprised the north island's not a blazing inferno by now. He's lucky the Labour funded media conspiracy will blame climate change when it does eventually all go up.
I’m considering a protest by gluing my hand to the asphalt in a media companies car park!

Nah… second thoughts, I wouldn’t be able to get away when the Labour politicians turn up to discuss their next piece of propaganda 🤣

Back