General Signed Warriors Trading Cards

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
I have been collecting league cards since I was a kid, and signed Warriors cards since their inception. Does anyone out there have some signed Warriors cards that may fill a few of the gaps in my collection?

Bumped to progress update and request on last post

Last edited:
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Welcome to the forum Ever Hopeful.

Dont collect cards sorry. Got enough Warriors memorabilia issues already. Theres alot on trademe or ebay but I suppose you already know that. Keen on seeing your collection in a user album one day. Thats not your collection on Youtube is it???

PS On a sidenote I have an A3 picture of your profile pic that was the cover sheet for the Dominion Post story on the 2002 Grand Final. Cant display it at home cause it freaks the kids out! Quite a gruesome pic...

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Welcome to the forum Ever Hopeful.

Dont collect cards sorry. Got enough Warriors memorabilia issues already. Theres alot on trademe or ebay but I suppose you already know that. Keen on seeing your collection in a user album one day. Thats not your collection on Youtube is it???

PS On a sidenote I have an A3 picture of your profile pic that was the cover sheet for the Dominion Post story on the 2002 Grand Final. Cant display it at home cause it freaks the kids out! Quite a gruesome pic...

Yeah, gets expensive doesn't it! No, that's not my collection on You Tube, I have managed to accumulate a few thousand signed cards over the years and it drives me nuts that I don't have some of the early Warriors players! (If anyone has links to the early players, I could send them unsigned cards to sign for a small finder's fee).

Yeah great pic isn't it? We had a lot of fantastic ball players in 2002, but to me this epitomises the year. Campion brought so much to the club in his short stay.

Reactions: 1 user
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Okay, sorry to interrupt people with uber-nerd stuff again, but...

Each year there is a couple of trading card releases. The premium set at the end of the year usually has a rookie type signature card for each club. The last few have been Tuimavave, Johnson, Packer, Brown etc.

However, this time they have gone a bit left field and selected Viliami Kaveinga. I don't really know much about him with the limited U20s coverage this year. Can anyone tell me if he has potential to be a first grader?

Attachments

• johnson.jpg
    johnson.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 30

warriors4eva

Yeah, gets expensive doesn't it! No, that's not my collection on You Tube, I have managed to accumulate a few thousand signed cards over the years and it drives me nuts that I don't have some of the early Warriors players! (If anyone has links to the early players, I could send them unsigned cards to sign for a small finder's fee).

Yeah great pic isn't it? We had a lot of fantastic ball players in 2002, but to me this epitomises the year. Campion brought so much to the club in his short stay.

I'm trying to collect warriors trading cards with my son but don't find many from 1995 to 2000..would you have any complete sets of these years I could purchase from you ?

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
I'm trying to collect warriors trading cards with my son but don't find many from 1995 to 2000..would you have any complete sets of these years I could purchase from you ?

Full sets no. But I probably do have spare singles from various years that I could send you. I'm not interested in selling them, I'd rather just spread the hobby, especially as it is a great hobby to get into with your kids. I probably wouldn't be into league if it wasn't for me discovering card packets at the dairy as a 10 year old!

Reactions: 2 users

warriors4eva

Full sets no. But I probably do have spare singles from various years that I could send you. I'm not interested in selling them, I'd rather just spread the hobby, especially as it is a great hobby to get into with your kids. I probably wouldn't be into league if it wasn't for me discovering card packets at the dairy as a 10 year old!

Sounds great, we only collect the Warriors Team Sets and the early years are just hard to find. Were both huge warriors fans, me more so, and collecting the cards is much cheaper than the jerseys lol

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
The only widely distributed 1990's cards the Warriors appeared in were 3 sets in '95 & 3 sets in '96. After that Superleague kicked in and nothing was released. I have had a look, my spares are kept under the house - could only find 11 cards there. PM me your address if you would like them, there would be no charge.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    582.9 KB · Views: 31
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
The only widely distributed 1990's cards the Warriors appeared in were 3 sets in '95 & 3 sets in '96. After that Superleague kicked in and nothing was released. I have had a look, my spares are kept under the house - could only find 11 cards there. PM me your address if you would like them, there would be no charge.
whats the all star team sean hoppe card? what series is that from? do you have any common spares from 95/96 series?

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
whats the all star team sean hoppe card? what series is that from? do you have any common spares from 95/96 series?

Hoppe is a 1996s1 insert. Just the above spares, I don't tend to keep swaps as they just take up too much room, and my collection already takes too much of that. I have another spare Mark Horo, that is about it.

I'll put up pictures of my collection in the gallery section at some point. I'm still after the odd missing card, it might ring a few bells to people.

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Have now loaded some of my cards into galleries - enjoy the nostalgia. Cheers Mt W for the heads up.

warriors4eva

sorry for the slow reply, laptop died and only got a new one on the weekend. I will be in touch

Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
I've got 3 from 2008 select nrl champions collection all three have their stats on the back with there names on the front a their sig's in gold across them, I have Ruben Wiki , Evarn Tuimavae, and Steve Price. not a good pick but will try uploading it. Scan0001

Last edited:
Weno

Weno

Does any one still have the 1995 team coke cans?

My brother has a mint laminated Ian Roberts rookie card when he was at Souths.
He was offered $600 for it, the greedy guy turned it down in search or three digits.
I told him he might make those figures on K Road.

drake83

I have a signed Ruben Wiki card from the 94 series 2 it says hes only played 1 game and lists him as a winger. As for other signed cards i have a Jack Reed, and Alex Glenn, also from the 2012 series the dynamic duo card a signed Greg Inglis and Dave Taylor card.

smc

If you're talking about the ones from the Mobil stations I'm pretty confident there's still a set in one of my boxes of crap in my mums attic. They'll be in there along with my db bitter coasters with the players on them that my dad was nice enough to collect for me when he was out on the juice.

Reactions: 1 users
ajofbrisbane

ajofbrisbane

My brother has a mint laminated Ian Roberts rookie card when he was at Souths.
He was offered $600 for it, the greedy guy turned it down in search or three digits.
I told him he might make those figures on K Road.

No but I have a 1995 DB Bitter commemorative can from the first ever game vs the Donkeys