General Simon Mannering Autobiography GIVEAWAY

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Harlz
    Join:
    Aug 15, 2013

Harlz 1st Grade Fringe

That was one of my favorite memories as well. I also remember some clown throwing a glass bottle at his head too? Anyways long live Mannering!

2. Jwoodzy02
    Join:
    Nov 14, 2015

Jwoodzy02 1st Grade Fringe

The GOAT

3. PNG Kiwi
    Join:
    Apr 11, 2016

PNG Kiwi 1st Grade Fringe

I meet Simon at a party in Hamilton I wlould say at the beginning of his career. He was with another young fellow a Rugby player who looked the part. Simon physically was not as big as his mate, but I had to draw out of him what he was doing as he was then a very humble and quiet lad. He said the Warriors were going to have an open day the following Saturday, so I said I would take my Dad along.

Dad and I rocked up and watched an in house trial and it must have been the year Stev Price was signed as he was walking around the track as he must have been injured .

We meet a few players and Simon and I introduced him to Dad and I took the piss out of him light hearted for letting someone through during the trial. The thing I remember was how seriously he took it and said something like I will work on it.

Never caught up with him after that but like everyone admired his work ethic his humble approach a once in a lifetime Warrior.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. BippidyDooDah
    Join:
    Jul 30, 2016

BippidyDooDah U20's Player

Mannering was one of the few Warriors who never let you down

5. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

301 games for the Warriors, club player of the year and club captain for 6 seasons.
    45 tests for his country, captain and World Cup winner.

Simon Mannering (#125) is the ULTIMATE Warrior!

6. FinsUp93
    Join:
    Nov 19, 2018

FinsUp93 Waterboy

Legendary

7. SJ's on Fire
    Join:
    Nov 1, 2016

SJ's on Fire Warriors Bench Player

Did the hard yards, led by example, epitomised the meaning of humility and respect. Still remember briefly meeting him after the game against the doggies a few years back where big Kenny M scored a miraculous runaway try. Simon was just about to head in to the sheds after some photos with the fans. There were a few fans still waiting further down the sideline (us included) waiting for a pic. A lad nearby called out to him. Simon could have easily walked away as he had taken his fair few pics already. However the man that he is didn't hesitate to make his way back down the sideline to ensure that no fan went away disappointed.
    Thanks for the memories. Absolute legend of the game!

8. Winston...
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Winston... 1st Grade Fringe

Mannering was an absolute workhorse for the club over the years. If half the squad had the work ethic, commitment and attitude Simon did - we would no longer be waiting for our maiden premiership. Thanks for all your effort over the years JuJu...

9. kenny44
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

kenny44 1st Grade Fringe

Consistently our best player on the park for a number of years. You always knew what you were going to get from him.

A bloody good bloke as well!

10. ajofbrisbane
    Join:
    May 17, 2012

ajofbrisbane 1st Grade Fringe

One word that comes to mind is "Machine" he always went above & beyond and gave nothing less than 100%.
    Basically carried the forward pack on his shoulders for a number of years....

I really hope he enjoys his retirement, if I have the pleasure of bumping in to him here in Brisbane, I will shake his hand and buy him a beer.

11. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

Simon Mannering.

An absolute leader of men and absolute legend both on and off the field. No doubt that dude will be missed ...

12. Vancent
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2012

Vancent True Bluelever Contributor

13. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

Sorry for the delay guys. Crazy season and all.

Congrats to P-Unit who was lucky #13. Will send you a PM and sort postage :).

Thank you to all that entered...

14. P-Unit
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

P-Unit Warriors Bench Player Contributor

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Just wanna say once again thanks for the book turned up in mail from nz today will be reading this tonight awesome gift thank u so much