Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

Wouldnt have a clue? Not an 80 minute player so he may play Reserve Grade with Nathaniel Roache? He maybe one of the two players the Warriors are shopping around even? Havent heard any names dropped yet but we know that their were four in total and Suaia Matagi and Bradley Abbey were two of them. Players are tip lipped on the other two...
Thanks Mt Wellington. I have no clue either. Will see what happens

Reactions: mt.wellington
KingBubz

KingBubz

Coach Andrew McFadden hinted the dummy-half support roles were yet to be confirmed but admitted that more additions were likely to be made to the Warriors 2016 roster.

"At this stage Siliva is obviously still contracted to us," said McFadden.

"There is some stuff going on in the background but at this stage he is still with us for next year.

"You can probably expect some signings. I don't know about any major signings, it's more about depth and filling our squad up with the numbers we need to compete in an NRL season.

Sounds interesting, reading between the lines I guess Siliva is in the process of being shopped around as well...

Diesel

Diesel

That's my take too on Siliva, I also get the impression that Cappy is holding back and there may be a five eighth to be signed over the next few months

Reactions: Nahz
snake77

snake77

At the late stage of his career and with a superstar in his position on the way Friend isn't going to get the type of money he would have been getting. He will also be behind Luke and TL in the roster depending on where we play TL and how Lolohea may go at 6.

It will be interesting to see how many other offers he gets. Not sure how many clubs may want a 34 turning 35 year old dummy half even for one year. After looking around for a while the club and Friend might come back to the negotiating table. He also needs to think of how much it will cost to pack up and move his family for another year, settling his kids into another school before settling for good.

If he goes good luck to him and thanks for his service over the last few years. Hopefully his current form continues as he's trying to earn a new contract somewhere.

The comments on Havili were interesting and look like he could be moved on.

After missing the finals for the last 3 years and this years performances haven't been setting the world on fire so far. It's time for some tough decisions and it sounds like the CEO and coach are starting to get a roster they want and not one they inherited. We are in for some interesting times over the next few months.

mode81

mode81

Luke's coming so Havili and Friend's days are both numbered .. backflips and all.

Good chance for Roache to develop under a world class 9..

Marquee Luke as #1 hooker , Tommy to cover hooker and halves.. back up and development plan with Roache.. bye bye Havili & Friend.. I'm all good with that.

rekt

Great work offloading Havili.

What's the chance that we're still paying part of his salary for next year though?

Selector

Great work offloading Havili.

What's the chance that we're still paying part of his salary for next year though?

Depends is the club releasing him early from his contract? He would be one of the lower earners you would think on a first grade contract. So I doubt it would be much if the club had to subsidise part of his contract.

Did he ask for an early release? Maybe he saw the writing on the wall with Luke coming next year and saw he wouldn't get much of an opportunity to play first grade next year. If he asked for an early release the club won't have to pay him.

snake77

snake77

Havill's future at the club didn't seem to good when reading McFadden's comments a week or to ago that "he was under contract for now" or something along those lines.

If we are in the middle of a clean out we'll have one or two more who most likely move on. Hopefully it's not just freeing up some space to promote guys into the top 25 and we see another couple of names coming in.

Good luck to havili at the Dragons. A change of club with a different culture might be good for him.

Blain

Blain

Good luck to Havilii, best option for both clubs.

This will give us space in the 25 to grab a young half. Shame we didnt get the Tigers Te Martin.

Reactions: 2 people
Mr. Muller

Mr. Muller

Good luck to Siliva seems like he's been around for ages. Now come on uncle Jim what are you working on?!

Reactions: Nahz
jonno

jonno

Good to see Havili moving on to better things. He was another talent who couldn't get his shit together here at the Warriors... He'll reach his potential at the Dragons, and maybe even push for a spot in the Kiwis at some stage again. Who knows.. He's got the ability, and hopefully he'll find the drive at his new home in the land of grinding defense and boring structure that is the Dragons...

Blain

Blain

He didn't play 80 minutes in the NYC comp, he shared the duties with Trent Bishop I think it was? They just ran over people. If you cant play 80 minutes in the NRL as a hooker, let alone 30 minutes, you'll never become a first choice starter. He's going up against Heath Lestrange, surely he'll take his spot on the bench.

The Warriors need a smart, ball playing hooker. Roache appears a better fit in this squad as a back up for Luke.

Miket12

Miket12

I'd heard a whisper about this but thought it was more likely to occur after the season hard finished. That's why I didn't/don't favour him having a spot on the bench.

If, what I heard was correct, the thinking is TL (if uninjured or not playing 5/8) and then Roache are seen as back ups to Luke for next year, why continue to develop Havilli for another club to benefit from - I'd rather they either replace on the bench with Roach or not even have a backup hooker and look at movement within the playing squad (i.e. Kata or Tui even Sammy) if Air Friendly needs a spell.