General Simon Mannering Autobiography GIVEAWAY

Reaction score
Harlz

Harlz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Best memory was when he nearly chased down Mark Gasnier from the other side of the field in that test match.
That was one of my favorite memories as well. I also remember some clown throwing a glass bottle at his head too? Anyways long live Mannering!

Reaction score

PNG Kiwi

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I meet Simon at a party in Hamilton I wlould say at the beginning of his career. He was with another young fellow a Rugby player who looked the part. Simon physically was not as big as his mate, but I had to draw out of him what he was doing as he was then a very humble and quiet lad. He said the Warriors were going to have an open day the following Saturday, so I said I would take my Dad along.

Dad and I rocked up and watched an in house trial and it must have been the year Stev Price was signed as he was walking around the track as he must have been injured .

We meet a few players and Simon and I introduced him to Dad and I took the piss out of him light hearted for letting someone through during the trial. The thing I remember was how seriously he took it and said something like I will work on it.

Never caught up with him after that but like everyone admired his work ethic his humble approach a once in a lifetime Warrior.

Reaction score

BippidyDooDah

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Mannering was one of the few Warriors who never let you down

Reaction score
SJ's on Fire

SJ's on Fire

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Did the hard yards, led by example, epitomised the meaning of humility and respect. Still remember briefly meeting him after the game against the doggies a few years back where big Kenny M scored a miraculous runaway try. Simon was just about to head in to the sheds after some photos with the fans. There were a few fans still waiting further down the sideline (us included) waiting for a pic. A lad nearby called out to him. Simon could have easily walked away as he had taken his fair few pics already. However the man that he is didn't hesitate to make his way back down the sideline to ensure that no fan went away disappointed.
Thanks for the memories. Absolute legend of the game!

Reaction score
Winston...

Winston...

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Mannering was an absolute workhorse for the club over the years. If half the squad had the work ethic, commitment and attitude Simon did - we would no longer be waiting for our maiden premiership. Thanks for all your effort over the years JuJu...

Reaction score
kenny44

kenny44

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Consistently our best player on the park for a number of years. You always knew what you were going to get from him.

A bloody good bloke as well!

Reaction score
ajofbrisbane

ajofbrisbane

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
One word that comes to mind is "Machine" he always went above & beyond and gave nothing less than 100%.
Basically carried the forward pack on his shoulders for a number of years....

I really hope he enjoys his retirement, if I have the pleasure of bumping in to him here in Brisbane, I will shake his hand and buy him a beer.

Reaction score
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Simon Mannering.

An absolute leader of men and absolute legend both on and off the field. No doubt that dude will be missed ...

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
The epitome of what a warriors is...has the fight and heart we all been wanting from other players
Sorry for the delay guys. Crazy season and all.

Congrats to P-Unit P-Unit who was lucky #13. Will send you a PM and sort postage :).

Thank you to all that entered...

Top Bottom